Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2007, 03:06 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,182,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Geesh - Why am I working my arse off to stay in shape, have firm butt, hips, etc? I always assumed most men preferred thinner woman. I'm not talking anorexic thin...

I guess, I can eat that bag of M&M's staring at me in the face.

I think no matter what - one should always look what's inside a persons soul. Whether they're big or small.
There is someone for everyone. If we all liked the same things it would be too too boring!

If you like working out, cool, go for it! If you want to eat the M&M's try the dark chocolate ones, the scientist say that dark chocolate is good for you

And you're right it is what is inside that is supposed to count!

For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it. Ivan Panin

We are all beautiful to someone.

Last edited by GoddessofRandomThoughts; 10-06-2007 at 03:08 PM.. Reason: Goddess privilege

Old 10-06-2007, 06:32 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,883,655 times
I think that thin model girl is much more attractive.
But to each their own.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:35 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,563,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Just curious about what the men-folk have to say.

I have a friend who is very attractive but she's about 30 lbs. overweight. Believe me, she has her choice of men, when we go out, guy's will flock to her . Im always amazed by all the attention she gets . Do men just prefer a woman with more meat on her bones ?
Guy's what's your opinion ?
so what is the point of the post?
i mean she is all squared away right?
im lost.
stephen s
san diego ca

Old 10-08-2007, 04:49 AM

384 posts, read 1,711,118 times
Not sure if this was answered as yet, but sometimes a woman can be very solid and tips the scale at a high mark but when you look at her she's very curvy and voluptuous and doesn't even look as heavy as the scale states. There is a difference between being overweight and thick as well as obese. I think the most important thing about a person apart from his or her personality is the way he or she carries his or herself. Another thing is I believe that we tend to emphasize too much on a person's weight; as long as they are healthy and not ill due to their size then it shouldn't matter.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:43 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,624,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
yes it is.If it's within reason.

here are 2 photos,the skinny fashion model is not my type while both of the women in the other photo are yum yum yum,but specially the one in white cause I like her hair.Spanish or white girls like this make me weak kneed and ready!

The(normal?) fashion model looks like if I took her out for dinner she would order a frickin salad,always wanting to do athletic sports stuff and complaining while the other 2 women(look like Puerto Rican) look like fun,probably know how to enjoy life,aren't afraid to osder a steak dinner and when it comes to sports are probably best at bed sports.

Moderator cut: image removed

Oh Lion, what the heck is "within reason" regarding cellulite and rolls!!

The model you show here is yuck! way too skinny, and the other two, the one on the left, yeah I can see the attraction, the other one doesn't look too bad ~ but I would think that the weight she is at is very unhealthy - VERY VERY pretty though - the one on the right.

I don't really fit any of these categories above, top heavy, but not on the bottom ~ I'm glad to hear cellulite is attractive too bad my husband don't think so ~ I'm also glad to hear I can just stop working out too!

Oh and by the way, I'm ready for dinner anytime, I'm no salad eatin Bi@ch either ~ I can out eat you anyday ~ oh and the more carbs the better.

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 02:35 AM..

Old 10-15-2007, 10:22 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,489,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleestak View Post
Thirty extra pounds is nothing. Women are supposed to have curves. It's only at the extreme ends of the spectrum, when the curves disappear, that I lose interest. For example: the actress Jennifer Connelly used to be a seriously hot looking woman. She did some sort of film noir movie a while back where she looked very nice indeed:
http://www.facade.com/celebrity/photo/Jennifer_Connelly.jpg (broken link)

Recently though, she's lost a lot of weight... and in my opinion, some of her looks:

Maybe it's just me, but I think she looked better with a few "extra" pounds.
Was that film noir movie you mentioned "Dark City" by any chance? One of my faves. Watching Ms. Connelly perform "Sway" in that movie was mesmerizing, and I'm not even a guy!
Attached Thumbnails
Hey Fellas...Would you date a BIG woman ?-sway.jpg  

Old 10-15-2007, 11:03 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,773,878 times
The full figured girls were very pretty and obviously enjoying life. I wish our society would change its value system. So many sweet, big hearted girls out there go unappreciated.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:55 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,475,805 times
up to a certain point.

i have one friend, carrying maybe 30 extra pounds or so, and id date her in a heartbeat.

if it was 50 pounds, perhaps not.

Old 10-24-2007, 02:01 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,160,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
The full figured girls were very pretty and obviously enjoying life. I wish our society would change its value system. So many sweet, big hearted girls out there go unappreciated.
If my only choices were to starve myself and date a shallow man who only wanted me for my looks, or to be healthy and alone...I'd choose to be healthy and alone. I don't need that kind of B.S. in my life. People who don't want to accept me for what I am can get the hell out of my life.

Luckily, not all men are shallow creeps. Mine isn't.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:46 AM

558 posts, read 2,251,309 times
Always the skeptical one here...I wonder how many men who want their women thin are not so thin themselves???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships