Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Sex Overrated
Yes 37 44.05%
No 47 55.95%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:32 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Each person can define overrated on their own. It just sounded to me, with what you said about the media, it sounded like you were agreeing with my position.
If you were talking specifically about the media buzz, yes. "Overrated" obviously means different things to different people. I just don't think it helps a discussion to use obtuse references. Not trying to split hairs here, or argue. But I see this as two totally different perspectives/issues.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:32 PM

228 posts, read 500,263 times
I'd say no, it's not overrated, at least not for me. I'm a very sexual person and a healthy sex life is way up on my list of priorities and needs that have to be filled on a regular basis.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:40 PM

12,963 posts, read 13,679,366 times
No, when I die I want to come back in the body of a lesbian.

Old 10-26-2010, 02:43 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Lesbian Bed Death Official Website

Old 10-26-2010, 03:20 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Drinking a half gallon of gatorade, then driving across the city in a school bus, where you can't relieve yourself...and then finally getting off to pee 90 minutes later...is 100x a better feeling. You don't have a weiner...but trust me on this.
Yeeeeeah I’m still gonna go with sex.

As a woman (YES, a woman without a weiner thanks very much paganmama! ) who can’t pee behind any old tree or on a wall like men can, it is MUCH more relieving for us when we make it there, but I’d still choose sex.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:25 PM

302 posts, read 885,610 times
I don't think it is overrated, but I think when it's used in negative ways it can be really hurtful.

But when you are with someone you have great chemistry with, I think it is one of the best ways to connect with another person...and have a great time

Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,407,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreams View Post

But when you are with someone you have great chemistry with, I think it is one of the best ways to connect with another person...and have a great time
I believe this statement is overrated. I have a ton of friends...and I believe I have a good connection with all of them, and have good times...and I never have nor ever will have sex with them.

Communication breeds connection...not genital mucous.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:08 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
The media might over sell sex but our sex life should be based on our own rating system. Apparently anyone who is Asexual or non-sexual would overrate any sex. Any activity or experience we have no desire to participate is over rated.

Speaking for the guys, a mentally and physically healthy male is programmed by nature to want sex. If I had almost no sex drive or I found it not pleasurable I would want to know the reason.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:38 PM

67 posts, read 116,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Do we live in an oversexed society? Sure, I'll go along with that. But I still wouldn't call it overrated. It sells for a reason.

Now sports, video games, religion, politicians, most vacations, and shopping malls are overrated.

There is little more pathetic than a grown man investing too much of his emotional energy, precious time, and hard earned salary following some billionaire athlete's stats who couldn't care less about him, or spending endless hours playing childish video games. But if that's what makes them happy or keeps them from perching themselves atop some office building with a high powered rifle then more power to them.
Ah, you mean that situation is ridiculous because the man is not spending his money on a woman, or spending his time dealing with a woman's problems and issues and drama? Maybe the man has found the meaning of life; make yourself happy, not someone else at your expense.

Now that you mention it. I do recall my father. Playing a lot of video games. Let me see.

College educated(had to start his work life at the age of 13 so he went to night class and worked at the same time most of his life). He's taking another master's now.

Owns his own house. All paid for. Didn't mess around with party girls. Didn't catch any stds. He's also the greatest father one can have, a perfect husband, a terrific son and broher. He's a mentor to younger guys, helps out at the local church. Makes donations and instilled in me great morals.

So hm, how are you going to compare a MAN with real accomplishments to what, a teenager? Because my father likes to play video games? He also plays chess online. He must be immature or something .

"Speaking for the guys, a mentally and physically healthy male is programmed by nature to want sex. If I had almost no sex drive or I found it not pleasurable I would want to know the reason."

The great thing about being human is that we can control our urges. Do I want sex? Yes. Do I want to catch a std/be accused of false rape/make the woman pregnant/have her deceive me into parenthood?

Hell no. Thus I stay away from sex.

And no, I am not paranoid nor are the women around me of low quality. I simply have eyes to see, ears to hear, and a great control over my sex drive.

I am the future, baby.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:40 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Yeeeeeah I’m still gonna go with sex.

As a woman (YES, a woman without a weiner thanks very much paganmama! ) who can’t pee behind any old tree or on a wall like men can, it is MUCH more relieving for us when we make it there, but I’d still choose sex.
I wish I could pee standing up

Men don't know how lucky they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships