Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 05:23 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times

Advertisements

I was not attracted to my bf physically in the slightest when we met, but he made/makes me laugh, which is a massive turn on for me. Plus he can laugh at HIMSELF. It’s very annoying being with someone who can’t do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 12:23 AM

783 posts, read 2,258,295 times
Moderator cut: image removed

Mena Suvari and Robert Brinkmann

Moderator cut: image removed

Michael Douglass and Catherine Zeta Jones

Jackie Kennedy and Aristotle Onassis

Paulina Porizkova and Ric Ocasek's corpse (20 freaking years!)

Ron Wood and Ekaterina Ivanova

Old 10-28-2010, 12:58 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Do you think there's a double standard for dating 'within your number'?
Perhaps but I don't think about it much.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:54 AM

404 posts, read 701,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
One of two things are happening to you. It's either:

A. You aren't as attractive as you think.

B. You are lacking in one or more of the other areas which trump looks to the average female. Maybe you have an inferior personality, maybe you aren't very bright, maybe you are poor, etc

At the end of the day, if moderately attractive females won't give you the time of day, you don't measure up to the level they desire (and can get). Sounds harsh but it is true. I myself had to revise my expectations downward a bit this year, but in doing so my dating life improved exponentially.
You forgot the third option, which is right in many cases:

C. A moderately attractive female won't date you because at any moment she can choose among several men, and some of them are more attractive than you.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:25 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,240,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post

Uh, those are celebrities or rich people.

Show me a super model attractive woman with a server room IT guy. Ain't gonna happen.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:34 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Not so much these days. You have MILF/Cougar, all that stuff glorifying older women, saying they can relive their 20s even in their 40s. You have clothing stores like Forever 21..
Get out! You're really using the name of a random store as evidence of something? Have you ever been to Forever 21? I'm asssuming no because you're a manlet.. That store is not for milfs or cougars, it's for teens and 20 somethings. True you can't stop older women from shopping there and some might, just like you can't stop teens and 20 somethings from shopping at Limited Too (a clothing store for tweens) but that doesn't mean the store is designed for that age group. It's not. The majority of women in thier 30s and 40s don't shop at Forever 21.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:00 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
An average looking women has allot more options and has gotten allot more sexual advances then the average looking guy so women and Men on the same level the women usually has allot more options and can be more picky..

Usually the table doesnt turn till a women reaches a certain age and realizes the guys above her level were just using her for sex and she cant get a relationship with them to which she becomes deseprate enough to go to her level or even below in hopes to find marriage and have kids..

Old 10-28-2010, 12:53 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
Weird, I was at three weddings this summer and at all three weddings, both my wife and I noticed all of these amazingly attractive women with fat, gross, beer-gut nasty guys. So, I have no idea what you are talking about.
I've never seen that. I imagine it depends how good the economy is. I some places, any man with a job gets a 3 point boost. Not here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
uh... you mean for sex?

sure, women can sleep with men who would never consider dating them. that's an option that men generally don't have.

committment is another story.
Hypergamy does have its downside. However, few women understand this until they are 38 and need a sperm donor and financial backer NOW. "Where have all the nice guys gone?"

I've overheard the same story so many times and it is always the same. Average minus women providing easy sex for guy of her dreams. She is so close to landing him that he almost is beside the boat. Then the line breaks.....

Old 10-28-2010, 12:59 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
In DC, I see on a daily basis, chuncky to fat to obese women with in shape guys. I don't ever see the reverse, though I hear about it say at clubs where rich guys are, and their obesity is overlooked due to the money, but I don't go to those places.
In my experience, most guys who inherit wealth are at least reasonably good looking. Why? Because their father (and grandfather) was able to get a good looking wife. Generations of "good" breeding.

Among those who are self made, most did it because they are good salesmen and it helps a lot to be good looking to do this.

So the story about the wealthy, bad looking guy snagging the 9 or 10 is largely a myth. Ambulance chasing lawyers, anyone?

Old 10-28-2010, 02:42 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post

Yes, attractive women date & marry rich and powerful men. How does that help the OP? If he were rich and powerful, he wouldn't have made this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships