Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 07:42 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
we may have discussed this here before, but has anyone ever played Dark Side of the Moon while watching The Wizard of Oz? I've heard about it but just haven't had that much time to waste yet.

wait, let me rephrase... i've wasted plenty of time, but all the necessary elements have never come together (movie, music, appropriate provisions...)
I hate the Wizard of Oz. It scares me. Don't know why that's important, I just felt like sharing. LOL

Old 11-10-2010, 07:47 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I hate the Wizard of Oz. It scares me. Don't know why that's important, I just felt like sharing. LOL
It's those dang flying monkeys....and the scene where the witch says, "I'm melting...I'm melting". It scared the crap out of me, when I was tiny. Oh, and "I will get you my pretty". I couldn't sleep alone for weeks...lol.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:50 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
It's those dang flying monkeys....and the scene where the witch says, "I'm melting...I'm melting". It scared the crap out of me, when I was tiny.
I've known SO many people that were traumatized by those monkeys - my ex- even got the kids to fear them...

...so of course, I'd sneak into their rooms at 4 in the morning screaming "FLY, MONKEYS, FLY!!!"

Gotta' toughen those tadpoles up...

Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I've known SO many people that were traumatized by those monkeys - my ex- even got the kids to fear them...

...so of course, I'd sneak into their rooms at 4 in the morning screaming "FLY, MONKEYS, FLY!!!"

Gotta' toughen those tadpoles up...

Did you have to pay for therapy? LOL.

Old 11-10-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Did you have to pay for therapy? LOL.
Just for me - I scared myself.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:07 PM

I wonder if I can change my user name here?

...I think "MassDelete" would fit in SO much better...

Old 11-10-2010, 08:10 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,011 times
Quote:
It's those dang flying monkeys....and the scene where the witch says, "I'm melting...I'm melting". It scared the crap out of me, when I was tiny. Oh, and "I will get you my pretty". I couldn't sleep alone for weeks...lol.
For me, it's not so much the flying monkeys, though I do find them creepy. It's all the danger to Toto...the neighbor taking him and then the witch threatening him. I don't like movies where animals are threatened.

I also hate the part where they meet the Wizard. Creepy!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:33 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,817,357 times
Quote:
I loved the movie growing up, but, yeah, the melting part! I had to run out of the room, because just the sound freaked me out. The monkeys never bothered me. But the scene when you see the witch's feet curl up when the house falls on her... THAT was scary as hell!

Old 11-10-2010, 08:36 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,897,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
These Fresh and Easy markets have been popping up all over the place around here. Has anybody actually shopped there?? Is it a one stop shopping place or do you need to go to other places to do your grocery shopping.

I popped into one real quick and IDK, there was few things that I didn't think I really would like. I noticed that the veggies all seem to come in packing. They also didn't have baggers or people to check you out. It looked totally self serve???

What is your impressions, can you save money there???
I think so - there was one by my work (two jobs ago). I would get sushi there or get a salad or get an egg salad sandwich for lunch. They have a whole section of refrigerated premade items that you pop in the oven. They have yogurt, cheese, butter, milk. They've got salad dressing, produce. You should check out their meats and their fish. They've got cereal, bread, jams and jellies. Frozen items. They had a little dessert section. They've even got a few household cleaning items and toiletries.

I would run into a lot of ladies from work shopping there after work. They don't have EVERYTHING - but what they do have "grows" on you. I would definitely drop by there now and then. We have a Fresh & Easy, but it's six miles away, not too convenient. The one near my old work was less than a mile away.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
I loved the movie growing up, but, yeah, the melting part! I had to run out of the room, because just the sound freaked me out. The monkeys never bothered me. But the scene when you see the witch's feet curl up when the house falls on her... THAT was scary as hell!

The whole movie is kind of creepy...even the munchkins...the singing...the neighbor on her bicycle wanting to hurt Toto...not remembering anything at the end....it is a wonder we are not all in therapy...haha. The only good part is the cowardly lion...I love him...rhhphf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships