Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2010, 02:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Can you say pork chops anyone....the pig died a while ago.
I guess it shows how up-to-date I am on celebrity gossip! No replacement?

Old 11-08-2010, 02:29 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,707 times
Indeed. Since I don't celebrate the traditional holidays either, the time between Halloween and Chinese New Year is my "Winterfest" - essentially I could put up festive lights, or not, decorate a tree inside my house if I have the time or inclination... bake lots of yummy things to give away, again as time dictates. Basically all the religious and American holidays with none of the guilt or obligation.

It really ticks my parents off. Oh and 420? Thirteen states and the district, medicine not poison, I say.

I'm not sure 52 is enough. Maybe by the time I die I'll have filled the calendar, and will have a reason to celebrate every day!

December 27th was empty, but seeing how it's sierra's birthday, definitely going to have to get up early, meditate, intimidate the surly teller at the bank, and raise a glass in her honor. That gives me a pretty full day.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:13 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Have you noticed how scrawny George is looking lately? He needs some fresh air & exercise.

I doubt he could handle more then 4 at a time nowadays.
Actually I think George looks just fine. Really really fine.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:16 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Nah, they can't be in the same pile! George may be overused and not the greatest BF material, but he's still hot.
I owe you a rep on that!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:08 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Frankly, I think you already are. And you can even ignore it altogether.
Well it was kind of a rhetorical question but yes, I do already celebrate my own way.

Quote:
Perhaps the "crappiness" just gets more press. I do think you seem to have a rather dismal perspective of things. What the heck ails ya?
Dismal? I wouldn't call it that, but of course it's MY philosophy of life so I suppose I wouldn't. I like to think of it as "enlightened cynicism". What ails me? Nothing at all. I'm quite satisfied and happy. One often gets that way when one sees the way things truly are and doesn't feel the need to march to everyone else's tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraAZ
Since almost nobody does it these days, I give ya permission to celebrate Dec 27th!
I just happen to have that date open, so now December 27th is International Sierra Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin
My wife has a trick that gets her a party every time we're out. When someone's getting that special "It's my Birthday Lap dance" or recognition she always says "It's my Birthday too!!!" She has at least 40 birthdays a year but never gets any older.

She's also the one you'll see in the background of wedding pics of other couples sitting in the Limo or helping the groom cut the cake.

Everybody will give a good looking blond with a great laugh (and nice boobs) the benefit of the doubt. Me and you can't pull it off.
Hahaha - we get a lot of people coming into the club here that try that. We've learned to ask for ID - it saves a lot of free drinks. But of course, none of them look like your wife - I understand how she can do it but you and I cannot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita
Well, Jackass is still available!
LMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire
Indeed. Since I don't celebrate the traditional holidays either, the time between Halloween and Chinese New Year is my "Winterfest" - essentially I could put up festive lights, or not, decorate a tree inside my house if I have the time or inclination... bake lots of yummy things to give away, again as time dictates. Basically all the religious and American holidays with none of the guilt or obligation.
Nice! That same time period for me is what I call "Hibernatorium" - I still celebrate my holidays but stay in my man-cave to do it.

Quote:
It really ticks my parents off. Oh and 420? Thirteen states and the district, medicine not poison, I say.
What better reason to do it than to tick your parents off? And, let's make burnt offerings in the hopes of every state in the Union coming to their senses.

Quote:
I'm not sure 52 is enough. Maybe by the time I die I'll have filled the calendar, and will have a reason to celebrate every day!
Yes, that's what I'm working on also!

Quote:
December 27th was empty, but seeing how it's sierra's birthday, definitely going to have to get up early, meditate, intimidate the surly teller at the bank, and raise a glass in her honor. That gives me a pretty full day.
That just goes to show the beauty of our system - diversity. I'm going to sleep late, masturbate, jump the bones of a bank of tellers and raise a magnum in her honor.

Old 11-08-2010, 04:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I just happen to have that date open, so now December 27th is International Sierra Day!
*wiping brows*

Yey, managed to get squeezed somehow! Probably the strippers are on Christmas break. Guess I wasn’t born at the wrongest of wrong times after all!

Old 11-08-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
*wiping brows*

Yey, managed to get squeezed somehow! Probably the strippers are on Christmas break. Guess I wasn’t born at the wrongest of wrong times after all!
Yes, it works out well. In fact, I've even had a few dreams about squeezing you in between a couple of strippers...

Old 11-08-2010, 04:39 PM

New Age Thought Of The Day:

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:05 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
New Age Thought Of The Day:

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
"They always say that time changes things, but you actually have to change things yourself."

Andy Warhol

Old 11-08-2010, 05:21 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Where in the yellfire have you been?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.