Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 08:32 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,295 times

Advertisements

Because we don't like being reminded of our mortality. And women wear the scars of our culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 08:38 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poptones View Post
Because we don't like being reminded of our mortality. And women wear the scars of our culture.
I think it's closer to some that don't like to be reminded of reality. The boob tube isn't real, tho, it's pretty amazing how some folk channel their worldviews through it. I'm not sure what you mean by scars of culture, tho. Any of you can just take a look in the mirror to be reminded of what humans actually look like, cultural scars and all.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:46 PM

76 posts, read 108,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Oh please with the celebrity gossip. The point stands. He will have opportunities you (general male you) will never know and likewise with her as it relates to other women. You're not going to grow into a George Clooney. End of story. Frankly, I don't know why you waste your time with this stuff. It's not real.

The 35 yr old women I know are married, have kids, careers, and a life. They are not characters in this online fantasy. And really, people aren't snagging all that much from one age group to the next. For married folk the age differences are ~3 years, similar looks, similar level of education, etc. That's how it generally goes.

As far as the value argument goes, again, I just don't buy it. There is no reason to, not TV, not p*ssed off guys on the net, at the club, etc. When two people marry and live a life together it's so much more than the physical. The two-dimensionality of who is pretty and who isn't becomes amplified when compared to your family, and that's what a husband or wife becomes in a healthy relationship. I dated quite a bit in my 20s and had my share of boyfriends and even then it was the same. People looking for love/a connection/peace (in my world at least).
Im not comparing myself to George, im comparing women in their 40s to men in their 40s. Apples to apples. Never seen 40 year old woman with no dye or makeup out on the town. Cosmetics are marketed to make women look younger and you all use them, you're projecting.

There are more unmarried people now than ever, you just don't know any.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 PM

I just ran across this vid on youtube. He's a bit harsh, and I wish his language was better, but the vid is so fitting for this thread and forum.

Coming from a man who likes to dress as a woman and his experiences thus far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAUq_-bFzX8&feature=sub

Old 11-03-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
And so what? Who cares? Or I should ask, why do you care?
Im saying she fell apart. Not so long ago she was one of hollywood's hottest women, but now id rather date the waitresses at TGI Fridays...... and so would George Clooney.

Old 11-03-2010, 08:55 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,295 times
I'm not sure what you mean by scars of culture, tho.

I can't take credit for that line, tho I think it's a fantastic point. Here's the words of the person I stole the line from. She's one of my all time favorite artists.

Wangechi Mutu « My Wretched Consciousness

Old 11-03-2010, 08:59 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
I just ran across this vid on youtube. He's a bit harsh, and I wish his language was better, but the vid is so fitting for this thread and forum.
I want to ask him for makeup tips. Nice lipstick!

Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:

Coming from a man who likes to dress as a woman and his experiences thus far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAUq_-bFzX8&feature=sub
Pretty sure he's jealous that the other....um...."girls" in the club were prettier.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan 181 View Post
Im not comparing myself to George, im comparing women in their 40s to men in their 40s. Apples to apples.
I guess I'm not following. So, what are you saying? The point is that those women want the George Cloony's of the world. The rest of the guys out there, most guys, will, again, date their own.

Quote:
Never seen 40 year old woman with no dye or makeup out on the town. Cosmetics are marketed to make women look younger and you all use them, you're projecting.
Projecting what, exactly? People like to look their best, young and old. Some wear makeup, some don't. It makes no difference.

Quote:
There are more unmarried people now than ever, you just don't know any.
Even so, there are millions of us out there. Ya know, married, working, having dinner, raking the leaves, etc. And there are millions who aren't. So is life.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan 181 View Post
Im saying she fell apart. Not so long ago she was one of hollywood's hottest women, but now id rather date the waitresses at TGI Fridays...... and so would George Clooney.
Does it really matter whether you want to date her or not? If so, why? Ah, that vid I posted is so fitting. It really gets to the heart of the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships