Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 04:32 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Haha! That is hysterical! My brother's girlfriend/ fiancee' (whatever she is now) and her parents came to my home and I cooked and baked before they got here and while they were here and lovely meals were ready for them...yet, they only ate steamed broccoli and talked about how bad the gluten in the wheat is, how many calories this or that has, the number of carbs something else has...I wanted to poke them in the eye by the time they left here!
Ha ha!!!! Oy, I understand if they want to deprive themselves, but this is just RUDE, especially since you cooked a delicious meal!!

Some people even like to point out to me: "Does your husband know you are eating this crap?"
Well, I'm sorry! I eat really healthy most of the time, but like everyone else, I eat food that's unhealthy for me because it's nourishing, it's comfort food, it's tasty, and I consider it bad manners to point out while I'm eating that what I'm eating is a terrible grease fest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Haha! That is hysterical! My brother's girlfriend/ fiancee' (whatever she is now) and her parents came to my home and I cooked and baked before they got here and while they were here and lovely meals were ready for them...yet, they only ate steamed broccoli and talked about how bad the gluten in the wheat is, how many calories this or that has, the number of carbs something else has...I wanted to poke them in the eye by the time they left here!
Oh, my! Those winners are still around, huh?!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:34 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Mouth sounds of satisfaction while eating, lip smacking, tongue clacking, finger licking etc.

Starving dogs make less sounds than some people.

I also can't stand people who blow their nose at the table. Just vile!

Last edited by LuckyGem; 11-02-2010 at 06:02 PM.. Reason: Had to add a little bit more...

Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
My biggest pet peeve is for someone to point out how bad this food for my health while I'm eating it!!!

"Are you REALLY eating that street meat from the vendor??? Do you know how BAD it is for you???"

Dumb nuts, my husband is in this field, do you REALLY think I don't know how bad it is for me!!! I'm eating it because it tastes good and I'm allowed to treat myself to a bad food when I want to.

Oh, that gets me, too. Especially when I'm eating a salad that I am well aware is not a low-fat salad! I got the "Did you know that salad probably has more fat and calories than a Whopper?" comment by a friend who was on a diet about a year ago. So??? Just let me eat my damn salad!!! It's not like I eat like this every night... or even every week. Probably less than once a month! And it's also crazy I feel I even have to explain that to anybody.

One of my pet peeves is when pets are allowed to sit at your feet and watch every bite you take. And I'm definitely a "pet person", but I have never encouraged feeding from the table with my animals. But just feeling "stared at" is weird. And if I don't look or offer any food, then I get a paw on my knee, or a little "yip!". Usually this happens with dogs, but my parents' cats are just as bad. (Edit to add: I guess this is literally a "pet" peeve!)

Another pet peeve is inappropriate conversation during dinner. Granted, I can be a little squeamish, so what's "inappropriate" to me would be no big deal for most, but c'mon! One Christmas, we had steak at my ex-husband's father's house. And the conversation throughout was about how what we were eating was actually a cow that had been hit by a car (my ex-FIL's wife's sister lived across the street and her family raised cattle), but was still "fresh" enough to throw on the grill. I love steak, but, man, I couldn't finish that one...

Last edited by Neemy; 11-02-2010 at 05:23 PM..

Old 11-02-2010, 04:42 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
You've all covered most of my peeves. I also dislike it when people (namely my father-in-law) season their food before tasting it. I like to cook and I make good food. At least TASTE it before dumping salt all over it.

When a waiter asks how my food is when my mouth is full, I smile with a closed mouth and give a thumb's up. I guess that would be rude in a fancy restaurant. I will deal with that when I go to one.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:52 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, my! Those winners are still around, huh?!
Oh, that story is from the archives but she is still around! I have a great story to tell you about the most recent!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:55 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Ha ha!!!! Oy, I understand if they want to deprive themselves, but this is just RUDE, especially since you cooked a delicious meal!!

Some people even like to point out to me: "Does your husband know you are eating this crap?"
Well, I'm sorry! I eat really healthy most of the time, but like everyone else, I eat food that's unhealthy for me because it's nourishing, it's comfort food, it's tasty, and I consider it bad manners to point out while I'm eating that what I'm eating is a terrible grease fest.
Bingo! they are TERRIBLY rude and self righteous...

MM, I think we need to find a carnival that is halfway between the two of us and indulge in some funnel cakes and beer! The breakfast of champions!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:01 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Oh, that story is from the archives but she is still around! I have a great story to tell you about the most recent!
You should tell this story on this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...cess-type.html

If you feel like typing, I'd like to hear the updates.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:07 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Bingo! they are TERRIBLY rude and self righteous...

MM, I think we need to find a carnival that is halfway between the two of us and indulge in some funnel cakes and beer! The breakfast of champions!
I'm down!!! I'm always in the mood for some funnel cakes and dark beer!

Old 11-02-2010, 06:10 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
I went to eat with two of my employees for lunch the other day.
It was alot of fun until one of them felt the need to go digging inside of her nose. I offered her a klennex, but she twirled that thing somehow with a pointy twist, and dug out her mirror, and was over there a diggin` for gold...ya` know? We were sitting around eating nachos and cheese, but there came a point that she really needed to head to the bathroom or something, because I am losing my appetite quickly here. Just not cool, the time or place...Good God!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships