Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:29 PM

66 posts, read 110,270 times

Advertisements

There's a personal trainer at my gym that Ive been talking to for about a year. She has a boyfriend, but flirts alot through body language, eye contact, smiling, etc. I get the impression that either she's doing this for attention and/or maybe looking for a new boyfriend. Sometimes I approach her and she could not be friendlier. Other times, she's in "work-out" mode and comes off as rude and not open to talking, which I can relate to. Anyway, she knows Im interested and have been for a while.

There is a rule at my gym that all people must have a workout towel with them for sanitation purposes. Ive been sent home by the front desk before for not bringing one. This girl never uses a towel (you'd think of all people, staff would use one). So, today, I walked by her while she was on a treadmill and asked what happened to her workout towel. She said it was in her office. I then offered to let her borrow my towel and she declined.

This was about 90% intended to be flirtatious by me - I was just trying to joke with her, give her a hard time, etc. She never really sweats and I could care less about it. The other 10% is slightly bothered by the double standard- that Ive been sent home for this and she appears to be above the rules.

Anyway, at the time she didn't appear to take it as a joke. She didn't really laugh even though I said it with a smile on my face.

Was this really poor judgment on my part? Does she have a right to be mad at me in any way? I meant it to be a flirtatious joke, but she did not appear to pick up on my humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 08:37 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,582,663 times
Sounds pretty gross to me. Also sounds like you might need to go ahead and throw in the towel on this one.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:39 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,823,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloot310 View Post
Was this really poor judgment on my part? Does she have a right to be mad at me in any way?
Poor judgment? My wife is still laughing at the story.

Mad at you? No. She thinks you're a creep.

I wish I had some advice but I'm at a loss. Can you move?

Old 11-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,145 times
you gotta work on your game

Old 11-22-2010, 09:08 PM

Yeah she rolled her eyes at me a couple weeks ago after I asked her what she was for Halloween, so it was kinda payback for that (I had been ignoring her until that towel comment).

Of course I was joking when I asked her if she wanted to borrow my towel.

What are the odds she'll have a towel with her tomorrow?

What are the odds I'll be dating her by the end of the year?

Last edited by cloot310; 11-22-2010 at 09:18 PM..

Old 11-22-2010, 09:42 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,902,033 times
Quote:

What are the odds I'll be dating her by the end of the year?
can't answer your other questions, but this one's easy: zero.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:55 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,728,231 times
Man you're a criminal for stalking an unavailable female. Just do that dude a favour and find another girl in the gym.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:23 PM

355 posts, read 615,948 times
Quote:
What are the odds she'll have a towel with her tomorrow?
Bwahahahaahaa)) Man, you're good.
That question reminded me of my old philosophy teacher. That poor bastard

Old 11-22-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Man you're a criminal for stalking an unavailable female. Just do that dude a favour and find another girl in the gym.
Dude you should see how this girl acts. A couple days ago she walked right up to me with her back turned, knew damn well that I was there, and pulled the back of her waistline down a good 3 inches - a good portion of her ass was exposed 3 feet away from my eyes. Once I started a set, she pulled it right back up. Shes been doing stuff just like that for a loooong time. I see her checking out myself and other dudes on a weekly basis. I asked her out a long time ago and she told me she has a BF, which I thought for sure was a lie until I saw the pics on Facebook.

Also, I have a solution for what I did today. When I offered her my towel, it was before my workout. I had just walked on the treadmill for 5 mins to warm up and she knows this. I can easliy tell her that it was a clean towel (cus it was) and it takes away the gross thing and makes me look like a caring guy . Or, I could continue to offer her my towel every time I see her without one, a running joke kind of thing. No pun intended.

What a nice guy I am for offering to let the young lady use my downey fresh work-out towel....

Old 11-22-2010, 10:35 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Hint: It isn't about the towel. At all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships