Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 02:35 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
In that case, get a magnifying glass!
Better that than the scanning electron microscope some people use...

Old 12-14-2010, 02:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Better that than the scanning electron microscope some people use...

http://www.layoutlocator.com/graphic...mcmuah0412.gif

Old 12-14-2010, 04:16 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Hey, Phil ... don't forget your cookies for the Christmas potluck!

Old 12-14-2010, 04:24 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
Yummy looking cookies. You could lick all the g-strings off them.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:31 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Nice cookies...

Old 12-14-2010, 04:34 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Hey, Phil ... don't forget your cookies for the Christmas potluck!

Mmmmmm.....delicious!

Last year my SIL hosted a toy party at her place. My mom, who is horrified at the idea that we even attend those things let alone host them, wanted to help her get ready. I will never let my mom forget that she made penis cookies.

Old 12-14-2010, 04:37 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,628,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
A REVIEW OF "MUAH"
by Phillipe Argyle-Wentsworth III
City-Data Art Critic

SierraAZ, long-crowned the enfant terrible of the art world, has, through her latest ontological oeuvre, transformed our so-called familiar urban landscape of City-Data into something self-referential, stochastic, and yet at the same time mundane. One recalls the Dadaists and the soup cans of Andy Warhol, and one reflects on the normative paradigmatic shift of our hermeneutical age. There are those who will view "Muah" as a didactic polemic, little more than a bete noire; still others who will see it as replete with a fertile esthetic, and others will want to burn themselves into a fiery crisp on national television, imitating (perhaps) the Buddhist monks of yesteryear, whose saffron-colored robes "Muah" echos, in all their evanescent autocracy.

The question remains:

Muah: a simple recherche into the lost carts de jeunesse, a Dumbo’s feather that lets the viewer soar back to the lost folly of youth? Or a sine qua non of postmodern folly?

The meaning of this "Muah" might have been comprehensible had we discovered it rising against the warm backdrop of “avant-garde” Seattle, but arising as it has, here, in the gritty cold heart of Relationships, and funded by so-called ‘artists’ whose “creative” progeny are all indubitably strange, we find nonsense in the idea that meaning means anything ‘sensible’ and one rather suspects a joke being played and we, the viewers, don’t yet quite “get” it.

I would equate the experience of seeing this exhibit with passing through the birth canal and suggest that those who hate "Muah" do so because they despise their own existence. Sierra’s "Muah" is a physical representation of the artist’s inner dialectic, juxtaposing saffron spirituality and utilitarian steel in a compromised landscape, and brings up the penultimate question: Ou les neiges de temps jadis sont?

If we know anything, we know this: Art is neither object nor subject, but the phenomenological intertwining of both so that ‘appreciation’ (in all its varied and multiple meanings) is born from the simple realization of perception. This recognition allows for art that is neither here nor there, but everywhere. And nowhere.

Sierra’s animism is at the heart of her challenge to the verity of truth, insofar as it rectifies the humanism of our spatial modality. "Muah" purports to effect a nouveau realisme in which the actual is unrealized into a cathartic emission of the whole.

The dialectic of Sierra’s “Muah” is a reflection of the post-9/11 zeitgeist, absent the schadenfreude qua nervousness that has gripped the American populace in this world of “now-more-than-ever.” The semiotics of the lowly chimpanzee serves an ontological function in re-animating and re-introducing the humanity of New Relationships to their perceptions of the apish joy of being – the being you felt as a child, vis a vis a pinata. The Gestalt bespeaks a Foucaultian Weltschmerz, a sumptuous feast of post-Derridian brio-***-angst. It’s in this context that “Muah” covers, even metastasizes, over City-Data like a vast dollop of neo-maternalistic, neo-Marxian mayonnaise.

The painted lips, a touchstone of familiarity to the bourgeoisie (nursing at the paps of American Idol), emanate as immense labia beckoning, even taunting the onlooker to become, to be the phallus penetrating into Mother Nature – the maternal yin imprisoned in the mechanistic yang of the thread and yet floating above the concept of restraint – the “Muah” welcomes yet repels; it silently ululates like a shtetl of schmatte-clad yentas and yet remains silent with the deafening-yet-voiceless torment of the ur-mensch; metaphysical yet material (or rather neo-material), smug in its tangibility yet internally, silently, futilely screaming in horror at its immateriality. The “Muah” is, in short, of a piece with and yet utterly discontinuous from the fundamental leitmotifs of our age.

As for the sexualized nature-of-being within the context of the exposure: the Muah cannot be phallic; by its very nature it must be Sapphic and labile, thus rendering the observer as a sort of unintended symbol of penetration qua probing. It mitigates the very phallocentric nature of our neo-culture where every wardrobe malfunction becomes a gesture of the feminine violent against a landscape of testicular domination. The flowing lips of the Muah are by necessity, feminine; they recall the flowing garments of kindergarten teachers, of wash on the line, and the color – an ochre, rather than a true red – dimly recalls menstruation. What Sierra has done here is nothing short of genius; the observer-as-penis concept writ large.

As rendered in "Muah", the effect is homiletic rather than narrative–especially the cheap eyeglasses, which provide a whimsical counterpoint as well as a sobering reminder of our paternalistic dichotomy, where all true art is of necessity samizdat, and thus destined to languish in obscurity, ignored by the nekulturny hordes of bourgeois apparatchiks.

I gladly viewed Muah, feeling in it a life-affirming force, but couldn’t help looking away with existential angst on my face, remembering Auschwitz.

In SiearraAZ’s America, we are all diaspora.

Old 12-14-2010, 05:31 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,650,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Mmmmmm.....delicious!

Last year my SIL hosted a toy party at her place. My mom, who is horrified at the idea that we even attend those things let alone host them, wanted to help her get ready. I will never let my mom forget that she made penis cookies.

hahahahahaha
hohohohohohoho

Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,388,478 times
Sunday night I attended my husband's spa Christmas party. It was a nice gathering with food, dancing and karaoke.

So one woman who works at the spa as a hairdresser decided that she wants to sing Karaoke. She is this really REALLY attractive Puerto-Rican who came with her husband and son. The problem was that when she started singing, the whole place realized that she is TERRIBLE. A truly terrible singer. But it didn't bother anyone because she was having a great time, shaking her booty and really getting into it. However, immediately after she started singing her husband stood up, put his hands over his ears and walked out of the room!!! And didn't just sneak out, but walked across the room so the whole place saw him walking out!!! I don't know how embarrassed can you be to do that. I thought it was very disrespectful. Even if she is horrible, why not have a good time and support her???

Old 12-14-2010, 06:36 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,928,620 times
It just doesn't pay off to be a hag!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA8sWvlBx1U
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships