Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 09:22 PM

479 posts, read 432,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
If you continue to press the issue when it's painfully obvious your mate doesn't want to talk about it, that's considered drama.
How, without talking, does an issue get resolved so that it's no longer an issue to either party, then?

Old 03-07-2018, 09:27 PM

1,178 posts, read 686,650 times
Bs. I am a woman and I DESPISE drama. I have dated Drama Kings before and that necer lasts long.

It has nothing to do with gender.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:28 PM

1,178 posts, read 686,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastie View Post
How, without talking, does an issue get resolved so that it's no longer an issue to either party, then?
It doesn’t get resolved without talking. Pushing doesn’t help.

Old 03-07-2018, 09:28 PM

479 posts, read 432,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissybear View Post
Women cause all sorts of drama.
My last GF always took everything too seriously and made big deals out of things that were nothing.(Such as putting away laundry and shuit like that) and even caused more drama by cheating on me and blaming ME for why she did it.
Women cause nothing but trouble.
If her "big deals" were really nothing, then why didn't you just put your [bleep] laundry away? (Not important to you does not equal not important to everyone...) Compromise much?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-09-2018 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 03-07-2018, 10:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,053,319 times
Quote:
If her "big deals" were really nothing, then why didn't you just put your [bleep] laundry away? (Not important to you does not equal not important to everyone...) Compromise much?
Hopefully they've figured it out after 6-7 years.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-09-2018 at 10:18 AM..

Old 03-07-2018, 11:54 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,933,182 times
Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

I don't think male/male relationships are any less prone to drama than female/female relationships or male/female relationships or transgendered relationships, etc. This isn't a gender specific/sexual orientation specific thing, as much as it's a human specific thing. I've heard so many straight people say things like ''I wish I was gay! There's not as much drama with men/women as there are with the women/men I've dated'' and I've also heard those in same sex relationships say ''I'm going straight! There doesn't seem to be as much drama with women as there is with the guy's that I've dated!''.

At the end of the day, Women do create drama, men create drama, humans create drama. Obviously not ALL of them, but this is a human thing, not a gender thing.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-09-2018 at 10:19 AM..

Old 03-08-2018, 07:15 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,064,597 times
Quote:
I suspect this stonewalling is the reason more women than men actually file for divorce.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:37 AM

20,417 posts, read 14,722,379 times
Guys, replying to anything prior to this page...this is an old thread, resurrected. Good chance some of those folks aren't here to make conversation anymore. Just sayin'. Sometimes I wonder how people even find these dinosaur convos to excavate, but whateva.

Anyone who believes that women make drama, and men don't, is not someone I would want to be in a relationship with. Just that simple.

That is a person who invalidates women's feelings, which leads to emotional abuse. Like it's cool when a guy loses his temper and acts nutty or gets jealous and mad or whatever, throws some sort of a fit, but if a woman wants to calmly discuss how she feels about something, he rolls his eyes and plays the "no drama" card? Sounds like a kind of gaslighting to me. I'll pass.

Drama is human. Some level of it is normal. Having feelings and needing to process and communicate them is normal. Having zero self control and turning things into a huge, noisy production, does not have to be. Both men and women (who lack self control and are immature) can be prone to over the top displays of emotionality, and be difficult to deal with because of it. And anger is an emotion, and it counts.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:54 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,881,848 times
My ex husband used to slam doors and make a big NON-verbal racket when he was mad or upset. To me that is the worst kind of drama.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:18 AM

20,417 posts, read 14,722,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
My ex husband used to slam doors and make a big NON-verbal racket when he was mad or upset. To me that is the worst kind of drama.
Yep. Mine was mad at our kid once, so he grabbed a full case of 24 cans of Dr. Pepper and hurled it down the open space of the stairs to the basement, where it smashed into the wall and exploded all over our kid (who was then about 14) and his computer. This was doubtless over some trifling piece of "disrespect" that our teenage son dished out to him, like teenagers DO.

No self control.

Such drama.

No wonder I'm with a chill older philosophical Buddhist type guy now. Violent tantrums will never again be permitted in my home, period. Zero tolerance. Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships