Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 06:47 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Nah. I'd bet my money on attention-seeking.

Wait a minute.

Wouldn't that be ...

DRAMA???

Nope, impossible, men don't cause drama remember? Only women can do that...just like we all sit around watching soaps all day...not working...thinking up drama to start.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:53 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,816,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Nope, impossible, men don't cause drama remember? Only women can do that...just like we all sit around watching soaps all day...not working...thinking up drama to start.
Quit stirring the pot, GB.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:14 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Quit stirring the pot, GB.

Haha...good one Neemy.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:50 PM

10 posts, read 11,052 times
Is there a difference between nagging and talking about your feelings? Reading between the lines, it seems your boyfriend is bothered by nagging, rather than hearing you tell him how you feel. Often the difference between the two gets lost.

Last edited by benaidoo; 12-01-2010 at 02:04 PM..

Old 01-05-2011, 05:26 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,122,326 times
To an extent, some women create drama because instead of letting it go, they have the need to keep it going. Most men don't like to argue so if we (some men) can avoid drama, that's what we'll try to do. I suppose most couples think that "fighting is healthy"

Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Says the guy who resurrected a two-month-dead thread ...

Old 01-05-2011, 06:12 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,770 times
drama seems to be a catchall man-phrase for "stuff that comes out of her mouth when she uses the word 'feelings'". its the word that is easy to reach for when a guy feels outgunned. when he doesn't want to talk about something and she does. when she says something in a tone that screams "PMS". doesn't really seem to have as much to do with what she is saying than HOW she is saying it and HOW OFTEN.

its also a term used widely by the hard-of-thinking when they don't want to deal with someone's strong emotions. "drama" is a great word to denigrate someone's feelings.

it can also imply a situation in which all solutions, all advice, and all common sense has been ignored and the play just repeats itself. it implies a stiffness, an inability to change the game, an unwillingness to end the "drama" because something about it is satisfying to at least one of the actors or else it would not go on. and like any old show with some actor hanging on to a bad part in some off-off-off-broadway production, there is probably alot of fear in ending the whole show. but the audience can't be expected to keep applauding or weeping at the same old thing.

could be either one of these scenarios or both. personally from your many posts it is clear that your boyfriend is a douchetackle. so why are you keeping up the show?

Old 01-06-2011, 12:33 AM

54 posts, read 69,543 times
Yes. I believe that statistically speaking, it’s usually the girl that starts the drama for a few basic reasons.

Women are generally more sensitive emotionally. Therefore they are more prone to having their feelings hurt. Therefore more likely to bring up said feelings. Normally there’s nothing wrong with a human being talking about their feelings. If a woman told a man: “I need to talk to you about what I’m feeling – I feel good.” That’s not drama. If she says: “– You did (some hurtful/stupid/vile thing) and that made me feel bad.” That’s not drama either. That’s just letting someone know they have hurt you and is a healthy part of a relationship. BUT when she says “– You did (some miniscule thing he probably wasn’t even consciously thinking about and is obviously going to start an argument) and that made me feel bad.” That’s drama.

In a relationship men are generally less sensitive and easier to satisfy than women. Therefore they have less to complain about. Less ‘having their feelings hurt’ and less complaining invariably leads to less drama. What I’m saying is males are a bit more easygoing and don’t obsess about half the things females do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggy View Post
Yes, I would agree, women are the ones that usually create all the drama. Though, men can play at that game too.

As ruggy and dozens of folks here have already stated. Women are definitely NOT always the culprits but statistically speaking they usually are. Afterall the expression clearly has a female connotation. It’s called Drama-queen. Even when men exhibit this behavior they are still called Drama-queens. Personally in my relationships arguments don’t start until I do or say something she doesn’t like LOL. As for me It takes a lot to get me truly annoyed. I once had a female bisexual friend, who has had relationships with both genders tell me men usually came with less drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Small mind, small world.

Men and women are not mentally and physiologically the same. Just because a person makes an observation about one gender and forms an opinion. Doesn’t mean he has a small mind. It doesn’t mean they are hateful or sexist. Refusing to debate these things and blindly branding males and females totally equal in every way is truly small-minded.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:21 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,312,552 times
By labeling everything that they don't want to talk about as "drama", the boys are shirk their relationship duties. There is nothing drama about wanting to talk about feelings. The problem with drama that I have is when people drag out the same issue over a long span of time and do not come to any conclusions or changes.

If men want more sex and complain about it, women should tell them to stop being so dramatic.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:31 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,122,326 times
Quote:
By labeling everything that they don't want to talk about as "drama", the boys are shirk their relationship duties. There is nothing drama about wanting to talk about feelings.
If you continue to press the issue when it's painfully obvious your mate doesn't want to talk about it, that's considered drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships