Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 08:10 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
Awww, don't get all butthurt and emotional on me.
Come on, the desire to physically hurt her male friends? I can understand if they come onto her, but simply for being her friend? Suspicion and jealousy don't get you anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 08:13 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,624,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Come on, the desire to physically hurt her male friends?
what? i'm in touch with my feelings.

Quote:
I can understand if they come onto her, but simply for being her friend? Suspicion and jealousy don't get you anywhere.
Where am I supposed to be trying to get? How I feel is not a choice; what I do, is.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:

Where am I supposed to be trying to get? How I feel is not a choice; what I do, is.

Well, it is obviously something you should be working on instead of making excuses... or find a REALLY ugly girl, then you won't have to worry.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Well, it is obviously something you should be working on
Yeah, making you happy is a real priority of mine.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:21 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:

It just seems men who feel that strongly are the possessive, jealous types...

Old 01-18-2012, 08:25 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Quote:

Some women like those. Not saying that's my preference, but there are women that think that if he is not showing jealousy, then he doesn't care.

Old 01-18-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I think of it as my inner caveman.

Last edited by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus; 01-18-2012 at 08:40 AM..

Old 01-18-2012, 08:46 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Well, it is obviously something you should be working on instead of making excuses...
Quote:
Yeah, making you happy is a real priority of mine.
I don't believe burgler said anything about making them happy. What they said was you should be working on this jealousy thing, and it's the truth

Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
I don't believe burgler said anything about making them happy. What they said was you should be working on this jealousy thing, and it's the truth
ok; why?

i haven't heard any compelling reasons, just a bunch of finger-wagging, and platitudes that seem to have some sort of implied metrosexual / Oprah ethic behind them.

i come from the school of thought that says you should acknowledge your emotions, not wish them away, and that's exactly what I do. I don't respect men who feminize themselves out of shame.

Last edited by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus; 01-18-2012 at 09:02 AM..

Old 01-18-2012, 09:19 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,392,191 times
Quote:
ok; why?

i come from the school of thought that says you should acknowledge your emotions, not wish them away, and that's exactly what I do. I don't respect men who feminize themselves out of shame.
Acknowledging your emotions and normalizing them are two different things. And you seem to think there is no happy medium between harboring violent desires and being a pushover.

Quote:
The desire to physically injure her male friends (but not actually show it) means you are a normal, functioning, healthy male. The game is over when you allow the rest of the world to beat you into submission, to put you into a little box so you will behave and conform to what is good for them.
Realizing that these violent desires are unhealthy (not to mention risky) is the idea. Coming to agree with society on this matter does not equal letting the world "beat you into submission". It just means you've grown up. In truth, you are beating YOURSELF by NOT coming to this realization because hostility is a known predictor of heart disease and similar health problems. Even if you don't hurt someone else, you are hurting yourself.

Quote:
It goes without saying, just don't give in to the impulse.
The problem is, this is much like walking around with a loaded gun. Normally, you can keep yourself from using it. But if you are suddenly or extremely angered and stressed out, you may act without thinking at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships