Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,888 times

Advertisements

Yep my fiance is my "true love" and I knew it when I first laid eyes on him and he's said the same about me. Although we didn't get together at that time because the timing wasn't right for either of us, the table kept turning and we found our way back to each other under the right circumstances and we are very happy. I think everyone has the potential to have a "true love" but we all have free will also and that can ultimately get in the way of whether or not you and your true love will stay the course and go the distance. A lot of people really do stand in the way of their own happiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 09:51 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
It's certainly possible to love more than one person in your lifetime, and it's likely that you'll be a better match for one of them than the other(s). I don't believe there's an order in which that'll happen. Your first love might be the love of your life, or it might be the second, third or fourth time you fall in love and can say "this is the one above all the others."

I'm not sure there is a truly "perfect" mate for any of us. Yeah, it can feel that way at times, but perfection is pretty rare. If you look at any relationship closely and objectively you'll find something that's not perfect -- something one or the other would change if they could.

I've been "in love" four times in my life -- three wives and one who got away. While all those loves were very special, one was more special than the others -- more of a "perfect love to last a lifetime". (Unfortunately hers was a short lifetime.) If we'd never met and I had only been in love three times, one of those would still be "the one main love" wouldn't it?

I'm 65, male, married.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:01 AM

97 posts, read 161,315 times
No, because you could live anywhere in the world and thinks happen because people have free will, so you could fall in love with anyone.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:08 AM

697 posts, read 1,281,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I don't know if there has been a thread like this recently but I was wondering what other peoples thoughts are on this.

Do you believe in one's life there is one main love, one "soul mate" that you can lose and should be held on to. You may love again after this person, but never as strongly? Someone you perhaps will always miss from time to time?

I know someone who was told by a family member who was on their death bed that he had his one true love, and lost her, and it was not his life long wife. The man on the death bed told my friend that in life you have one main love, so very true and can fall in love again after them, havn't found that to be true, yet but it will never be as great. He believes this

Or do you believe that in life one can have many great people, that are perfect for you. You can have someone you consider to be the love of your life and then lose them and then one day meet someone who you love even more?

This is more like what I believe.

I'm not sure which one I really do believe tho, but I'm interested to see how other people feel about this. Please also include your relationship status and if you are male or female.

i beleive there is only 1 true love in life-- lord i wish someone would prove me wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships