Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 04:32 PM

1,215 posts, read 2,583,499 times

Advertisements

Okay, going to try to keep this PG-13. My wife gets real uncomfortable talking about sex, so we pretty much don't. It seems that she likes external stimulation more so than internal.

Our sex life pretty much has no variety. The same every time. At least it's not the long dry spell that we had a while back. There isn't a lot of passion involved. She could probably do without sex totally.

I've read more descriptive on here, so this should be fine. Once we are past the foreplay and things move along, she lays flat on her stomach. I lay on top and stimulate her without insertion (trying to keep it pg-13), but pretty much the same motions as if it were internal. She says she gets off this way, but who knows. It works for me, but not the best.

Can any women even relate or understand this?

PS - - I am going to ask that if you want to respond or DM me, please only helpful comments and no sarcasm. I already know that it is a little out of the ordinary, but........

Old 01-28-2011, 04:43 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,316 times
Hmmm... can't really relate to this, myself. Does she have a medical condition that makes penetration difficult or impossible?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:44 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFOR View Post
Okay, going to try to keep this PG-13. My wife gets real uncomfortable talking about sex, so we pretty much don't. It seems that she likes external stimulation more so than internal.

Our sex life pretty much has no variety. The same every time. At least it's not the long dry spell that we had a while back. There isn't a lot of passion involved. She could probably do without sex totally.

I've read more descriptive on here, so this should be fine. Once we are past the foreplay and things move along, she lays flat on her stomach. I lay on top and stimulate her without insertion (trying to keep it pg-13), but pretty much the same motions as if it were internal. She says she gets off this way, but who knows. It works for me, but not the best.

PS - - I am going to ask that if you want to respond or DM me, please only helpful comments and no sarcasm. I already know that it is a little out of the ordinary, but........

Sure it's normal. If she likes it, it's normal.

I get the feeling there are issues here that have not been discovered. I find the fact that she prefers to lay on her stomach interesting. Rather than increasing stimulation (which could be done in virtually any position), it seems that she is avoiding emotional contact with you (looking in your eyes, watching your face), during the process. This is troubling. Perhaps this is why you have asked this, perhaps it is troubling to you as well.

I am curious as to why she wants to keep the act "impersonal" which is just the opposite of what most women want. I get the feeling that opening up emotionally is difficult for her. Perhaps she was badly hurt by someone in the past and feels to vulnerable to open up emotionally during sex.

Communication is in order, I would say.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-28-2011, 04:45 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Everybody has a unique sexual response, likes and dislikes. I don't see anything wrong with it per se.

But I would suggest talking it over with her, if you want penetration and not rubbing.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Hmmm... can't really relate to this, myself. Does she have a medical condition that makes penetration difficult or impossible?

I don't think so. If she does, she has never told me. Unfortunately, like mentioned, it doesn't get talked about. It's almost like she is embarrassed to talk about anything sexual.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:46 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:

You might look into something called "frottage".

"Perverted" is something which you, personally, would not do. If you have no problems with it, you would not find it perverse. Hopefully, you find a partner that agrees with your view on that particular thing.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:49 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,814,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Sure it's normal. If she likes it, it's normal.

I get the feeling there are issues here that have not been discovered. I find the fact that she prefers to lay on her stomach interesting. Rather than increasing stimulation (which could be done in virtually any position), it seems that she is avoiding emotional contact with you (looking in your eyes, watching your face), during the process. This is troubling. Perhaps this is why you have asked this, perhaps it is troubling to you as well.

I am curious as to why she wants to keep the act "impersonal" which is just the opposite of what most women want. I get the feeling that opening up emotionally is difficult for her. Perhaps she was badly hurt by someone in the past and feels to vulnerable to open up emotionally during sex.

Communication is in order, I would say.

20yrsinBranson
Quote:
I don't think so. If she does, she has never told me. Unfortunately, like mentioned, it doesn't get talked about. It's almost like she is embarrassed to talk about anything sexual.
I think 20yearsinBranson's post might be worth looking into. I hadn't even thought of it that way.

Any idea why she is so embarrassed to talk about sex? Maybe she has a troubled history?

Or it could just be preference, as said before. The only one who can give you an answer is your wife.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:51 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:

Some men don't realize that the majority of women acheive orgasm easier with external stimulation rather than internal, so I do think she is telling you the truth.

And though this is definitely an improvement over where you said you were before, I'm sure you'd prefer some internal action. Can you get her to understand that?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:57 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if there were something early on in her life that transpired, but that us ONLY a possible gut feeling. Going to be hard to get her to drop that wall.

LM, you'll probably remember that I just started seeing a counselor to help me be able to communicate better with her. Maybe someday she'll understand where I come from.

(heading out for the night, will check back in tomorrow)

Old 01-28-2011, 05:34 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,620,303 times
I wouldn't call external labial stimulation "abnormal" - it's all part of the canvas of sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships