Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 07:16 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,726,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Oh, like he's suppose to get advice from someone who believes that women like being ignored..or from some dude with the brain matter of water, color, and sugar hence the "koolaide" in his username.

There is someone whose kind of retarded like you..

Bizarro! He always talks in opposites, you can be the "Bizarro of CD"!
Your right girls don't like being ignored, but it's the things they don't like that set them off. Just giving her your undivided attention gives her the validation she seeks, but if you don't make her earn it, she will not respect you and will see you as some needy guy chasing her, those guys don't get laid.

Treat 'em like dirt, and they'll stick to you like mud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 07:24 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Your right girls don't like being ignored, but it's the things they don't like that set them off. Just giving her your undivided attention gives her the validation she seeks, but if you don't make her earn it, she will not respect you and will see you as some needy guy chasing her, those guys don't get laid.

The bolded part is about all that you got right here. You want to be an alpha male, but you have a twisted understanding of what that entails. What you're talking about (canceling dates, reading texts on a date) will work, but it's weak game. True alpha males can play the game of advance and retreat without doing that, but it requires a bit of game to do it.

You'll learn eventually, young jedi.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post

Amazing how you've keep getting mixed up between "women" and "girls." Tsk,tsk,tsk..

Old 02-11-2011, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Amazing how you've keep getting mixed up between "women" and "girls." Tsk,tsk,tsk..
Yeah that makes alot of sense? You must have graduated from a prestigious Ivy league college.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:13 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
Yeah I don't have a car cos they're expensive, the insurance is expensive and my city has pretty good (when when works) public transportation.

Anyway, I asked her out for coffee but she couldn't cos she has to write a paper. I don't think it would a excuse, cos we still talked for a bit till we parted ways. I'll try and get her for lunch on Monday.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:15 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,374,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Ok so long one short, there's this girl in my math class who I've been talking to a lot. We get along well, she always sits next to me in lecture, we laugh a lot and just jive well. Tomorrow I'm gonna invite her to get coffee with me after class (I would've done so earlier in the week, but she's always got a class after math except on Fridays). Assuming it all works out well... what do I do after that? If it matters, she lives near campus while I commute which might make it hard to meet up outside of typical class hours :| so yeah, what should I do?

I actually feel something funny (not like that ) just thinking about this... I might be wrong, but I think she might like me, and I definitely like her. I haven't truly felt like this in a long long time, in fact it feels downright weird compared to my usually pessimistic, misanthropic self.
Just try to get to know her better casually. Ask her out for a light lunch and a stroll.. although is cold.
best of luck in the crazy dating world.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:17 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Yeah I don't have a car cos they're expensive, the insurance is expensive and my city has pretty good (when when works) public transportation.

Anyway, I asked her out for coffee but she couldn't cos she has to write a paper. I don't think it would a excuse, cos we still talked for a bit till we parted ways. I'll try and get her for lunch on Monday.
I think you're on the right track. Check out the school's newspaper or website for upcoming activities--I know the university I work for always has free movies and activity listings.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:

She blew it off.

Next step. move on to another one(preferrably another girl she knows). but still be friendly with the first one.

The key is to keep a dialouge with an abundance of girls, don't get too hung up on just one.

Hahaha. donie and them gave you some real good advice. smh.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:47 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,400,245 times
Quote:

Did she suggest an alternate date then?

Honestly, if I had other plans already in place and I was really interested in the guy, I would have suggested an alternate date.

"I can't tomorrow but how about lunch on Monday?" or some such thing.

If I was interested only in maintaining friendly terms, I would have invented an excuse and then chatted briefly before parting ways to avoid awkwardness.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:35 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Anyway, I asked her out for coffee but she couldn't cos she has to write a paper. I don't think it would a excuse, cos we still talked for a bit till we parted ways.
Did she suggest or hint at doing it another time?

Edit: HokieFan beat me to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships