Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 01:51 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Like Sierra said, AIN'T no guy going to pass on deal like this unless the girl is hideous, and even then he might go for it once or twice.

AND you say he is dating other women?

He can't be using you, you're the one offering. Does he view this as sex only? Probably. Doesn't mean he doesn't like you as a person, just that you are for sex. He doesn't take you anywhere? Introduce you as a GF right? Sex.

I'm thinking that if the apartment came with a self replenishing pantry and fridge, he would never leave the house. Oh, maybe just to date the other women.
Sierra and Mikala: lol OK then, meet your first guy, who would pass on all physically-intimate activity, until specifically *after* a marriage! I have been fully-celibate, for over 30 years already...and that's not gonna change one bit, unless I am married first

To OP: I sincerely and genuinely hope that he does love, and have real feelings, for you

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 02-14-2011 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Corrected typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 01:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Sierra and Mikala: lol OK then, meet your first first guy, who would pass on all physically-intimate activity, until specifically *after* a marriage! I have been fully-celibate, for over 30 years already...and that's not gonna change one bit, unless I am married first
I did specify - a "red-blooded" guy!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:03 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,762,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady828 View Post
ok well I spoke to him, turns out I was wrong! he said that he likes me too but thought I didn't like him and didn't want to get rejected :s so anyway we've decided to start dating but take it slow. thanks for the help everyone
That's wonderful and amazing lady828; so glad to hear you guys ended up happy together!!

ETA: so you guys became a couple on Valentine's Day, of all days? (lol, judging from the date stamp of your last post??)

That's so beautiful, and very romantic!! Good luck and best wishes, to you both!

Old 02-14-2011, 02:55 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Yes, Yay!

Old 02-14-2011, 09:23 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Sierra and Mikala: lol OK then, meet your first guy, who would pass on all physically-intimate activity, until specifically *after* a marriage! I have been fully-celibate, for over 30 years already...and that's not gonna change one bit, unless I am married first

To OP: I sincerely and genuinely hope that he does love, and have real feelings, for you
I concede I should have qualified my statement. There ARE guys that would, but really, they ARE few and far between.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:12 PM

59 posts, read 104,545 times
Sounds to me like he's just not that into you as a girlfriend. You're falling for him and you need to be told this.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:43 PM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,142 times
Yay!! Another happy ending...

Old 09-08-2011, 08:16 AM

14 posts, read 22,156 times
hi everyone, i just thought i would give you all an update, were still together!! going strong and we have told eachother we love eachother too so things are progressing. i just wanted to say thank you to everyone that was helpful and supported me. for those of you that just used it as an excuse to abuse me, i was 20years old and made a mistake, most of you are fully grown adults and should have knows better than to be so mean, you wouldnt like it if it was one of your children and you might say my child wouldnt do that, ect but you never know.

anyway im really happy, everything is great and thank you to everyone

x

Old 09-08-2011, 09:06 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,976,948 times
This is just my personal style, but I don't like all the answers to this woman which seem to indicate that men are to be tricked or manipulated into forming lasting relationships. As another poster said, men are not fish.

I have pretty much been honest and direct all my life, including in my sexual relationships. Men can and do respect this in a woman.

When I was just a bit older than the poster, late twenties perhaps early thirties, I had a full time job and was putting myself through school nights. I have what I consider a normal sex drive and entered into a FWB relationship with a guy from an old job I had had. It worked very well for both of us. We were friends for an awfully long time and had even considered marriage.

I have pretty much thought that people should accept a relationship as it is and not pretend it is something it is not. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a young person wanting sex and not feeling that they must marry to get it, just as long as they use protection. Sex should not be a tool to rope a person into a marriage with. The decision whether to marry is much more complex and does not need the additional emotional static.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:08 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
Glad to hear all is going well. And BTW, there's no such thing as using someone for sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships