Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you see yourselfs?
Totally independent from men 18 46.15%
Mostlly independent from men 16 41.03%
A little independent from men 3 7.69%
Mostlly dependent on men 1 2.56%
Totally dependent on men 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:21 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
I can make an electric motor by winding copper wire, nails and some small magnets!
Now everybody else in this thread can make one too. Although, a battery is needed for the below to work. I'm not sure about nails.

Chapter 2: Electromagnetism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 08:24 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Yep, but it won't have enough power to do much.
My dh likes to give me a hard time about survival skills. He loves to watch survivor man. Yea, he's a survivor man. Although, he gets upset if I forget to buy toilet paper with aloe.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:31 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
Is this for real? Please! No man pays my bills, no man ever gave me money, I left a man with a house we owned, I left with nothing just to get away from the control. I don't want a man, or need a man. Not bitter, just don't care. Perfectly independent and alone.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:36 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Now everybody else in this thread can make one too. Although, a battery is needed for the below to work. I'm not sure about nails.

Chapter 2: Electromagnetism
Everything must be improvised. You'd be supprized at what you can make out of a parking brake cable from an overturned vehicle. Did you know you can make a blowgun out of a piece of copper pipe or rigid conduit? How about throwing stars out of Stanley utility knife blades? A Bic pen can make at least 20 items, some of which are weapons. You won't be needing me!

Old 02-20-2011, 08:38 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,315,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
Everything must be improvised. You'd be supprized at what you can make out of a parking brake cable from an overturned vehicle. Did you know you can make a blowgun out of a piece of copper pipe or rigid conduit? How about throwing stars out of Stanley utility knife blades? A Bic pen can make at least 20 items, some of which are weapons. You won't be needing me!

No, we won't need you, and your bag of tricks. It is cool that you can make stuff. I made an artificial ear that measured sound waves, but hey I am sure you could do that too.

Old 02-20-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
No, we won't need you, and your bag of tricks. It is cool that you can make stuff. I made an artificial ear that measured sound waves, but hey I am sure you could do that too.
You won't! Just make sure you can lift 375#

Old 02-20-2011, 10:10 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
As I said earlier... I don't blame anyone for anything. I just notices an ilogical pattern and I am now investigating it.
If I would have notices this pattern in the males on this forum... I would be questioning them now(instead of the gals). To me the concept of women and men being independent from one another is idiotic and ilogical.
You'll have to explain what 'ilogical' pattern you have noticed.

As a society, we are all bound together.
Is there any man in my life who supports me financially or emotionally?
No.
Do I have good relationships with many people who just happen to be male (including my brother and father)?
Yes.
I have no direct 'dependence' on anyone, man or woman. Period.

Old 02-20-2011, 10:29 PM

324 posts, read 573,104 times
Men stink. Girls rock.

Old 02-21-2011, 12:05 AM

Women don't need a man (including me). They will miss out on a lot of fun though!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:28 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You'll have to explain what 'ilogical' pattern you have noticed.

As a society, we are all bound together.
Is there any man in my life who supports me financially or emotionally?
No.
Do I have good relationships with many people who just happen to be male (including my brother and father)?
Yes.
I have no direct 'dependence' on anyone, man or woman. Period.
Exactly. Most people who consider themselves independent don't do their own dental work or cut their own hair or generate their own power. Asking for assistance and sharing work doesn't mean that people who do so are helpless and dependent. Most people in relationships, should something happen to their spouse, would be able to care for themselves and their families and maintain their homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships