Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you see yourselfs?
Totally independent from men 18 46.15%
Mostlly independent from men 16 41.03%
A little independent from men 3 7.69%
Mostlly dependent on men 1 2.56%
Totally dependent on men 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 04:54 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,765,643 times

Advertisements

OP : It's * yourselves * and not : * yourselfs *

And it's * mostly * not * mostlly *

Not beating you up, just letting you know for next time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 04:57 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,313,730 times
Men are just not needed... they exist only for pleasure and convenience. Theoretically I could replace man with a couple of sex toys and cloning technology. Get used to your new status of being completely irrelevant to life on earth!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 06:26 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,912,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Men are just not needed... they exist only for pleasure and convenience. Theoretically I could replace man with a couple of sex toys and cloning technology. Get used to your new status of being completely irrelevant to life on earth!!!
There is a good quote by writer and feminist Rebecca West:

"There is, of course, no reason for the existence of the male sex except that sometimes one needs help with moving the piano."

Old 02-18-2011, 06:29 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,912,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoowhoo View Post
so you want to find one. so you need a man. so you're emotionally dependent on them
No. If I were to one day happen to be married and want to have a baby, I would prefer a man who could financially support us until I'm ready to go back to work

Old 02-18-2011, 07:37 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,019,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Theoretically I could replace man with a couple of sex toys and cloning technology.
Couldn't both sexes do that anyways "in theory"?

Last edited by Stumbler.; 02-18-2011 at 08:02 PM..

Old 02-18-2011, 08:01 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,720,359 times
The people in power have messed up heterosexual relationships. In a healthy heterosexual union, a woman surrenders her power for love. A man wants power so that he can love his woman.

Feminism, which is social engineering grounded in Communism has brainwashed western women.

It has told women to neglect men and family so they can pursue careers, thus leaving countless women feeling unloved.

It has also taught women to "challenge" their husbands and boyfriends. In relationships, men don't want to love women who try to be the boss in relationships or challenge the male role, which is power.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:14 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
I'm dependent on my husband.
Sure, I could go out, earn a living, mow the yard, fix the cars, handle household repairs...etc but I don't have to!

Likewise, he is dependent on me.
He could pack his lunch, make his coffee, cook meals, do his laundry, clean this house, take care of the kids, do the shopping...etc. but he doesn't have to.

We'd be fools to try and do it all ourselves if we have eachother to depend on. If something happened to him I'd survive just fine. If something happened to me he'd survive just fine as well.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,191,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I'm dependent on my husband.
Sure, I could go out, earn a living, mow the yard, fix the cars, handle household repairs...etc but I don't have to!

Likewise, he is dependent on me.
He could pack his lunch, make his coffee, cook meals, do his laundry, clean this house, take care of the kids, do the shopping...etc. but he doesn't have to.

We'd be fools to try and do it all ourselves if we have eachother to depend on. If something happened to him I'd survive just fine. If something happened to me he'd survive just fine as well.
That's my idea of a marriage as well. Otherwise I don't see why I should bother.

Old 02-18-2011, 08:39 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,192,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_analist View Post
My opinion is neither males or females are independent of each other. But as I see most women like to think of themselfs as "independent" (such bull ****)
Where is the "interdependence" option?

I wanted to stay home with my daughter and there was no way to do this if my husband did not make enough money to pay the bills. Likewise, my husband desires to provide for us financially and there is no way to do this if his wife needed a big house in the right neighborhood with the right car and dog.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:02 AM

499 posts, read 892,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
No. If I were to one day happen to be married and want to have a baby, I would prefer a man who could financially support us until I'm ready to go back to work
okay financially dependent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships