Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you see yourselfs?
Totally independent from men 18 46.15%
Mostlly independent from men 16 41.03%
A little independent from men 3 7.69%
Mostlly dependent on men 1 2.56%
Totally dependent on men 1 2.56%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:08 AM

19,725 posts, read 20,264,355 times

Advertisements

I'm not into sex toys, I needs the c*ck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 11:13 AM

3,409 posts, read 4,646,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
But, I don't hold it in...I unwind and let it go, I walk alot, make plans, watch movies....those things take me away...b/c what will be will be, regardless of how we troubleshoot the problem...and with whom we discuss it with....you see...and I don't exactly know how to explain this, but, when I have a problem...I try not to react to it...I try to let it go, and not think about it, and remind myself, that no matter what happens, it's going to happen anyway, regardless of how I analyze it....I suppose you could call it...allowance...? But I don't need to discuss problems I have with people....some people have told me, when you have problems, thats when you need people the most...no, I don't...b/c actually I don't want to discuss it and it doesn't build up....it works itself out, no matter how I react to it, right?

does that make any sense....I'm sorry, just can't explain it any other way?
It makes sense, however, I still say there are men out there who are holding on by the last thread and the presence of a loving, caring woman can turn it COMPLETELY around. I know guys who have to eat peanut butter sandwiches and grill cheese because that's all they can make. Who's gonna snuggle you in the night? Mama ALWAYS makes it BETTER! Stop lying guys!!

Old 02-18-2011, 11:15 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,573,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I'm not into sex toys, I needs the c*ck.
LOL

same here.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:18 AM

Well, I would say the same about Rosie and her five sisters! lmao

Old 02-18-2011, 11:21 AM

28,928 posts, read 30,291,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John View Post
It makes sense, however, I still say there are men out there who are holding on by the last thread and the presence of a loving, caring woman can turn it COMPLETELY around. I know guys who have to eat peanut butter sandwiches and grill cheese because that's all they can make. Who's gonna snuggle you in the night? Mama ALWAYS makes it BETTER! Stop lying guys!!
wull anyone can learn to cook? That's not a problem, that is being lazy...and if that is the only reason besides sex for being with someone, then, to me, those are all the wrong reasons....but I get what your saying when you said, Mama always makes it better, however, she is not YOUR mama, she is your companion

I'm wondering, and I'm not saying this to be a contradictive, but how many of you men, actually take the time to find out what the needs are of your wives...do you create new and exciting experiences, do you buy her a card, sometimes, just to say I love you? Do you call up a resturant, and make reservations for dinner, instead of always expecting her to do it....do you help her with housework, etc? Or is that her job? I'm just asking?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:27 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Ah, ok, I just thought, there was JustJulia that said she could defend herself and not rely on a man to do so.
Well, if I were in danger, I'd be glad to have him there to help me, rather than run to protect himself or just look at me like, "You're on your own!" If the guy is just harassing me, I can probably take care of that myself. I don't need to run to my husband for protection from annoying men, nor am I the kind of woman who provokes fights and then expects my man to leap into it. Some women do that and I can't stand that.

If the handsy jerk followed me out to the parking lot and I felt like I could be in trouble, I would definitely ask my husband to get involved. But that wasn't the original question.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
wull anyone can learn to cook? That's not a problem, that is being lazy...and if that is the only reason besides sex for being with someone, then, to me, those are all the wrong reasons....but I get what your saying when you said, Mama always makes it better, however, she is not YOUR mama, she is your companion

I'm wondering, and I'm not saying this to be a contradictive, but how many of you men, actually take the time to find out what the needs are of your wives...do you create new and exciting experiences, do you buy her a card, sometimes, just to say I love you? Do you call up a resturant, and make reservations for dinner, instead of always expecting her to do it....do you help her with housework, etc? Or is that her job? I'm just asking?
I know how to cook "guy" stuff just fine. Like using the Weber grill for steaks, BBQ chicken, pork chops etc. I know how to make homemade pizza and a lot of other stuff. I can add a hand and offer help but most of the time THEY are much better at it. The same goes for women. Sure she can screw in a light bulb or perhaps change her own oil, but can she hone cylinder walls, gap piston rings, get into the electrical service panel and replace or add a breaker? Admitting it is the first step to recovery.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:26 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,282,735 times
Put a group of 5 women out in the wilderness with no tools, phones, electricity, etc. Put a group of 5 men out in the wilderness with no tools, phones, electricity, etc. Who has a higher possibility of surviving? A gender needing the other gender doesn’t make them less.

Women do seem to need men. Sure, woman can take care of their rent/mortgage, bills, etc. or change a light bulb but who do they rely on when it comes to, say, moving to their new house? Men. Their car broke down, men. And the list goes on. I repeat, this doesn’t make women lesser or men superior.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,640,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Put a group of 5 women out in the wilderness with no tools, phones, electricity, etc. Put a group of 5 men out in the wilderness with no tools, phones, electricity, etc. Who has a higher possibility of surviving? A gender needing the other gender doesn’t make them less.

Women do seem to need men. Sure, woman can take care of their rent/mortgage, bills, etc. or change a light bulb but who do they rely on when it comes to, say, moving to their new house? Men. Their car broke down, men. And the list goes on. I repeat, this doesn’t make women lesser or men superior.
Not necessarily... I know quite a few men who would have zero idea what to do in the wilderness and I've fixed more of my male friends cars/trucks than I would care to count... because they couldn't do it.

Most of the women I hang around do know how to fix their own cars, do hourse repairs, and when I moved I had one man (my ex) and a few women helping me, but did most of the work myself.

Is it nice to have men around? Sure, many of my best friends are guys...do I 'need' them? Not necessarily.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:48 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,282,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Not necessarily... I know quite a few men who would have zero idea what to do in the wilderness and I've fixed more of my male friends cars/trucks than I would care to count... because they couldn't do it.
You (a guy) fixed another guy's car. It's not like a guy is moving out and will go call women for help. No, he will call guys or a service where guys will be sent to help. If women want to have something built in their house, they will call a service that requires men to do that job. Men are needed. I may not have the knowledge to work on my car but if I take my car to the mechanic, I will need a man's help.

Can women try to help? Sure, I don't see why not. I remember when I moved to Japan. My ex was not carrying heavy boxes with me and my buddies but she was labeling them, organizing a spread sheet, carrying lighter boxes to the truck, etc. A man could have done her job but she tried to help and her help was welcomed .

Sure, there are exceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships