Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2011, 03:30 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,213,992 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, got some sucky news to share and this is the 1st time I've said it in public. Looks like my 30+ year marriage is hitting the rocks. We are separating soon and in the process of splitting all the stuff.

Hopefully soon we'll both be able to start healing and starting a new life. No need for a thread asking what to do, I believe we can handle crisis with out the mess (I hope).

Just hope I can have the wisdom to do the right things.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:31 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
True that.

I put a couple of people on "ignore" which I've never really done before. I can't see what they're saying, but based on everyone's response they're saying exactly what they always say. It's nice not to have to see that and get annoyed.
Yeah, being older I have some opinions which I'll state and be done with it. In some cases I'm not sure of what is right or at least what I believe to be right. There have been a few times where I thought "hmmm, never saw it from that angle, good point" and learned something new. I get the feeling that there are a few people here who are learning nothing because they are not listening. I wonder why talk at all if you're going to close the door to new experience? If we disagree, we disagree. Not all people are going to agree on all points and we all bring different views into a conversation. We have had our say, let it go.

Sometimes I wonder if the world has passed me by and being able to respect that people have different opinions and thats ok isnt how it is anymore.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:32 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Hi guys, got some sucky news to share and this is the 1st time I've said it in public. Looks like my 30+ year marriage is hitting the rocks. We are separating soon and in the process of splitting all the stuff.

Hopefully soon we'll both be able to start healing and starting a new life. No need for a thread asking what to do, I believe we can handle crisis with out the mess (I hope).

What?! It's not April Fool's today...

Old 03-10-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What?! It's not April Fool's today...
Nope, real stuff here.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:37 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,013,003 times
Quote:

Very sorry, I have no words. Stay grounded with family and friends. I think they were they only thing that kept me from slipping into despair and the dishonor I might have done to myself or my family in that despair.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Nope, real stuff here.
I don't get it... You've always said how happy you were (what, up to a few days/weeks ago...); you put up so many pictures here not long ago... What in the world could possibly change a 30-year marriage THAT fast?!

Old 03-10-2011, 03:51 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:

RAKIN! No! I'm so sorry.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't get it... You've always said how happy you were (what, up to a few days/weeks ago...); you put up so many pictures here not long ago... What in the world could possibly change a 30-year marriage THAT fast?!
Yeah, we always had one of those marriages where I and everyone around thought it was an example that they do last forever. It's been slowly going south for the last few years and I did not recognize or pay attention to the problems. I take about 70% responsibility on doing a few stupid guy things (not cheating) but a large contributor has been her fighting depression.

I can never say anything bad about the SO, she's one of the kindest, fun & nicest people you could ever meet. I just hope we can stay semi-close friends as we move on.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:06 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,696,091 times
I'm so sorry Rakin

Old 03-10-2011, 04:17 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Rankin that sucks. I am sorry. Been there done that. I don't wish it on anyone. Take it one day at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships