Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:11 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,313,634 times

Advertisements

Maybe some "older" people become "frail" but this is not the case for everyone! .Some "oldies" can "run circles" around their younger counterparts! Don't "write anyone off" just because they happen to be older than you! We're all individuals! Some "oldies" take pride in "staying young" and active and flexible and even "sexy!" ...I can't be "too bad off" even though I'm 62...Shortly after my husband died I got "chased" by a man who was 12 years younger than me. He was cute! And charming! He made me laugh and smile again and he kept telling me that I looked "hot" and sexy! But I just wasn't ready to start dating anyone quite yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 09:16 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,876,057 times
Default perspective depends on the age group you're in ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
We dont, all we know half of your life is gone, and we cant understand that? Im sorry for your lose
I have enjoyed reading this post... from someone who is fast approaching 60... I've had very long relationships.. divorced twice... not bitter.. much wiser I understand the confusion and "hard to understand" when you are younger... I felt the same exact way. I do not look at it as my life is half over or 2/3rds over... Geez.. I love to wake up every morning with "what new experience is in store for me today". It may just be a new book or "political demonstrations " (see Madison Wisconsin posts LOL)...

I enjoy my life now. I seek things that make ME happy. Always NEW adventures and I make sure I keep myself active and in shape to experience these "adventures". "With our thoughts, WE make the world".... by the way... Sex is definitely part of my future... I know what I'm doing, know how to communicate and let someone know what I like... I know eeeeeWWWh!... no just wait... you will be where I'm at right now erspective depnds on the age group you're in... LOL

PS: I'm not dead yet!! LOL

Old 02-27-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
I have enjoyed reading this post... from someone who is fast approaching 60... I've had very long relationships.. divorced twice... not bitter.. much wiser I understand the confusion and "hard to understand" when you are younger... I felt the same exact way. I do not look at it as my life is half over or 2/3rds over... Geez.. I love to wake up every morning with "what new experience is in store for me today". It may just be a new book or "political demonstrations " (see Madison Wisconsin posts LOL)...

I enjoy my life now. I seek things that make ME happy. Always NEW adventures and I make sure I keep myself active and in shape to experience these "adventures". "With our thoughts, WE make the world".... by the way... Sex is definitely part of my future... I know what I'm doing, know how to communicate and let someone know what I like... I know eeeeeWWWh!... no just wait... you will be where I'm at right now erspective depnds on the age group you're in... LOL

PS: I'm not dead yet!! LOL
Right on! Great post!

Old 02-27-2011, 09:29 AM

I didn't view older people as "old grey mares" when I was younger because my parents and grandparents were all "dynamo's" and very active and alert and "limber" and full of energy right up until the very "end!"

Old 02-27-2011, 10:25 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,176 times
I think the confusing part for me is the OP isn't really young herself. If I recall, she's a grandmother so for her to call this woman elderly is kind of weird. I could see if she was in her 20's or maybe 30's but I don't think this OP is. So it is odd to say the least that she would open a thread about a 60 y.o. dating again and calling her elderly.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:20 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Even though I'm not "elderly", the title made me cringe. I HATE when people put labels on others. Elderly, Senior Citizens, etc. when most like yourself are very, very active and aren't elderly or senior in the least.

To me, elderly and senior citizens are for people that are in their 80's certainly not for people in their early 60's.

Your right...lots of people still feel young, not elderyly nor do they feel older, Maybe I should of put young at heart?

Old 02-28-2011, 06:43 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,473,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Your right...lots of people still feel young, not elderyly nor do they feel older, Maybe I should of put young at heart?
Yeah, I agree. That sounds better - young at heart.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:54 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,103,591 times
My husband and I had a conversation last night and we decided that my body is just a house for ME and ME doesn't age, just gets wiser and more knowledgeable. I still feel like a giddy 16 yr old when we are together, still get all mushy and love holding hands. So it's just the house that's growing old - actually it's quite comfortable right now.

Old 02-28-2011, 12:59 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,091,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I think the confusing part for me is the OP isn't really young herself. If I recall, she's a grandmother so for her to call this woman elderly is kind of weird. I could see if she was in her 20's or maybe 30's but I don't think this OP is. So it is odd to say the least that she would open a thread about a 60 y.o. dating again and calling her elderly.

Yes I am a grandmother been one since I was 36..I love it, my grandson just turned 4 on Valentines day..I just turned 40...I assumed someone over 65 almost 70 is elderly...I should put in a more proper title like young at heart..

Old 02-28-2011, 01:23 PM

To be honest I just don't feel all that old even though I'm 62 now...I don't hang-out with people who moan and groan and talk about "being old" all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships