Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2011, 11:46 PM

37,809 posts, read 46,342,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
A functional system? For whom? Neither men nor women. Check the stats, our system has been broken for decades.
It works fine except for the few petty boys that flock to these threads. I don't know of a single person, man or woman, that has any issues with how the "system" is working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
And at this point, I must respectfully disagree with Onihc, who seems to stress that he does not have a problem with the traditional system. I have a big problem with it. Because imo it is sexist, immoral and degrading to men.
Oh good LORD. You poor thing.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:56 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,183,905 times
Personally speaking? No.
Whoever initiates the date should pay for it, this is only fair.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:20 AM

221 posts, read 337,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It works fine except for the few petty boys that flock to these threads. I don't know of a single person, man or woman, that has any issues with how the "system" is working.
Then you are living in a fantasy land. Do i have to show you statistics about divorce, domestic abuse, broken homes, children born out of wedlock.
You think things are fine. I don't know if there's a social psychologist that would agree with you.

Quote:
Oh good LORD. You poor thing.
I am in my early 20's i'm going to guess you're older as you are somebody's mom, but I can imagine someone saying the same thing to a woman talking about equality in the 60's. Your views are antiquated, if you subscribe to a system of submission then that is on you, but please, feel no pity for me. It is you that history will look back upon with a derisive eye.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Then you are living in a fantasy land. Do i have to show you statistics about divorce, domestic abuse, broken homes, children born out of wedlock.
You think things are fine. I don't know if there's a social psychologist that would agree with you.
What the hell does that have to do with picking up the tab?

Quote:
I am in my early 20's i'm going to guess you're older as you are somebody's mom, but I can imagine someone saying the same thing to a woman talking about equality in the 60's. Your views are antiquated, if you subscribe to a system of submission then that is on you, but please, feel no pity for me. It is you that history will look back upon with a derisive eye.
Yup. And when you have as much experience as I do, you'll be singing a different tune. Submission? Not even an issue here.
Such a confused young man you are.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:48 AM

1,030 posts, read 3,427,371 times
Gold digging opportunists - how I see lots of single women.

The man paying made sense when WOMEN DID NOT WORK (therefore making money.)

However, most women work, many have college degrees, as do men, and are therefore capable of picking up their check.

Although I always pay on the first date, I would never expect the person I'm dating to pick up all the checks. I would feel like a prostitute.

The women who want everything paid for better be ready for lots of dishes and dirty diapers, and being told what to do.

I love how women want their cake, and want to eat it too. Another example of this is that it is fine for a woman to hit a man, but if a man hits a woman... whoah.. get the gun.

Makes me sick how much women play guys in today's post-women's lib environment.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:52 AM

221 posts, read 337,950 times
Quote:
What the hell does that have to do with picking up the tab?
The whole conception of western "dating" is antequated, sexist demeaning and resulting in the formation of broken homes and failed relationships.

Modern economics make it so that new edifices must be built in order to maintain social prosperity. This is not 1950s, and we cannot approach the dating world in a vacuum. People are waking up to the hypocrisy and double standards inherent in the system. The world is moving past you and your myopia is making it impossible for you to see it.

Alas, if only age and wisdom were synonomous. We can definitely see who has which by the tone of our posts.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:05 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,837,257 times
Quote:
A functional system? For whom? Neither men nor women. Check the stats, our system has been broken for decades.
It functions just fine. My 14-year-old daughter is going to a dance tonight. She asked the boy, she bought the tickets. This is her first time asking a boy, and she asked me if he should buy his own ticket. I told her no, you asked him so the tickets are on you. She said okay.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
The whole conception of western "dating" is antequated, sexist demeaning and resulting in the formation of broken homes and failed relationships.

Modern economics make it so that new edifices must be built in order to maintain social prosperity. This is not 1950s, and we cannot approach the dating world in a vacuum. People are waking up to the hypocrisy and double standards inherent in the system. The world is moving past you and your myopia is making it impossible for you to see it.

Alas, if only age and wisdom were synonomous. We can definitely see who has which by the tone of our posts.
Tone is meaningless when accompanied by something that is so clearly a whine. This falls into the category of yet one more "poor me" guy bemoaning that he isn't a girl so he wouldn't have to pony up anything in order to get laid. It's really getting to be a rather tired *yawn* message around here - thinking that women have all the men jumping through hoops and barking on command.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:09 PM

44,252 posts, read 64,596,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe84323 View Post

I love how women want their cake, and want to eat it too. Another example of this is that it is fine for a woman to hit a man, but if a man hits a woman... whoah.. get the gun.

Makes me sick how much women play guys in today's post-women's lib environment.
You and people on this thread who think this really need to start hanging out with classier people.

If you lie down with dogs, you'll wake up with fleas.

None of the women I associate with are anything like the people the bitter guys on this forum keep talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships