Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:10 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,476,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Are people really this socially inept?
Yes, believe it or not. I didn't realize until I stumbled on this forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 10:15 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,206 times
A smile is just that, a smile. If you want to know if that smile meant something else then spend some time with that person and things will be a bit more clear.

When I get a smile at the stop light, making line at the grocery store, etc. I smile back or nod with a smile and continue my thing. No big deal.

Some people do take it the wrong way. I was at a stop light and looked around me. Made eye contact with a girl on my side and smiled with a nod but she rolled her eyes up with a big sigh and turned to the other side. It was an obese woman in some old car. Did she think I was hitting on her? some people might even give you a frowny face after you smile at them. Too bad.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:17 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
That helps me out thanks!!!

Sometimes I will make eye contact and I then smile. The lady will then turn away, put her head down and fast paced walk away.

I think this will ease my opinion of myself as not looking like a serial killer or something. Maybe I am just intimidating.

I hope they don't hear that screeching violin playing as if I am going to kill them when they look at me.

WAH WAH WAH WEE WEE WEE!!!

CHEE CHEE CHEE HAH HAH HAH!!!
If a man smiles at me first, then I will smile back. If he's extremely good-looking and he smiles at me, I will sheepishly smile but quickly put my head down and go about my business. It really is intimidating.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:35 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
If a man smiles at me first, then I will smile back. If he's extremely good-looking and he smiles at me, I will sheepishly smile but quickly put my head down and go about my business. It really is intimidating.
I know what you are saying..

I saw a girl I went to school with at a store. I thought I smiled and said hi but my son said I did otherwise...

Apparently, I gave her a dirty look or a puzzled look that he said wasn't nice. I don't know. Didn't mean to.

I have really bad body language I guess.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:48 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
Do women smile at just anyone or only guys they're interested in?

Sometimes girls smile at me when I'm walking pass them but I'm not sure if that's because they like me or they're just nice.

I don't smile at anyone so I'm not sure why they're smiling at me.
There are plenty of ways to determine that they definatly do not want anything, but kinda few to know if they do... and mostly they unfortunatly don't.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:48 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I know what you are saying..

I saw a girl I went to school with at a store. I thought I smiled and said hi but my son said I did otherwise...

Apparently, I gave her a dirty look or a puzzled look that he said wasn't nice. I don't know. Didn't mean to.

I have really bad body language I guess.
Hahaha, that's funny how you said you thought you smiled but gave her a dirty look. I wonder if I ever give out those kind of looks too. I always wonder what kind of vibe I give out from the other perspective, it'd be interesting to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships