Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 06:14 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,668,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmassey83 View Post
OMG thank you!!!
You knew what you were going to do before you even posted here, you just wanted validation! Good luck with that, I hope you're still as grateful a year from now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 06:23 PM

33 posts, read 206,351 times
It's kinda sad that so many of you cannot take my word that this is a PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP and that my husband is just INSECURE. I knew my friend long before I knew my husband and he always confided in me back then, so what's the difference?? Just because I'm married I have to only be friends with other girls. What is this, Saudi Arabia? My husband has met my friend and even had him on his facebook until he childishly decided to delete my friend for no reason.

Now tell me who is in the wrong??! I have never had romantic feelings towards my friend and I actually have virtually no friends at all as it is. I also don't get along too well with other girls.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:25 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,236,094 times
Quote:
OMG thank you!!!
You're not here for anyone's opinion or advice. You just want someone to agree w/ you. You find two that agree it's ok to call your husband an insecure jerk who needs help, and you're happy.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:26 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,811,993 times
Quote:
So because I'm married, I can't have friends?? I already explained that there was never any romance in the friendship even before I knew my husband when I was single. What do I tel my friend? Sorry I can't email you anymore because my husband is an insecure control freak?

As a woman with male friends herself I have to honestly say, you are playing with fire and must not value your marriage much.

There is a right way and a wrong way to have friends of the opposite sex once you are married.

You are going about it all wrong.

Your HUSBAND is your first priority and right now he is hurt. Don't you get that?

If you don't open your eyes and change your little girl attitude you will pass the point of no return and ruin your marriage completely.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:29 PM

Omg so if I click "like" on one of my friends pics on facebook, I'm cheating? Seriously??

Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
As a woman with male friends herself I have to honestly say, you are playing with fire and must not value your marriage much.

There is a right way and a wrong way to have friends of the opposite sex once you are married.

You are going about it all wrong.

Your HUSBAND is your first priority and right now he is hurt. Don't you get that?

If you don't open your eyes and change your little girl attitude you will pass the point of no return and ruin your marriage completely.
I'm not playing with anything. This is just a guy friend I knew long before I knew my husband. Am I really required to give that very casual and mostly email based friendship up, just because my husband is insecure about not being creative and because apparently, people here think that once you get married, you can't talk to other men??

Old 03-07-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Confiding in another man is emotional cheating. Your husband is your confidante, not some guy you knew before you were married.

It's a slippery slope. If you don't stop it, your husband your husband will undoubtedly come to the conclusion that you are cheating. Do you want this guy to ruin your marriage?

Yep.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:33 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,236,094 times
Quote:
It's kinda sad that so many of you cannot take my word that this is a PLATONIC FRIENDSHIP and that my husband is just INSECURE. I knew my friend long before I knew my husband and he always confided in me back then, so what's the difference?? Just because I'm married I have to only be friends with other girls. What is this, Saudi Arabia? My husband has met my friend and even had him on his facebook until he childishly decided to delete my friend for no reason.

Now tell me who is in the wrong??! I have never had romantic feelings towards my friend and I actually have virtually no friends at all as it is. I also don't get along too well with other girls.
What's the difference? You're married now and made a commitment to your husband. He should be the one you confide in.

Does it matter to you who's in the wrong? You could take a poll on who thinks he's right or wrong. You could have 20 agreeing w/ him, but all you need is one person to agree w/ you to feel you're in the right. It's not a matter of insecure if he knows your have other male friends. This friend resurfaced from years ago and took up right where it left off. Some men aren't comfortable w/ their woman confiding personal information to another male. My husbands feelings would come first.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:37 PM

Quote:
I'm not playing with anything. This is just a guy friend I knew long before I knew my husband. Am I really required to give that very casual and mostly email based friendship up, just because my husband is insecure about not being creative and because apparently, people here think that once you get married, you can't talk to other men??
Did I not say I myself as a married woman have male friends???

There is a right way to go about that and a wrong way, and honey you are on the wrong track.

SHAME on you for being so disloyal to your husband as to come here and publically humiliate him this way. Even if he never finds this forum you have shown your true colors and I give this marriage a snowballs chance in hell of surviving.

But I'm guessing you've got one foot out the door already and are only truly seeking to justify your decision to leave.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:43 PM

OMG I didn't confide in my friend..he confided in me and told me that he came close to killing himself after his ex screwed him over and landed him in court. My husband didn't seem to care or want to talk about it and it caused tension. Like I said, this guy is basically a little brother to me. I love my husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships