Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 07:23 PM

43 posts, read 94,126 times

Advertisements

So yeah, I know the facebook problems have been played to death but....
Ladies (and maybe guys I don't know) we do not want to see your ex or piles of your ex's all there laid out for us to see on your facebook friends list. There is no " Oh he's just an old boyfriend from high school". There is no " Well, we dated a little but you know nothing happened and were just friends". Please, save it for a fairy tale cause that's all a bunch of bs.
We don't want to Know, we don't want to see their flipping faces, we don't want to have to tolerate them saying hello on stupid facebook and you know damn well they are sending private message " Hellos" too so quit the whole parade. News flash, unless we married you right out of high school in a white dress we would just assume pretend we did and never be reminded there was anyone else before us. That's how it works. So if you love your guy get your damn ex boyfriends, flings, ex husbands and little secrets you won't own up to off your stupid precious facebook friends list.
Fellas, don't bother thanking me. Someone had to lay it down.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 07:27 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,806,597 times
Block your ex and quite worrying about it. If it is that big a deal.

Otherwise they are welcome to be friends with who ever they please. Don't like it delete em. Life is too short to worry about crap like that.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:28 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
It's exes, not ex's. Something I had to lay down.

Also, some of us are actually friends with our exes. Often it was so long ago that all the feelings have gone and we remain friends because of the shared friends and experiences from that time in our life (high school, etc). Sometimes we acknowledge they are cool people but not 'the one' for us.

Btw, how the heck do you even know which people on there are their exes and who's a friend/coworker?

Old 03-07-2011, 07:34 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,700,146 times
mate it's just ****ing facebook, it's not a big deal. Whether they're facebook friends with their exes or not doesn't erase the history they had so why split hairs over it? the past is the past, all you can do is live with it.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,806,597 times
perhaps some of these mouth breathers should take and pass some sort of test before activating a facebook account.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:36 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,140 times
meh...all guys I date, can rest assured know that all the guys on my friends list are platonic. One guy I went on a couple double dates with him and a friend of mine and his friend back in high school and he's a good platonic friend now and he's engaged anyways. I don't believe in keeping ex's, flings or any other type of guys on there .

Old 03-07-2011, 07:38 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,700,146 times
i'm facebook friends with my ex, we never talk frankly, I'll probably delete her on the next round of list pruning I do

Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 PM

43 posts, read 94,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
perhaps some of these mouth breathers should take and pass some sort of test before activating a facebook account.
That, is freaking funny.
Exes ex's duh. I actually do not have a Facebook account. I did but it just laid there pointlessly so...
Truth, my recently ex girlfriend did have exes on there and that contributed to, but not caused the problems. No man alive wants his woman to remain friends or keeping contact with ex things. It's just a murky thing and I think I'm speaking for most men. Yes it is absolutely just Facebook. Add an ex boy friend or two, three. Now it's an ugly and constant reminder of things we don't enjoy thinking about. What possible reason would anyone have to keep an ex handy like that. I don't get it I'm sorry and honestly I'm a lot surprised at some of the feed back. I don see it as so differently than having an exes contact still in the cell phone. You wouldn't say " It's just a cell phone". No difference at all.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:13 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
Huh...there can always be some kind of reminder.

Everyone comes with a past. Deal with it.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:17 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,414,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ting ting View Post
That, is freaking funny.
Exes ex's duh. I actually do not have a Facebook account. I did but it just laid there pointlessly so...
Truth, my recently ex girlfriend did have exes on there and that contributed to, but not caused the problems. No man alive wants his woman to remain friends or keeping contact with ex things. It's just a murky thing and I think I'm speaking for most men. Yes it is absolutely just Facebook. Add an ex boy friend or two, three. Now it's an ugly and constant reminder of things we don't enjoy thinking about. What possible reason would anyone have to keep an ex handy like that. I don't get it I'm sorry and honestly I'm a lot surprised at some of the feed back. I don see it as so differently than having an exes contact still in the cell phone. You wouldn't say " It's just a cell phone". No difference at all.
my ex's number is only in my phone so I can know not to answer him in some off chance event he were to contact me. If I don't hear from him in a couple years, I'll know its safe to delete him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships