Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:17 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,903,863 times

Advertisements

I am friends with some of those with whom I have a past with. They are all happily married and I get along with their husbands quite well. It made my ex wife itch. Once she was out of the picture they dropped her from facebook like 3rd period french.

Ex wife doesn't have my new phone number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 08:25 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,592,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It's exes, not ex's. Something I had to lay down.

Also, some of us are actually friends with our exes. Often it was so long ago that all the feelings have gone and we remain friends because of the shared friends and experiences from that time in our life (high school, etc). Sometimes we acknowledge they are cool people but not 'the one' for us.

Btw, how the heck do you even know which people on there are their exes and who's a friend/coworker?

I don't know stan. YOU may have genuine feelings as "just friends," but the guy I bet still wants to nail you. UNLESS somehow you're now grossly out of shape and no longer look like your normal hot self of the high school years.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,326,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
YOU may have genuine feelings as "just friends," but the guy I bet still wants to nail you.
You're not the first man telling women that, but some of them like burying their heads like ostriches...

Old 03-07-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Everyone comes with a past. Deal with it.
Not true. And no, I'm NOT going to "deal" with a person that does not meet my standards.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You're not the first man telling women that, but some of them like burying their heads like ostriches...
you don't say

Old 03-08-2011, 05:45 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,236,192 times
I am 'friend's' with a few exes on FB. My husband couldn't care less - he knows none of them were particularly serious and he's secure about my commitment to him.
No way am I going to pretend I don't have a past sexual history. He should be relieved, it's the ones who've never been with anyone else and start to wonder what it would be like that you have to worry about.

I was just in London (alone). My ex asked me if I wanted to get brunch one day. Why? So he could introduce me to his pregnant soon-to-be-wife. I couldn't make it, but would totally have gone if I'd had time. I wish them well - the ex is doing amazing which I always knew he would and I would have been interested to hear about it all.

My advice - don't sweat the small stuff, it's not worth it.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:53 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,243,779 times
I have exes on my FB. I have my boys, dad...and his wife. LOL..My BF doesn't mind, as I've told him everything, and I said EVERYTHING about me, good and bad, so if anything was ever said, he already knows. I have nothing to hide, Im not, nor is my BF insecure, if I wanted to be with an ex, I guess I would, I choose to be where I am. Jealously and insecurities are the biggest reason couples have problems, other than money of course.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:37 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,006,734 times
Default "Little hard to swallow?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ting ting View Post
So yeah, I know the facebook problems have been played to death but....
Ladies (and maybe guys I don't know) we do not want to see your ex or piles of your ex's all there laid out for us to see on your facebook friends list. There is no " Oh he's just an old boyfriend from high school". There is no " Well, we dated a little but you know nothing happened and were just friends". Please, save it for a fairy tale cause that's all a bunch of bs.
We don't want to Know, we don't want to see their flipping faces, we don't want to have to tolerate them saying hello on stupid facebook and you know damn well they are sending private message " Hellos" too so quit the whole parade. News flash, unless we married you right out of high school in a white dress we would just assume pretend we did and never be reminded there was anyone else before us. That's how it works. So if you love your guy get your damn ex boyfriends, flings, ex husbands and little secrets you won't own up to off your stupid precious facebook friends list.
Fellas, don't bother thanking me. Someone had to lay it down.
Is it just me or does this person sound sexually frustrated?

Old 03-08-2011, 08:47 AM

380 posts, read 797,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ting ting View Post
So yeah, I know the facebook problems have been played to death but....
Ladies (and maybe guys I don't know) we do not want to see your ex or piles of your ex's all there laid out for us to see on your facebook friends list. There is no " Oh he's just an old boyfriend from high school". There is no " Well, we dated a little but you know nothing happened and were just friends". Please, save it for a fairy tale cause that's all a bunch of bs.
We don't want to Know, we don't want to see their flipping faces, we don't want to have to tolerate them saying hello on stupid facebook and you know damn well they are sending private message " Hellos" too so quit the whole parade. News flash, unless we married you right out of high school in a white dress we would just assume pretend we did and never be reminded there was anyone else before us. That's how it works. So if you love your guy get your damn ex boyfriends, flings, ex husbands and little secrets you won't own up to off your stupid precious facebook friends list.
Fellas, don't bother thanking me. Someone had to lay it down.
I dont know how old you are (for your own sake I hope you are still in high school) but your post is ridiculously immature.

Everyone does have a past. Im friends with my exes on FB and have multiple (but not recent) posts from them on my wall. I dated a guy for 3 years, there are probably hundreds of posts from him, but just because Im dating someone new does not mean Im going to go back to 2008 and single-handedly delete everyone of those posts.

My current bf and I are not friends on fb (even though we both have one). Hes friends with exes and so am I. Neither of us are insecure or have trust issues so there's no need to over analyze something as irrelevant as FB.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:50 AM

5,988 posts, read 10,502,848 times
Exes on FB? Oh, piffle! LOL I don't use it much, nor does my SO, but if we did, we wouldn't care about "exes" (nods at stan4). Why? Because some of our exes are current friends to us both, people we actually see and with whom we socialize. It's not a problem unless they cross our boundaries, and that has not happened.

OP sounds insecure or immature. And some people's relationships aren't very stable and secure, so perhaps they should focus on the real problem, not on FB as a bogeyman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships