Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:46 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,366,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sookiestackhouse View Post
sorry, but i needed another farmville neighbor to expand!
lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 05:00 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,413,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3divina View Post
I always say, they're your "ex" for a reason...no need to put them among your facebook friends.
My exes are ex because we both realized that we wouldn't work relationship wise but in general most are really good people and the things that attracted me to them in the first place make them really good friends.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:43 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,894,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SookieStackhouse View Post
Sorry, but I needed another Farmville neighbor to expand!
hahahaha. The next person who sends me another farmville request I am send them anthrax.

I am only kidding. I blocked most applications so no one can send me requests.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,089 times
It's all about respect. FB or not, if you have a partner that is sensitive to being exposed to a parade of ex-whatevers, out of respect for that person don't do it. Why would you want to do something that you know makes your partner feel bad ? Is that ex-relationship that important ? What value does it really bring anyway ? If they are an ex, there was a reason why. Why all of the sudden online you can now be friends ? The debate could go on and on. However, it's about respect for your partner and truly putting them first. It's amazing how a social network can create such anti-social issues.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:01 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,208,174 times
All you folks who are "okay" with exes on facebook. What if that ex still had feelings for your SO, and made that known..EVEN THOUGH THEY KNEW YOU WERE IN THE PICTURE? My ex had a ex wife (no kids together) that lived out of state, but still called him on the phone from time to time. She would tell him she still cared for him, and that she could get him back if she wanted to. (they were married like 15 yrs ago) etc. During the first several months my ex and i were dating, she was still calling him. He would tell her to stop, put her on speaker phone when she called, etc...but she kept calling. One night, we are laying there cuddled together on the couch watching TV at 11pm at night..and she calls. He gave the phone to me..and I answered. Of course, she didnt say anything.

Now, i DID tell him to take her off of Facebook. THAT crap is just downright disrespectful, and she didnt deserve to be on any Facebook page or anything else. I mean, really.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:15 PM

27,955 posts, read 39,894,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
All you folks who are "okay" with exes on facebook. What if that ex still had feelings for your SO, and made that known..EVEN THOUGH THEY KNEW YOU WERE IN THE PICTURE? My ex had a ex wife (no kids together) that lived out of state, but still called him on the phone from time to time. She would tell him she still cared for him, and that she could get him back if she wanted to. (they were married like 15 yrs ago) etc. During the first several months my ex and i were dating, she was still calling him. He would tell her to stop, put her on speaker phone when she called, etc...but she kept calling. One night, we are laying there cuddled together on the couch watching TV at 11pm at night..and she calls. He gave the phone to me..and I answered. Of course, she didnt say anything.

Now, i DID tell him to take her off of Facebook. THAT crap is just downright disrespectful, and she didnt deserve to be on any Facebook page or anything else. I mean, really.
Exactly!

Did she ever call after the 11 PM call?

Old 08-11-2011, 02:32 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,229,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ting ting View Post
So yeah, I know the facebook problems have been played to death but....
Ladies (and maybe guys I don't know) we do not want to see your ex or piles of your ex's all there laid out for us to see on your facebook friends list. There is no " Oh he's just an old boyfriend from high school". There is no " Well, we dated a little but you know nothing happened and were just friends".
That's funny. DH and I are both friends with many of his ex's. We are just friends. Is it a security issue?

Different strokes for different folks.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:16 PM

270 posts, read 969,919 times
I agree with the OP (and others that support the position of the OP) that we should not be friends with our ex's on Facebook, or any other social networking sites for that matter. I am not friend with any of my ex's....that's the magic of the breakup.
I ran into one of my ex-boyfriend's at church (he is happily married now with no intentions for me); he sent me and my SO a LinkedIn invite which I declined; I just thought it would not be appropriate. My SO felt bad and accepted his LinkedIn invite. So that is great (sarcasm), my SO and my ex are now LinkedIn.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:26 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,181,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ting ting View Post
So yeah, I know the facebook problems have been played to death but....
Ladies (and maybe guys I don't know) we do not want to see your ex or piles of your ex's all there laid out for us to see on your facebook friends list. There is no " Oh he's just an old boyfriend from high school". There is no " Well, we dated a little but you know nothing happened and were just friends". Please, save it for a fairy tale cause that's all a bunch of bs.
We don't want to Know, we don't want to see their flipping faces, we don't want to have to tolerate them saying hello on stupid facebook and you know damn well they are sending private message " Hellos" too so quit the whole parade. News flash, unless we married you right out of high school in a white dress we would just assume pretend we did and never be reminded there was anyone else before us. That's how it works. So if you love your guy get your damn ex boyfriends, flings, ex husbands and little secrets you won't own up to off your stupid precious facebook friends list.
Fellas, don't bother thanking me. Someone had to lay it down.
I am sorry but you sir are generalizing and treating this as if ALL women do this..and I am sorry to burst your bubble but not all of "us" have this mentality...there are some dirty bishes out there but to not tag us all with the same sentence...please...

First of all..there are some of us women out there that can break up amicably with a man and still have him as a friend...not a hang out but all the time.but ex's from the past that have their own lives as we do..
I know I do..And when I start dating someone new I tell them who they are so they know...
My ex's already understand our relationship and never cross lines and actually are happy that Ifound somebody..
Never have I had an issue as you state..

So my advice to you?
Is to know who you pick to be your SO..
And be a little more secure in who you are..
To me? A guy who has ex's as enemies? Makes me antsy..It makes me think
1. Hard to get along with
2. Hard to please
3. Insecure
4. isw a complete douche bag since there is always 2 sides to a story and some guys need to come with a warning label...especially the controlling ones...this wouldnt be you would it?

Old 08-12-2011, 08:36 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,399,381 times
I have exes and former flames on my FB. So does my husband. We're all adults. Nobody cares.

If your insecurities are that bad, you should probably avoid FB altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships