Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2011, 06:24 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,804,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Asian women has the lowest period.
See, this is why grammar punctuation is important. Your statement sounds like it's referring to Asian women's menstrual cycles rather than what I think you intended, which is that Asian women have a lower divorce rate than any other ethnicity.

I think it's important to consider why foreign women married to American men have a lower divorce rate. Is it because they're happier? Or because they come from a culture that doesn't condone divorce except in extreme circumstances? Or because they need that citizenship and have to hold on until they can find a way out?

Longer marriages aren't always better marriages.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:12 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,871,196 times
Foreign women can be just as dangerous, many read up on the game of divorce and can easily fleece American men. The whole "traditional wife" gets played up hardcore to sucker men into a bad marriage but it depends wholly on the individual.

The least most men ask for is a wife to respect them, and be thankful we were able to provide for you and our/your children. Truth is, there are plenty of American women aren't thankful for their husbands... it's the nasty entitlement attitude, the constant snarky remarks, the belittling.

When he yells back they wonder "Why did he snap at me, I don't get it! MEN SUCK!" and the cycle repeats.

If men did those things she'd throw a crying fit and can easily get him tossed in jail for verbal abuse. She could make any excuse for her rotten behavior and feel little remorse for it. My mom and sister are prime examples of this.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,516,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
If men did those things she'd throw a crying fit and can easily get him tossed in jail for verbal abuse.

That's not a crime.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:11 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,978,551 times
To deny that cultures around the world are different and that people in these cultures have a very different way of thinking and acting is to deny the obvious. I've known black men that grew up in Africa that come from a VERY different environment. One man, a Christian, told me he came from a area where divorce was very rare. I've had friends from India that had arranged marriages. So yes marrying a woman from another country with a very different culture would probably mean that she would behave in a manner more in conformity with her old culture, not this one.

People may not like generalizations, but everyone uses them.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:15 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,599,875 times
Many foreign cultures still raise their girls to be subservient to men, and not consider themselves as equals. Strangely enough, in this country, we raise our girls to consider themselves equal, but we still raise our boys to consider themselves superior. It's not a good long-term strategy.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:14 AM

20,741 posts, read 19,448,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Many foreign cultures still raise their girls to be subservient to men, and not consider themselves as equals. Strangely enough, in this country, we raise our girls to consider themselves equal, but we still raise our boys to consider themselves superior. It's not a good long-term strategy.
Pardon me LookinForMayberry, but I have not the slightest idea what you are talking about.

http://handsonblog.org/wp-content/up...er-200x300.png

I am quite certain that their are whispers of male superiority in certain corridors, but all my life I have continually heard how inherently evil men are, and how they have oppressed women for thousands of years. I have heard it ever since I was born, and hear it every single day. Its nothing but "you go girl" in the US. Then they want to convince me that I have no business looking elsewhere? You kidding me?

Old 10-05-2011, 12:24 PM

461 posts, read 558,394 times
It's simple: in this culture, you argue once with your SO and that means you shouldn't be married because that one argument means you're not compatible.

Marriage is a joke in America.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:56 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,876,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
See, this is why grammar punctuation is important. Your statement sounds like it's referring to Asian women's menstrual cycles rather than what I think you intended, which is that Asian women have a lower divorce rate than any other ethnicity.

I think it's important to consider why foreign women married to American men have a lower divorce rate. Is it because they're happier? Or because they come from a culture that doesn't condone divorce except in extreme circumstances? Or because they need that citizenship and have to hold on until they can find a way out?

Longer marriages aren't always better marriages.
Grammar is not important here. I was going to go back and correct it but it was too late.

Divorce is a Taboo in the Asian Culture. In Pakistan and India, it is very hard to get a divorce. It could take years and years.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:02 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,537,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerby View Post
From USCIS Home Page (http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/repsstudies/mobappa.htm - broken link)

"According to data supplied by the U.S. Census Bureau, there were
2,395,000 marriages in the U.S. in the 12 months ending June, 1997 (and
1,154,000 divorces in the same period). The 4,000 to 6,000 marriages
involving international services represent, then, a tiny portion (.021
percent) of the women who marry U.S. men.

It is interesting to note that, based largely on data provided by the
agencies themselves (along with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas
report cited above), marriages arranged through these services would
appear to have a much lower divorce rate than the nation as a whole,
fully 80 percent of these marriages having lasted over the years for
which reports are available."

The divorce rate for American men who marry American women: 57%
(officially). But since the figures from several states (including
California) are excluded, the true national divorce rate is likely
closer to 65%. The divorce rate in California is over 70%.

The divorce rate for American men who marry foreign women: approximately
20%.

So you can marry an American woman and have a close to two-thirds chance
of getting divorced, or you can marry a foreign woman and have at least
a 75% chance of success.
I think a ton of factors are involved. I think other cultures aren't as quick to turn to divorce as an easy solution.

In some other cultures women are more subordinate to the man so again I think this plays a role in lower divorce rates.

On a negative front I think some american men married to foreign women they may be marriages of convenience so the women may not have money or support to leave a man where as an american women could

Old 10-07-2011, 03:36 AM

6,668 posts, read 12,179,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I really wish people would stop with all this whininess about 'boo-hoo-hoo...American women are so mean! I'm gonna get me a nice passive foreign woman who refills my Cheerios when they get soggy!'

I've got a theory---like to hear it? Here it is...

All this American vs foreign born women boola-boola is the result of SOME of these guys (yeah I said SOME...the majority probably ain't like this) finding out that American women aren't taking any of their post-adolescent crapola, domestic violence, and 'me tarzan you Jane stay home and make babies and cook for Tarzan' BS, and are telling them to make like a walking stick and hit the bricks...

And this is no slight to foreign born women either...please don't take it as such...but it gets monotonous all the time, with this 'I'm gonna get me a foreign girl...you Western/American women are a bunch of ball-breaking, gold digging, loud-mouthed beeyotches who won't say how high when I say jump!'

How about a little truth...either your game is weaker than Charmin in a monsoon, and you need to step it up...or (gasp!) quit TRYING to run games and actually treat a woman with some dignity and respect...maybe then you won't be running across the ocean with your tails between your legs and your d***s slung over your shoulders, looking for some shrinking violet who's gonna kiss your a** 24/7 and not question anything you do...

When I knew, back in the day, that I either needed to make a better me, or spend a lot of time getting personal with my right hand, guess which one I chose? It's not that hard, and all American women aren't the daughters of Cruella DeVille
Not everyone who prefers foreign women to American women can't get American women, maybe they just don't want them. In general, I think that American women are too controlling, dress frumpy, and are overweight. The only type of American women I like are the Southern and rural Midwestern ones, because they dress and groom themselves nicely, and they are more old-fashioned in gender roles. Overall, I prefer Asian or European women because they are more fit and how they dress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships