Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2011, 05:18 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,783,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
One thing I don't understand about most American women( in general) is this obsession with getting married and having kids, where does this come from? For me, it is a huge turn-off!!

One problem with our society is this puritanism, false moralism, sexual repression and how much religion still influences people's ideas and behavior.
Really? You can't understand the drive to reproduce and to do so in a stable environment with a partner who makes you happy?

I'm an atheist but I've always known I wanted to be a mother one day. It has nothing to do with puritan tradition, it's a biological drive I have always felt. Not everyone feels the same or as strongly but any logical observer can understand the desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
In most other developed societies, people live together for years, unmarried , no children and they are perfectly fine with it.
Yeah, every society has people who live long lives together without children, but every society also has people who live long lives together with children. It's kind of an important part of continuing society.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And I think a lot of these guys who are scoring big in foreign lands are forgetting that their foreignness is a big draw. They're unusual just by being there. When I went to visit friends in a small town in Northern England, everyone wanted to talk to me because I was "The American."

Americans are the same, throw an average-looking Irish or Brazilian or Australian guy into any social situation in the States, and he'll be swarmed because of his "cute accent". And he'll probably go home bragging about how great American women are.
No. Most men know that they're seen as unique in foreign and that's why they love going overseas!

Yes. A foreign guy with a heavy accent gets the girls easily in America. I witnessed this when I was in college.

The favorites in the states are usually foreign Italian and Latino males or Australian.

Old 10-03-2011, 05:58 PM

Many places such as brazil, bolivia, belize, argentina and venuzuela have gorgeous and feminine women. If you're an American guy, you'll have success over there.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Many places such as brazil, bolivia, belize, argentina and venuzuela have gorgeous and feminine women. If you're an American guy, you'll have success over there.
After you get a Visa to live there, then find a job where they speak English, then find a house and try to get established in a foreign country?

Honestly, do you guys even think about practicalities?

Old 10-03-2011, 06:47 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,148,176 times
Quote:
Brazil has the hottest women in world, bar none. And yes if I had the opportunity to move to brazil I would be out of here in hot second.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:55 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Do black men have much of a chance with women in them countries. Everyone is talking about white guys, I'm a black man who knows America and Africa ain't the only places with beautiful women.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Do black men have much of a chance with women in them countries. Everyone is talking about white guys, I'm a black man who knows America and Africa ain't the only places with beautiful women.
Black guys do fine there. Rio De Janeiro and Belize at least are good for black guys as well as other latin american countries. Western Europe is also great for black guys.

Last edited by Black Jack22; 10-03-2011 at 07:17 PM..

Old 10-03-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Brazil has the hottest women in world, bar none. And yes if I had the opportunity to move to brazil I would be out of here in hot second.
It doesn't cost that much to live in Latin America. Just do your research about how to avoid the dangers and scams.

In Rio de Janeiro, do not go to the beaches at night. I'd stay off the streets at nighttime period in Rio. Don't wear flashy clothes either and don't put your wallet in your back pocket.

Last edited by Black Jack22; 10-03-2011 at 07:17 PM..

Old 10-03-2011, 07:23 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
The grass is always greener.....

It's not that, it's sour grapes. American women (really all women, but they only deal with American women) avoid them like the plague. Quite frankly they are losers with nothing to offer. This type of response validates women's thinking. If they weren't losers they would realize they are the common denominator and do something to improve their lives.

Nobody in the US wants a Blackberry. Hopefully Blackberry isn't sitting around the board room, talking about how big of snobs American mobile device users, are.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:52 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
It's not that, it's sour grapes. American women (really all women, but they only deal with American women) avoid them like the plague. Quite frankly they are losers with nothing to offer. This type of response validates women's thinking. If they weren't losers they would realize they are the common denominator and do something to improve their lives.

Nobody in the US wants a Blackberry. Hopefully Blackberry isn't sitting around the board room, talking about how big of snobs American mobile device users, are.
You certain about that? 'Cause I can guarantee that likely isn't the case with some of the guys. Speaking for myself, I can say that's not the case. You want them to be bitter and losers so that you can feel validated. Face facts; there is a cultural difference and that difference factors into the traits and behaviors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships