Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 03:36 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,705,013 times

Advertisements

Yeah, what MontanaGuy said. It wouldn't have an impact on her appearance, hopefully not on her personality, so no it wouldn't be an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 03:51 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,397,159 times
The entire question is fatuous. So the magical cut off is 23 years of age of virginity. You meet a girl who is 24 or 26 and you've already decided, "I don't bonk babes past 23," so you're up the creek without a paddle. Wise move... NOT.

Take life as it comes. If some hot 40 year old virgin wants you, why on earth are you going to say no?

Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,483,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
The entire question is fatuous. So the magical cut off is 23 years of age of virginity. You meet a girl who is 24 or 26 and you've already decided, "I don't bonk babes past 23," so you're up the creek without a paddle. Wise move... NOT.
23 was just an example of a number I have heard some guys say is "too old" for a girl to be a virgin. It's definitely subjective and everyone feels differently about it, which is why I asked.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:04 AM

13,006 posts, read 18,932,975 times
Ugliness: a gift of God to certain women, entailing virtue without humility. - Ambrose Bierce.

Is it true that virgin wool comes from ugly sheep?

90 is not to old for a woman to be a virgin if she is a nun.

Last edited by pvande55; 03-12-2011 at 10:13 AM..

Old 03-12-2011, 10:39 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,829,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Whether or not a person has ever had sex has absolutely no impact on their physical appearance so I find the question to be meaningless. Physical beauty is based entirely on the roll of the dice genetically. If your parents were tall, very good looking, and happened to possess those physical qualities that we all instinctively recognize as desireable than your chances of inheriting those same traits are very good. If, on the other hand, your parents look like they were raised by wolves your odds are going to be much worse. Unfortunately, even though both of my parents were good looking I took after the family dog. These things happen.
I disagree. There is more to being attracted to someone than looks alone. There is personality, sexiness,etc. I am a nice guy myself but I have never been especially attracted to wholesome good girl types. I wouldn't have interest in a virgin.

Last edited by Jay F; 03-12-2011 at 10:47 AM..

Old 03-12-2011, 10:48 AM

610 posts, read 1,296,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe404 View Post
I'm thinking anyone who is reading this and is "saving herself" is probably going to take offense to your reducing it to "bull*****"

I'm just sayin...
My offending knows no race, way of life, religion or otherwise; I'm an equal opportunity offender!

No but seriously;
If someone is saving themselves, and think it's gonna be this "special, beautiful thing between two people who love each other" etc... well nice dream, but when you've been boning each other to romantic music on some animal fur in front of the fireplace in moonlight 15 times it's not gonna be that special anymore anyway.

Besides for many the first time wont even be that special. All I see is wasted potential lay-time.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:49 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,480,617 times
If she's attractive in the first place, being a virgin makes her more attractive to me

Old 03-14-2011, 09:24 AM

324 posts, read 573,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
If I was into her enough to sleep with her in the first place, yeah.

The main thing is that I've deflowered virgins before:

1. The sex is almost uniformly bad.
2. Even if they're really, really into it, there's a lot of "!!!" moments the first few goes around because it hurts or they are worried it's gonna hurt.
3. There's a good chance they're deeply spiritual. If you ever want to see me go from the nicest guy out there to the most obstinate guy out there in record time, ask me to go to church with you more than once.
4. Sex =/> engagement ring = you're good as married = why did you buy new dishes for my apartment?

I'd certainly consider it if I'd gotten that far with her, but I generally find it easier to get with women who are a bit more experienced.
You sound like a real tool, a tool who is good at manipulation!

Old 03-14-2011, 09:36 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,989,521 times
Nothing wrong with virgins as long she's not saving it for marriage. I'll like a woman to appreciate or view sex the way I do. Saving yourself for marriage is crazy IMO.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:40 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,989,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
My offending knows no race, way of life, religion or otherwise; I'm an equal opportunity offender!
^^^^^ I love this!!!!

Quote:
No but seriously;
If someone is saving themselves, and think it's gonna be this "special, beautiful thing between two people who love each other" etc... well nice dream, but when you've been boning each other to romantic music on some animal fur in front of the fireplace in moonlight 15 times it's not gonna be that special anymore anyway.

Besides for many the first time wont even be that special. All I see is wasted potential lay-time.
I agree. I posted this in the thread that got locked.

All it takes for a satisfying sexual experience is mutual sexual attraction & physical compatibility. Jus Sayin. All this romantic talk about losing your virginity with the one you love are just added bonuses IMO. I guess classy people don't engage in one-night-stands. I never aspired to be classy anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships