Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:22 PM

1,128 posts, read 3,480,973 times

Advertisements

Occasionally I hear people talking about virgins and whether or not they find them attractive. It seems like people are divided once a girl is over a certain age. To guys- If a girl is 23 or older and is still a virgin, would you still date her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 08:27 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,195,349 times
Yes, I would. All the talk about "how old" someone should be before being a virgin would be more of an annoyance or bad thing serves no purpose.. well, other than to make virgins feel bad, that is.

My line of thinking would be that the opportunity or situation never really presented itself.. most virgins aren't exactly virgins by personal choice. lol.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolSocks View Post
Occasionally I hear people talking about virgins and whether or not they find them attractive. It seems like people are divided once a girl is over a certain age. To guys- If a girl is 23 or older and is still a virgin, would you still date her?
If I was into her enough to sleep with her in the first place, yeah.

The main thing is that I've deflowered virgins before:

1. The sex is almost uniformly bad.
2. Even if they're really, really into it, there's a lot of "!!!" moments the first few goes around because it hurts or they are worried it's gonna hurt.
3. There's a good chance they're deeply spiritual. If you ever want to see me go from the nicest guy out there to the most obstinate guy out there in record time, ask me to go to church with you more than once.
4. Sex =/> engagement ring = you're good as married = why did you buy new dishes for my apartment?

I'd certainly consider it if I'd gotten that far with her, but I generally find it easier to get with women who are a bit more experienced.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:55 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,610,392 times
Quote:
Well, as women phrase it to date is having sex. If a woman is asked about a male friend if they are not intimate the woman will say "oh no we are not dating we are just friends."
When I was dating I could respect virgins but they have to give me a little respect and not waste my time.

It became tiresome to even date virgins, they have no idea about sex but think of it as something so ideal to hold onto. Saving it for my husband! ? Very few men want to have to teach sex ed on their wedding night.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:56 PM

4,023 posts, read 7,371,023 times
Why not......

Old 03-11-2011, 02:03 PM

1,353 posts, read 3,915,827 times
Quote:

Absolutely. To me, that makes her more attractive.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:21 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,586 times
Not if she's doing the whole religious or saving-myself-bull*****-thing.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:24 PM

1,353 posts, read 3,915,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post

Yea, that could become an issue though.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:47 PM

334 posts, read 528,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeek20 View Post
I'm thinking anyone who is reading this and is "saving herself" is probably going to take offense to your reducing it to "bull*****"

I'm just sayin...

Old 03-11-2011, 02:57 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
Quote:
Virgins: Attractive?
Whether or not a person has ever had sex has absolutely no impact on their physical appearance so I find the question to be meaningless. Physical beauty is based entirely on the roll of the dice genetically. If your parents were tall, very good looking, and happened to possess those physical qualities that we all instinctively recognize as desireable than your chances of inheriting those same traits are very good. If, on the other hand, your parents look like they were raised by wolves your odds are going to be much worse. Unfortunately, even though both of my parents were good looking I took after the family dog. These things happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships