Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:45 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I know. Getting old is inevitable (unless you die young). But just because you get old doesn't mean you need to be in a relationship with another old person.

You'll expect your partner to overlook your wrinkles and sags although you would not be able to overlook hers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 01:49 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,475,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
You'll expect your partner to overlook your wrinkles and sags although you would not be able to overlook hers?
Exactly. There are a lot of double standards in favor of women. And this is a double standard in favor of men.

You sometimes see old men (60+ years old) in relationships with younger women (under 40).

But you never see the reverse. Yes, there's such a thing as a cougar. But cougars are typically in their 30s or 40s. The age gap in these relationship is not as large as the age gap in old man/younger woman relationships

Plus, men age better and/or can pull off being old better

Old 03-27-2011, 01:51 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,132 times
Quote:
Exactly. There are a lot of double standards in favor of women. And this is a double standard in favor of men.

You sometimes see old men (60+ years old) in relationships with younger women (under 40).

But you never see the reverse. Yes, there's such a thing as a cougar. But cougars are typically in their 30s or 40s. The age gap in these relationship is not as large as the age gap in old man/younger woman relationships

Plus, men age better and/or can pull off being old better
Where are you getting your information from? It's all wrong.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:51 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,057 times
Fair enough. But you'll have to become the type of man whom those young women will find attractive.

Carry on with your plan and good luck.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Where are you getting your information from? It's all wrong.
Personal experience. Hugh Hefner and his fiancée's age gap=60 years

I realize Hugh Hefner is different from the average person

But can you think of any relationships where the female is 60 years older than the male (famous or not)?

As for people looking their best between 15 and 23, that's also personal experience. I wasn't overly attractive when I was younger. Then at 15, I became attractive. And I've seen people's looks go downhill at 24, so that's why I chose 23 as the upper limit.

And I don't find any old people attractive. That's also personal experience.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:20 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,350,132 times
Quote:
Personal experience. Hugh Hefner and his fiancée's age gap=60 years

I realize Hugh Hefner is different from the average person

But can you think of any relationships where the female is 60 years older than the male (famous or not)?

As for people looking their best between 15 and 23, that's also personal experience. I wasn't overly attractive when I was younger. Then at 15, I became attractive. And I've seen people's looks go downhill at 24, so that's why I chose 23 as the upper limit.

And I don't find any old people attractive. That's also personal experience.
So from the age of 24 on, you're not going to be attractive by your standards?

Old 03-27-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
So from the age of 24 on, you're not going to be attractive by your standards?
Possibly. Only if my looks go downhill at 24. I've seen people's looks go downhill at 24. But I also said some people stay attractive well past 23 (although everyone's looks go downhill before they're 60)

Old 03-27-2011, 02:31 PM

Let me break it down for you

At 30, the majority of people that were once attractive are still attractive. Unless you made bad life choices that made you age poorly or you just got bad luck in the looks department, you're still going to be attractive at 30.

At 40, a lot of people's looks have gone downhill, but a lot of people are still attractive. Most 40 year olds show signs of aging, but as long as those signs aren't too extreme, they still have a chance to be attractive. I'd say 40 is the half and half age (meaning there's about a 50/50 chance of being attractive)

At 50, attractive people are few and far between

Old 03-27-2011, 03:42 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java378 View Post
I doubt you'd believe anything that poster said if it was form experience or a survey of women, so there is no point to it.
I was not saying that my comments are not true; I was saying that you do not know me, so you do not know whether I tell the truth or not. I said it is a fantasy for me because I don't take what other people say so seriously...it is fun, but it is not my real life. If you disagree with me, I don't have to look at you tomorrow at work, so it doesn't really bother me. In real life I don't really like to be debating everything, but on here it is fun.

Old 03-27-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Let me break it down for you

At 30, the majority of people that were once attractive are still attractive. Unless you made bad life choices that made you age poorly or you just got bad luck in the looks department, you're still going to be attractive at 30.

At 40, a lot of people's looks have gone downhill, but a lot of people are still attractive. Most 40 year olds show signs of aging, but as long as those signs aren't too extreme, they still have a chance to be attractive. I'd say 40 is the half and half age (meaning there's about a 50/50 chance of being attractive)

At 50, attractive people are few and far between
At 60, there's no such thing as an attractive person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships