Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 06:36 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
At 60, there's no such thing as an attractive person
at 60 you have alot more free time to party and a lot more money, and a lot less responsibility than your average 25 year old who is going to be in the rat race for at least another 25 years.
who wants to be young broke , good looking and working 40 hours a week?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 07:17 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
at 60 you have alot more free time to party and a lot more money, and a lot less responsibility than your average 25 year old who is going to be in the rat race for at least another 25 years.
Me! As long as I was good looking it would make a world of entire difference.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:36 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,679,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Me! As long as I was good looking it would make a world of entire difference.
I can remember being young good looking and broke I felt like a Ferari on a ten foot track

Old 03-28-2011, 09:32 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I don't know about that. A lot of people can't afford to retire at 60 these days.

As for a lot less responsibility, that's not true either. A lot of 25 year olds these days live with their parents. A 60 year old has likely been responsible and self-supporting for decades.

If a 25 year old is broke, they should live with their parents so the parents can help them out with expenses. That being said, there are 25 year olds that are attractive, make a decent income, and work 40 hours a week doing something they love. That sounds good to me.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:58 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Fair enough. But you'll have to become the type of man whom those young women will find attractive.
And if he has a lot of money, a cool luxurious sporty car, etc. Believe me, lots and lots of women young and old will find him "attractive" .

Old 03-28-2011, 04:57 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
And if he has a lot of money, a cool luxurious sporty car, etc. Believe me, lots and lots of women young and old will find him "attractive" .
Well, it sounds like he judges a woman's attractiveness on an equally shallow scale. His shallowness is not more honorable, don't you agree? They'll both get what they are looking for and everybody's happy (at least until she grows older).

Old 03-28-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Well, it sounds like he judges a woman's attractiveness on an equally shallow scale. They'll both get what they are looking for and everybody's happy.
Come on, you married a guy who, according to you, took you out to expensive restaurants, overspent on flowers and chocolate, bought you a car for your birthday, etc. You have also said that a guy that doesn't spend money on his girl is not showing her he loves her, he's not showing manly traits, among many other things.

A man's money, car, degree/career, etc. is a plus for women as much as a woman's looks is for a man.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times
My husband is a generous person who enjoys giving to the people he loves (not just me, but his friends, family and people in need). He has been lucky in life and he believes in sharing what he has with others.

I don't know why that bothers you so much. I don't know why you have decided to demonize me for the crime of falling in love with him, nor do I care.

You are like a gnat that I can't seem to swat away. Go your own way and live the type of life you have chosen for yourself. Shoo!

Last edited by boodhabunny; 03-28-2011 at 10:07 PM..

Old 03-29-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
My husband is a generous person who enjoys giving to the people he loves (not just me, but his friends, family and people in need). He has been lucky in life and he believes in sharing what he has with others
And many women feel attracted to “generou$” men. Why is it somewhat embarrassing for women to admit that? People keep saying men want sex blah blah blah, fine, can’t deny that. Women are interested in men who are a level above them (more money, nicer car, bigger place, etc.) can't deny that either.

Quote:
I don't know why that bothers you so much. I don't know why you have decided to demonize me for the crime of falling in love with him, nor do I care
It doesn’t bother me. I am just pointing out that a man’s money is another characteristic of a man that attracts women just like men go to those who attract their eyes. Do we agree on this or not?

Old 03-29-2011, 03:51 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,625 times
Ofcourse money buys tons of sex and relationships with multiple hot girls. Do you think a beautiful attractive woman would have sex with Cheech Marin for example because she thinks he is a sexy hunk of beef who is in the same league as Matthew McConaughey when it comes to looks ? Hell no, she would have sex with him because he made millions of dollars making stoner movies with Chong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships