Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2011, 04:01 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
And your heart doesn't make you marry a man either. You make that decision. Just because you're in love with someone doesn't mean you have to marry them.
That's true of some people. I don't have to MARRY a guy I'm in love with, but if i'm with a guy, I have to love him. I know many, many men who don't give a rat's behind about love and would rather have someone rich by their side. This attitude is not synonymous with women in particular. Men do it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post

That is so beautiful. I mistook it for poetry. But then I realized that it was a work of fiction. Like a woman not marrying a man for money. Women marry a guy who has a job that they can brag about.(And it doesn't need to include making lots of money, though most of the jobs give them enough money, looks do the other part for a woman.) Like fireman, pilot, Special Ops guy, van helsing, serial rapist.
Well the thing is, that if you are a construction worker, you won't get a woman who is a CEO. That's just the way things are. But somebody's hooking up with the construction workers. I guess Maria, the maid is not good enough for you guys. Lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 04:23 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,997,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post

Well the thing is, that if you are a construction worker, you won't get a woman who is a CEO. That's just the way things are. But somebody's hooking up with the construction workers. I guess Maria, the maid is not good enough for you guys. Lol!
Maria, the maid, would be good enough for me if she were hot. You see its all about looks for me.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:53 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
I don't think its every womans dream to divorce a rich man and take all of his money. But women crave safety and security. Would you be interested in a man who 1) is a foot shorter than you 2)doesn't have a penny to his name?
5'0"? Probably not. That would be physically awkward.

Not a penny to his name? Well, my husband and I used to look in the couch cushions and on the car floorboards to find change so we could buy food. That's pretty close.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:54 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Good thing there's a difference.
Yes, it makes it sound a bit "nicer" but in the end it means the same.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Yes, it makes it sound a bit "nicer" but in the end it means the same.
No, they are different. There is more to security than money. A rich man who cheats and dumps his wife for a newer model is not "secure." Security is also about honesty, integrity, and work ethic.

Like I just said, my husband and I scrounged for change at times because we were flat broke. There were days when I'd be excited because I remembered there was a quarter in the washing machine. I also knew that my husband was a hard worker who would make something of himself and build a good life with me for our family, that he loved us, and that we would be together for the rest of our lives.

Two different things. I'm sorry if you can't tell the difference.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
No, they are different. There is more to security than money. A rich man who cheats and dumps his wife for a newer model is not "secure." Security is also about honesty, integrity, and work ethic.
The waiter at the corner coffee shop can offer you honesty and all that goodie stuff but not have a penny to take care of a woman and offer THAT kind of security as well. So when a woman wants security she does want all those nicey things AND make sure he has money.

There are exceptions just like everything. Women USUALLY look for guys above their level or at the very least the same level. In your case both of you were broke (same level).

Old 03-23-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
The waiter at the corner coffee shop can offer you honesty and all that goodie stuff but not have a penny to take care of a woman and offer THAT kind of security as well. So when a woman wants security she does want all those nicey things AND make sure he has money.
But guys who work in coffee shops do have girlfriends are get married.

Quote:
There are exceptions just like everything. Women USUALLY look for guys above their level or at the very least the same level. In your case both of you were broke (same level).
Nobody tells me I am such a special snowflake as much as you do, onihC. LOL, what do you want me to say? You're right, you'll never get a woman here, give up, nobody will ever love you? Really?

As for our same level, sure. If you were offered the choice between a pretty woman who was nice to you and a pretty woman who was nice to you AND could cook, which one would you pick, all things being equal? Of course you'd pick the one with more to offer.

Besides, the topic is about how money can buy shallow relationships with hot people, not how poor people manage to find love. That wasn't much of a newsflash. Users find the suckers and vice versa.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:
But guys who work in coffee shops do have girlfriends are get married
That’s right. A girlfriend who’s at the same level or below, NORMALLY.

Quote:
Nobody tells me I am such a special snowflake as much as you do, onihC. LOL, what do you want me to say? You're right, you'll never get a woman here, give up, nobody will ever love you? Really?
Trying to throw a jab at me has nothing to do with the topic…so going back on topic, even you women have agreed that women NORMALLY go for guys who are above or at the very least the same level.

Quote:
As for our same level, sure. If you were offered the choice between a pretty woman who was nice to you and a pretty woman who was nice to you AND could cook, which one would you pick, all things being equal? Of course you'd pick the one with more to offer
And I won’t deny that I would go for the second option. Those are things I am totally capable of offering as well and offer when I am in a relationship. Have a nice guy who happens to be a waiter and drives a, say, 1991 hyunday and a nice guy who has lots of money, an attractive job, a cool luxurious sporty car, etc. they both approach the same woman. Who will walk out of the place with the woman clinging to his arm? The second guy. So, yeah, money can’t buy that rich guy love but it can buy a woman.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
That’s right. A girlfriend who’s at the same level or below, NORMALLY.
On a financial level, maybe. Just like go for women who are at the same level or above in looks. You don't see many good-looking men with significantly uglier women. Men and women value different things.

Quote:
Trying to throw a jab at me has nothing to do with the topic…so going back on topic, even you women have agreed that women NORMALLY go for guys who are above or at the very least the same level.
No, I am not throwing a jab at you, and I am sorry you thought I was. I am trying to show you that you can find a woman who will love you for who you are, despite your constant arguments to the contrary. You don't have to travel halfway across the world to find this woman either.

Quote:
And I won’t deny that I would go for the second option. Those are things I am totally capable of offering as well and offer when I am in a relationship. Have a nice guy who happens to be a waiter and drives a, say, 1991 hyunday and a nice guy who has lots of money, an attractive job, a cool luxurious sporty car, etc. they both approach the same woman. Who will walk out of the place with the woman clinging to his arm? The second guy. So, yeah, money can’t buy that rich guy love but it can buy a woman.
That's no more valid that saying good looks can catch a man. Can they catch some easy sex? Sure, just like throwing money around can. But for a relationship to last--you know, be secure--there should be something MORE than just looks or money.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
On a financial level, maybe. Just like go for women who are at the same level or above in looks
That’s right. Women seem to put more importance on the financial level of a man while men may put more importance on looks. But like everything, there are always exceptions, which are just that, exceptions.

Quote:
No, I am not throwing a jab at you, and I am sorry you thought I was. I am trying to show you that you can find a woman who will love you for who you are, despite your constant arguments to the contrary
Of course. I have mentioned before how a woman in an upper executive job in a Forbes 500 company decided to go out with me instead of all the other high rollers she worked with while I was just a college student in Japan, where we met.

Quote:
That's no more valid that saying good looks can catch a man. Can they catch some easy sex? Sure, just like throwing money around can
Yup. A woman with good looks will have men all over the same way a man with lots of money will have women all over him. A guy with lots of money can pretty much buy a woman as much as a good looking woman can make men crawl behind her.

Quote:
But for a relationship to last--you know, be secure--there should be something MORE than just looks or money.
Agree. Sure, a man will want to have a woman who is attractive to his eyes but there’s gotta be more than that for the relationship to be successful. Sure, women want men with money, but there’s gotta be more than that for the relationship to succeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships