Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 10:19 AM

29,775 posts, read 34,503,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBing View Post
That sounds like you want to change someone. You're setting yourself up for frustration and rejection. You need to start with similarities.
And also keep in mind that in dating, what you want isn't the only thing. You think you're being goofy and harmless, but the woman yesterday perceived you as creepy and threatening. Just because she doesn't like you doesn't make her an idiot. You never consider how you come across or how the woman may perceive you or how she might expect you to behave. Until you get less self-centered and accept that you are your biggest obstacle, you're never going to have a second date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 10:31 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,118,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And also keep in mind that in dating, what you want isn't the only thing. You think you're being goofy and harmless, but the woman yesterday perceived you as creepy and threatening. Just because she doesn't like you doesn't make her an idiot. You never consider how you come across or how the woman may perceive you or how she might expect you to behave. Until you get less self-centered and accept that you are your biggest obstacle, you're never going to have a second date.

She is not a idiot for being turned off, she is a idiot for deleting her profile and leaving the site. Now if I had listed

I enjoy oral sex
I like having sex in public
I have long penis
I like putting passion mark on a womans buttcheeks
I like eating desert off a woman's breast

Then it would be understandable

Old 04-24-2011, 10:44 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,991,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
She is not a idiot for being turned off, she is a idiot for deleting her profile and leaving the site. Now if I had listed

I enjoy oral sex
I have long penis

Don't flatter yourself. If anything, your message was probably just one of many similar incidents being thrown her way. Yours might have been the last straw.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:02 AM

6,408 posts, read 9,013,782 times
Always be careful with e-mail. Context and intent can be very hard to read and if she interprets your message wrong it can be dire. A few months back I found myself in a wee bit of trouble over an e-mail I sent a gal at work. It was poorly written and something I wrote was taken in a way I had not intended and she turned on me fast. She didn't ask me about it or even reflect on our friendly relationship and give me the benefit of the doubt. It really sucked and caused me a lot of mental anguish because I really like this gal and would never willingly offend her. Thankfully someone must have stood up for me because all I received was "a talk".

Never again...lol.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:09 AM

222 posts, read 420,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Always be careful with e-mail. Context and intent can be very hard to read
So true! (And texting, too.) Five different people can read the same thing and still react five different ways.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:20 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,812,839 times
Quote:
I was actually being sarscastic and would talk about myself in such a stupid way. And I also been on 3 dates in 2011 where you been? I'm confident that by it only being Apri, I can reach double digit dates in the same year for the first time since 1999
Grasshopper, you have been on three FIRST DATES in 2011 and in not one year out of the previous several have you ever had a second date. And your annual predictions are repetitive and are never realized ... good grief. Enjoy the TV sports and the nachos!

Old 04-24-2011, 11:29 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,793,147 times
Quote:
I normal 50 hours a week at my job so I tend to want to bring out my silly side on the weekends. Got to have a balance in life
You might be referred to as..... someone who is * undate-able *

Old 04-24-2011, 11:29 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,197,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBing View Post
That sounds like you want to change someone. You're setting yourself up for frustration and rejection. You need to start with similarities.
Exactly what I was thinking. Similarities are important but what they both need to start with are similar manners. An eccentric person does not have the same manners as a "normal" person. Sometimes an eccentric person may have better manners than a normal person. He or she learned to work all angles but managed to stay within boundaries. I don't think TVSG is this kind of eccentric.

Here is an example below:

Quote:

I enjoy oral sex
I have long penis

A girl he was getting along with just fine is suddenly an idiot because of her actions. This is precisely why these two should not be together. One minute they act like they like each other and the next minute one is a creep and the other is an idiot.

Last edited by crisan; 04-24-2011 at 11:40 AM..

Old 04-24-2011, 11:30 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,118,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Grasshopper, you have been on three FIRST DATES in 2011 and in not one year out of the previous several have you ever had a second date. And your annual predictions are repetitive and are never realized ... good grief. Enjoy the TV sports and the nachos!

The first one was my decsion wasn't my type, the second was my fault because i did something stupid. The last one was unemployed and smoked marijuana and defintely wasn't my type.

So i did blew two wonderful opportunities in December and March and have to learn that the word...........CUDDLE maes a female nervous

Old 04-24-2011, 11:36 AM

819 posts, read 1,595,446 times
You seriously need to take an English course. I hope your work correspondence is much better than what you post on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships