Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 07:46 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,343,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Are you married, by chance? Are you on online sites, by chance?

If you're married you have not a clue. And if you're married and on online sites shame on you.
What does this have to do with being married...? I'm married on and off - currently off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 07:49 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,026,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Normal is BORING. What is so wrong with being Silly?
No, normal is STABLE. Normal pays the bills. Normal does the weekly date and has the kids. Normal is faithful. Normal is solid as a rock. Normal has the mortgage. Sometimes normal has the boring job.

Look, I've been around the block enough with the "bad boys" enough to pay the price. Oh sure, they're exciting, charismatic, fun to be with. In the end, they are also the jerks that leave you high and dry.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:50 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,019,907 times
It sounds creepy to me and I'm a man. You dont talk about cuddling, massages, or any other such until invited to do so is the old rule. In other words when she has determined you are not a freak, creep, etc and wants to share and know more personal details she will put it out there for you but not always in so many words. You must read the signs. Until then, you dont go there. I'm old though so maybe its different now?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What does this have to do with being married...? I'm married on and off - currently off.
A lot. You're currently on and off speaks volumes and maybe that's why a normal profile would strike you as boring and lead to whatever situation you're in. I am going to presume you're not on marriage #5, but clearly there is some instability going on so of course a list like mine would not suit you. It is too "normal."

Old 04-23-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
No, normal is STABLE. Normal pays the bills. Normal does the weekly date and has the kids. Normal is faithful. Normal is solid as a rock. Normal has the mortgage. Sometimes normal has the boring job.

Look, I've been around the block enough with the "bad boys" enough to pay the price. Oh sure, they're exciting, charismatic, fun to be with. In the end, they are also the jerks that leave you high and dry.
Oh, no argument here... However, "normal" has to catch people's attention somehow and in a sea of profiles one that doesn't stand out in any way won't catch anybody's attention, particularly if the looks are matching as well.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
A lot. You're currently on and off speaks volumes and maybe that's why a normal profile would strike you as boring and lead to whatever situation you're in. I am going to presume you're not on marriage #5, but clearly there is some instability going on so of course a list like mine would not suit you. It is too "normal."
Well, whatever one needs, I suppose... I have the boring job myself, I pay the mortgage and the bills, I don't have kids and don't plan to have them, so none of these wonderful qualities interest me or will add anything to my existing life.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, no argument here... However, "normal" has to catch people's attention somehow and in a sea of profiles one that doesn't stand out in any way won't catch anybody's attention, particularly if the looks are matching as well.
Let me share my own online horror story and this is why I will not do online. I met someone online. Seemed like a real charmer. Long story short, ended up being a criminal.

Plus, I dated a guy who was normal and boring when I was much younger (for the most part - an accountant) and discovered he was murdered a long time ago. Had the two of us hooked up (again), that would not have happened. But I was not into normal and boring at the time, but I digress.

Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that normal and boring is both the safest and wisest way to go. And anyone who starts mentioning lists of fetishes scares me off that site and I MIGHT go back on (I never did) but for sure under a different name but then there is always the issue of the pic, so I'd probably just disappear.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:00 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,500,859 times
Quote:
Normal is BORING. What is so wrong with being Silly?
In the immortal words of Dr. Phil, how's that working for you?

Truly TVSG, you come across to me as clueless! I don't think you have to worry about being seen as normal.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:04 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,192,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
In the immortal words of Dr. Phil, how's that working for you?

Truly TVSG, you come across to me as clueless! I don't think you have to worry about being seen as normal.

I normal 50 hours a week at my job so I tend to want to bring out my silly side on the weekends. Got to have a balance in life

Old 04-23-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
I normal 50 hours a week at my job so I tend to want to bring out my silly side on the weekends. Got to have a balance in life
Fine, have an ice cream cone, go to an amusement park. Put that in your list. Just stay away from sexual innuendo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships