Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 09:38 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,657,969 times

Advertisements

Crab, it seems you have more than enough on your plate already without going up for another portion. You have to help YOURSELF before you can help others, and it sounds like you have a ways to go before you can enjoy THAT luxury.

I believe you'll get there, but it will take time and energy - things that you're probably short on already.

We can't save the world - just our little corner of it.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:07 PM

52,396 posts, read 52,914,951 times
I'm glad I don't have to deal with first date jitters.

I'm already very Woody Allenish..... don't need the stress of dating on top of it.....

Old 05-06-2011, 11:03 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,722,102 times
goodnight everyone :/

Old 05-07-2011, 12:32 AM

27,955 posts, read 39,890,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm glad I don't have to deal with first date jitters.

I'm already very Woody Allenish..... don't need the stress of dating on top of it.....
I don't want to face the first date bit again. Ever.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:25 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,486,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
My sisters have pretty much put me into a spot where I was forced to take a girl out to dinner. I'm in the restroom now. She is talking about the future and such even though I was very clear about where I am. She seems nice enough and I don't want to hurt her feelings. I need help NOW!
Sorry about your dilemma. Sounds like you need to talk to your sisters. They mean well but you're not ready right now.

I'd go back and finish dinner and then take her home.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:30 AM

Quote:
No, I don't jump out the window. She had to leave because she had some kind of undisclosed emergency with one of her kids. He is a high school aged teen but we never made it to what was going on there other than she is facing difficulties with raising him without a father. My impression is she is really desperate to get someone in there to help out with that. I think this is a good woman in a tough spot which made me sad. She is genuine, funny, and can keep up in conversation. The thing is I am spending most of my time putting eye drops in my moms eyes every 20 minutes because they dont close. I swab out her mouth with a little sponge on a stick. I change her diaper. I watch her writhe in agony and cry out in her suffering which no drug can take away. I am a few months away from a divorce because I failed to save my wife. I am treading water myself. I would like to help her but I do not want her to get the impression or hope that it would be leading anywhere when I have no idea where I am going. Otherwise I would be more than willing to talk to her son assuming he was willing to talk to me. I am so sorry I went now that I cant describe it.
Oh, Crab. I didn't realize your mother was still living! You've got way too much on your plate to even help this woman out with her son. You need to take care of your mom's needs now and after all is done with mom, then you need to really take care of you. You don't need to help anyone at this time. And with your divorce so fresh, you've got a double whammy.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Well, belated good-nite to you Hurricane!

Old 05-07-2011, 01:46 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,476,212 times
Quote:
No, I don't jump out the window. She had to leave because she had some kind of undisclosed emergency with one of her kids. He is a high school aged teen but we never made it to what was going on there other than she is facing difficulties with raising him without a father. My impression is she is really desperate to get someone in there to help out with that. I think this is a good woman in a tough spot which made me sad. She is genuine, funny, and can keep up in conversation. The thing is I am spending most of my time putting eye drops in my moms eyes every 20 minutes because they dont close. I swab out her mouth with a little sponge on a stick. I change her diaper. I watch her writhe in agony and cry out in her suffering which no drug can take away. I am a few months away from a divorce because I failed to save my wife. I am treading water myself. I would like to help her but I do not want her to get the impression or hope that it would be leading anywhere when I have no idea where I am going. Otherwise I would be more than willing to talk to her son assuming he was willing to talk to me. I am so sorry I went now that I cant describe it.
Crabman, you are going through a rough time at the moment. Have you stopped to think that this lady could help you get your mind off all the troubles. And that her child could be a wonderful gift that destiny is giving you so you don't feel like you are going to die all by yourself, as you said previously? She needs you, but maybe you need her too? Why don't you try talking to her and explain that you are not thinking of the future right now, but would still like to go out with her. Maybe you guys can hit it off, at least as friends, for now?

Remember you said you need to get laid, and why not her if she agrees?

Old 05-07-2011, 01:49 AM

18,271 posts, read 14,476,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Very belated goodnight from me too, Hurricane. Don't stress.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:22 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,248,626 times
On a lighter note - texting CD as a lifeline from the bathroom on a date looking for advice has to go down in the books as a Blue Ribbon moment.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships