Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 07:52 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,332,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I can't believe this post was written by someone that hasn't even hit 30 yet. You're right when you said you sound old.

By the way, I know someone your age that depends on his parents just as much as I do.

Sorry City, but I agree with DW. It is time to start at least trying to be independent. The guys I know worked in high school and college. If they couldn't find something, they started a lawn care service or something similar. This kind of initiative will help them throughout their lives. They didn't just sit around and wait on their parents to buy them a car. Just because you know one 29 year old slacker doesn't mean everyone that age is one.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:54 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,320,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Hopefully it's still a unique thing and is not becoming more predominate with todays boys.

Thanks, life is good and with my new single status it's amazing how much less stress and work is in my life. I'm in that state of limbo, not divorced but separated. Did you have trouble meeting women who would date you when you were in that state of in-between ?

Single?!

I always thought that your marriage served as an example of how to keep it together through life's many challenges.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:58 AM

41,005 posts, read 49,464,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
That is good to hear. Don't rush anything. No I really didn't a whole lot of trouble. I almost had a waiting list. It didn't feel right and made some enemies in that time because of that. There were some who wouldn't tough you with a 10 foot pole... I understood that.
Yeah, I think I need to just get the word out. One thing you learn hanging around here is a good guy is extremely hard to find. Especially one with a job who is successful in what they do.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:02 AM

41,005 posts, read 49,464,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Single?!

I always thought that your marriage served as an example of how to keep it together through life's many challenges.
It was for many years. It's difficult to deal with depression (hers) and the medications that make one better.

I've always wondered if like everything in life a relationship has a natural life span and beyond 25-30 years it dissolves. The kids are gone, too many things have been said over the years (women never forget), just not many reasons to stay together.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:12 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,581,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I can't believe this post was written by someone that hasn't even hit 30 yet. You're right when you said you sound old.

By the way, I know someone your age that depends on his parents just as much as I do.
You know one person. Big deal. It's not the fact your parents help you out that I find appalling. It's the way you come here and whine that they don't do more and whine about having to go to their funeral someday. From what you have posted here, they deserve better.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:14 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,320,844 times
Quote:
It was for many years. It's difficult to deal with depression (hers) and the medications that make one better.

I've always wondered if like everything in life a relationship has a natural life span and beyond 25-30 years it dissolves. The kids are gone, too many things have been said over the years (women never forget), just not many reasons to stay together.
Whatever the reasons, I'm sorry to hear it.

Good luck in this new chapter of your life.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:16 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,581,916 times
Quote:
Hopefully it's still a unique thing and is not becoming more predominate with todays boys.

Thanks, life is good and with my new single status it's amazing how much less stress and work is in my life. I'm in that state of limbo, not divorced but separated. Did you have trouble meeting women who would date you when you were in that state of in-between ?
I'm glad to see you are doing okay. I hope things continue to get better.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:27 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,783,990 times
Quote:

I am so sorry to hear this Rakin. I too thought your marriage was solid. Life changes though, people change. Sometimes we just decide we don't want to live the status quo forever. I am always sad to hear of long term relationships ending though

I wish you all the best in your new found freedom.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:35 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,375,956 times
Good to see ya, Rakin.

Quote:
Thanks, life is good and with my new single status
I was really hoping for a different outcome... I think it's still pretty early to say what your status is.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:57 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,021,462 times
I'm taking my time Rakin. It is since February that my divorce was final and I have avoided dating up to this time. Not that opportunity isnt there, if anything surprised me after the divorce it was how many women were available to me should I choose. I think for me I am learning who I am again after decades of being us. A lot of reflection. I am fortunate in that I can afford to go wherever I want and do essentially what I want but I am not sure what that is, for me the pieces are not all in place. I know that I was fulfilled in my marriage before my wife spiraled off to the hell she went into and I cannot imagine going the distance without love. I will do it again but that door wont open until I go through whatever this process is, until I see the end. I have thought of dating because frankly I could use some really good sex as its been a while. Actually mediocre sex sounds ok right about now. lol I'm not really that type though, I like the connection to be there so I wait. I have been talking about me but this is to describe what I mean and I dont know how else to do it, I dont have the words like many people here do. Where I'm going is that I think you are going to go through a process of discovery, of sorting things out. How long it takes or where it leads you I have no idea. I wish you luck in your journey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships