Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 04:45 PM

332 posts, read 436,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
If they want to, why not?

Most women can provide for themselves. Now when children get involved some things may have to be adjusted, but that doesn't mean a man can't be a stay at home Dad. It depends entirely on what the parents agree on.

I've never had a man be my 'provider' nor do I expect it.
Except for when the bill for dinner comes, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 04:57 PM

57 posts, read 151,271 times
Quote:
And there are plenty of men out there that want a stay at home wife and want her basically 'barefoot in the kitchen'. Just because society is moving towards equality doesn't mean EVERYONE supports it.

If you don't want to pay for a woman, be up front about it. The ones who find offense with it won't be interested in you and you can save yourself the headache.
Nature intends women to stay at home and look after the home. But thanks to the Rockefellers they convinced women to go against their natural instincts and put education and career before marriage and motherhood.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
If they want to, why not?

Most women can provide for themselves. Now when children get involved some things may have to be adjusted, but that doesn't mean a man can't be a stay at home Dad. It depends entirely on what the parents agree on.

I've never had a man be my 'provider' nor do I expect it.
Hogwash! Without the support of the government, most women couldn't survive. It was the Rockefeller's agenda to make women independent and take away their need for men. The government wants people to be dependent on them for the purpose of control. Before feminism, the family unit was strong and stable. Men and women knew their roles. Women today might have more options, but they are going against their natural instincts.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:01 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,052,771 times
The OP never revealed whether or not he was intimate with this girl during the 4 dates

Old 05-14-2013, 05:13 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Except for when the bill for dinner comes, right?
I've ALWAYS gone dutch on dates. In fact, the last time I was out with the guy I'm seeing, I paid for everything. No big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan_Is_A_Loser View Post
Nature intends women to stay at home and look after the home. But thanks to the Rockefellers they convinced women to go against their natural instincts and put education and career before marriage and motherhood.
Uh....no. Not every woman wants to stay home and she shouldn't be FORCED to do so. Women do have minds ya know, they aren't just baby-making cleaning machines. I know quite a few stay at home Moms and they're perfectly happy....my own Mother was one. I do know it's not for me.

Quote:
Hogwash! Without the support of the government, most women couldn't survive. It was the Rockefeller's agenda to make women independent and take away their need for men. The government wants people to be dependent on them for the purpose of control. Before feminism, the family unit was strong and stable. Men and women knew their roles. Women today might have more options, but they are going against their natural instincts.

Really? Because I've supported myself without government intervention (except for a brief stint on unemployment, but that's not a gender thing) since I was 18. How exactly is the government helping me survive?

And I'll kindly have you not tell me what my natural instincts are. And if that were true, why are you complaining about providing for women? Shouldn't you be paying for EVERYTHING if you want to be traditional? Why complain about paying for dates, it's only natural for you to do so.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:23 PM

332 posts, read 436,262 times
Quote:
I've ALWAYS gone dutch on dates. In fact, the last time I was out with the guy I'm seeing, I paid for everything. No big deal.
Sorry, I confused you for someone else on here who always says she can't get dates, but still insists that the man should always pay.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:

Uh....no. Not every woman wants to stay home and she shouldn't be FORCED to do so. Women do have minds ya know, they aren't just baby-making cleaning machines. I know quite a few stay at home Moms and they're perfectly happy....my own Mother was one. I do know it's not for me.

Really? Because I've supported myself without government intervention (except for a brief stint on unemployment, but that's not a gender thing) since I was 18. How exactly is the government helping me survive?

And I'll kindly have you not tell me what my natural instincts are. And if that were true, why are you complaining about providing for women? Shouldn't you be paying for EVERYTHING if you want to be traditional? Why complain about paying for dates, it's only natural for you to do so.
I'm not at all saying women shouldn't work. I fully support women having the right to work. What I do have a problem with, however, is a society controlled by a corrupt media that encourages women to put education and career before marriage and motherhood and try to convince them that marriage and motherhood are outdated and are forms of oppression. Of course women should be allowed to work, but the level of women choosing work over marriage and motherhood has now gotten ridiculous.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:59 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,212,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Didn’t you say you never ask men out because they are all after you and therefore you can pick and choose? No need to quibble over who pays if it is the man that takes care of your expenses.

Did I say I have never had a girlfriend? Yes I have and I have shared about it here in different occasions. Now, as of having bunch of guys approach you in big numbers, is that the reason why you shave every time they take you out? I can understand women shaving their armpits and legs when a man takes them out but shaving their crotch every time guys take you out, I am not so sure about that. You live in a country not so many restrictions so if you like to be generous with guys when it comes to that then that is your thing and it is completely legal. For me, I rather go out with other kind of women that are not that generous with all guys that take them out when it comes to THAT. If women want to be promiscuous, that's their thing. It's just not my cup of tea, that's all.

That's right. When I was out there dating, I could pick and choose. Sorry you're jealous, but that's not my problem.

And where do you get this b.s. implying that my SO pays for everything? Quote the post where I say my SO pays for everything. What I said, and what you apparently can't understand because it seems that either English is your second language or your reading comprehension is very, very poor, is that we don't quibble because it all evens out. Think about that. Think hard. Like, maybe, just maybe, he doesn't pay for everything?

Do you even understand the difference between dating and being in an established relationship?

But even if he did, so what? What business would it be of yours? Yeah, sure, keep a ledger of other people's relationships. I can print them out and use them if I ever run out of toilet paper and get desperate.

Oh, and since you seem to be hung up on me and addicted to my posts on here, you should know that when I was married, I paid for pretty much everything. So you can keep your uninformed, ignorant, thinly veiled attempts to put words in my mouth to yourself. You fool no one who has been here for more than a week with that.

As for your last ridiculous paragraph about shaving, I take it you've never been on enough dates with someone that the possibility of sex is there. Which would explain a lot about your posts here, actually.

Time and time again you've been asked if you had a girlfriend, and you've always dodged the question. Given your incessant ragging, nagging, harping, and carping about women not asking you out and your constant, endless, ceaseless, boundless whining and complaining about women, I call shenanigans on your claim that you've ever been on more than 3 dates with the same person, much less had a long-term relationship of any significant emotional attachment.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
I'm not at all saying women shouldn't work. I fully support women having the right to work. What I do have a problem with, however, is a society controlled by a corrupt media that encourages women to put education and career before marriage and motherhood and try to convince them that marriage and motherhood are outdated and are forms of oppression. Of course women should be allowed to work, but the level of women choosing work over marriage and motherhood has now gotten ridiculous.
Maybe that's because women can't depend on their SOs/husbands/boyfriends sticking around and they know it? I've seen enough relationships dissolve where a woman has stayed at home taking care of the kids and when her husband decides to leave for a 'newer, hotter model' she has no work experience, no education and no way to support her family. Meanwhile, he got to spend years building up his work experiences, making more money while having someone at home taking care of all the odds and ends.

Sorry, but I'm not putting myself in that position. I protect myself and my family first and without education and work experience I'd be stuck if something like that happened.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:14 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,212,158 times
Quote:
Maybe that's because women can't depend on their SOs/husbands/boyfriends sticking around and they know it? I've seen enough relationships dissolve where a woman has stayed at home taking care of the kids and when her husband decides to leave for a 'newer, hotter model' she has no work experience, no education and no way to support her family. Meanwhile, he got to spend years building up his work experiences, making more money while having someone at home taking care of all the odds and ends.

Sorry, but I'm not putting myself in that position. I protect myself and my family first and without education and work experience I'd be stuck if something like that happened.
You'll never convince someone who clings to the outdated, patriarchal notion that marriage and motherhood are a woman's primary purpose in life that he's wrong. For someone like that to change his mind would be to relinquish power. But I do see your points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships