Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2013, 02:43 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,224,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
so just cause of a woman haves to take care of herself to go out, they deserve to be paid for dinner??

ok, then.

Since im naturally pretty, i only need 20 minutes of grooming before going out with someone and looking awesome. I guess its great to be me too.
The fact is that most men could not care less how we "groom" ourselves. We do that for ourselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 02:44 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,386,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixi10 View Post
I don't mind paying for the date or for share, I'm all for it, but I've never been in this situation where the guy asked me straight out before the date to pay for it. I'm not sure how to react to this.

We've been dating for a month now, he paid for all the past dates.

Of course I said I'd be more than happy to, but still. I'm having mixed feelings about this.

What would your reaction be?

I know this is an old thread but my answer still remains the same.........YOU SHOULD HAVE ALREADY PAID MORE THAN ONCE.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:45 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,554,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
The fact is that most men could not care less how we "groom" ourselves. We do that for ourselves.
Thats true.

Old 05-14-2013, 02:46 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,294,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
No, kid, I've been in a great relationship for years now. We don't quibble over who pays for what and who takes care of whom because we love each other and it all evens out in the end
Didn’t you say you never ask men out because they are all after you and therefore you can pick and choose? No need to quibble over who pays if it is the man that takes care of your expenses.
Quote:
something you can't understand because you haven't even had a girlfriend yet
Did I say I have never had a girlfriend? Yes I have and I have shared about it here in different occasions. Now, as of having bunch of guys approach you in big numbers, is that the reason why you shave every time they take you out? I can understand women shaving their armpits and legs when a man takes them out but shaving their crotch every time guys take you out, I am not so sure about that. You live in a country not so many restrictions so if you like to be generous with guys when it comes to that then that is your thing and it is completely legal. For me, I rather go out with other kind of women that are not that generous with all guys that take them out when it comes to THAT. If women want to be promiscuous, that's their thing. It's just not my cup of tea, that's all.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:14 PM

57 posts, read 151,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I know it's probably been mentioned earlier in the thread, but if you go out with a woman and she offered to split the bill, would you consider it a 'date' or would you think she wasn't interested in you romantically?

I always split the bill and have been told by guys that they just assumed I wasn't into them and thought of them as a friend.

So, basically it's lose-lose. If you let a guy pay, he will feel like you're taking advantage of him. If you split the bill, he'll think you're not interested in anything but friendship.
Then these guys are morons.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Im talking about how some women feel entitled to being payed free dinners FOR A MONTH. Like the OP. She didnt find it weird that a guy payed for all her dinners in a month, but she reacted shocked when he asked her to pay for ONE dinner?? wtf???

I find that situation outrageous cause i would NEVER let a men pay all my dinners for A MONTH.

This is what this thread is about, right??

How outrageous is the situation the OP presented. I think it is. What is outrageous is her feeling entitled to get free dinners and not paying once cent. And so many people supporting that idea. What the hell is wrong with women??
It was the Rockefeller family who admitted that their agenda was to use the media to entice women against men and to support feminism to break up the family unit. The media teaches women that it's okay to be selfish and ungrateful because men don't have emotions. Nick Rockefeller even bragged about how their media organization controls women. People watch this garbage and it reframes their mind. The idea of a woman paying for meal seems alien to them.

Up yours Rockefellers

Old 05-14-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I dont wanna pick a fight with anyone. I dont understand women mentallity. Most women in this thread arent reacting outraged with the OP, and being outraged with the OP attitude is the only logic reaction. Also, i wanna hear ONE LOGIC REASON why men have to pay for dates. And im not asking you, its ok if you want to play. I ask women who support this horrible behaviour from the OP.
Also, women are always going on about equality and how much they are oppressed by evil men. Well, if our society truly believes in equality then why expect men to mostly pay for things?

Old 05-14-2013, 04:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,683,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan_Is_A_Loser View Post
Also, women are always going on about equality and how much they are oppressed by evil men. Well, if our society truly believes in equality then why expect men to mostly pay for things?
And there are plenty of men out there that want a stay at home wife and want her basically 'barefoot in the kitchen'. Just because society is moving towards equality doesn't mean EVERYONE supports it.

If you don't want to pay for a woman, be up front about it. The ones who find offense with it won't be interested in you and you can save yourself the headache.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:28 PM

332 posts, read 436,875 times
Feminism allowed women to reject their traditional roles (if they wanted to) as stay at home mothers.

So now men should reject their role as providers.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:34 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,683,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Feminism allowed women to reject their traditional roles (if they wanted to) as stay at home mothers.

So now men should reject their role as providers.
If they want to, why not?

Most women can provide for themselves. Now when children get involved some things may have to be adjusted, but that doesn't mean a man can't be a stay at home Dad. It depends entirely on what the parents agree on.

I've never had a man be my 'provider' nor do I expect it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships