Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times

Advertisements

It takes a certain type of woman to be able to live, work and survive in NYC. You learn to be more aggressive, stronger with a "go-getter" mentality (in general). So yeah, maybe NYC women are more selective when it comes to men. Not to mention that in my opinion, there is a better market here for men in general and more to chose from.
If God forbid I ended up single again, I would take my ass (and my son) back to NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Not to mention that in my opinion, there is a better market here for men in general and more to chose from.
If God forbid I ended up single again, I would take my ass (and my son) back to NYC.
I'm confused... I believe single women outnumber single men in NYC by quite a bit.

http://media.boreme.com/post_media/2007/singles.jpg

Old 04-27-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm confused... I believe single women outnumber single men in NYC by quite a bit.

Single women seem to outnumber single men everywhere (or at least in most places), but I feel that the quality of men is better in NYC. I also thought that it's hard to find a good man in NYC, until I moved to South Florida. It's a nightmare here and really makes me appreciate a New York Man.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
but I feel that the quality of men is better in NYC
That might be true... Then again, most of them probably have many of the same "qualities" - aggressive and self-absorbed career climbers.

Ha, I just noticed women outnumber men here, too, which is unusual in the West.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
That might be true... Then again, most of them probably have many of the same "qualities" - aggressive and self-absorbed career climbers.

Just like in any place, some of them are self-absorbed and some are not.
I know a lot of successful, intelligent and good-hearted New Yorkers.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:54 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,677,484 times
Quote:

What exactly is wrong with career-climbing?

Old 04-27-2011, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
Surely, you find career-climbing to be an undesirable trait in men too, right?
No, it's not undesirable at all, but everything is better done in moderation.

Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 AM

369 posts, read 618,111 times
Quote:

Not so. I honestly believe that its the males (particularly loneliness depressed single males and Illegal single males) who aren't answering the census. If you'll go around particularly outside of Manhattan, there's plenty of males around and not enough women. One particular Brooklyn neighborhood, Boro Park, what's going on over there? Because the streets at all hours of the night and day is loaded with groups of males but where are all the women in Boro Park?

I wouldn't be surprised if some SECTS over there (pun intended) refused to answer the census due to a desire to be apart from "goyim" society yet if you look at the streets there..........................

Old 04-28-2011, 12:25 AM

369 posts, read 618,111 times
Quote:
Single women seem to outnumber single men everywhere (or at least in most places), but I feel that the quality of men is better in NYC. I also thought that it's hard to find a good man in NYC, until I moved to South Florida. It's a nightmare here and really makes me appreciate a New York Man.
So the big question is: in your opinion, are the women of South Fla (Broward county?) less picky than the women of NYC?

Old 04-28-2011, 06:01 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
Yeah Phil, there's some real crazy women here (and I'm sure real crazy men too and one of the crazy men might be me in some womens eyes) but there's two different kinds of crazy women in this town.

The first kind of crazy NYC woman is actually MORE likely to say yes because a town where up is down and a town where people think wrong in general is a town where the saner woman is going to be MORE likely to shut the door too quickly on a Mr Right and so the crazier woman is going to be SMART enough to know that she'd better grab a good man.

The second kind of crazy NYC woman is a woman who is SO crazy that she may be post 60 yo/out of condition (ask my dad) but she'll still reject Mr Right because her hairdye and her heavy makeup and her high fashion convince her that Brad Pitt is a comin..................
LMAO how very true, Walt!

Sounds like things have changed for the worse since I was living in the Village back in the 70's...back then, and especially in that area, the women were more "experimental" - they could and did hit on any guy that came along (or so it seemed to me ). Maybe it was the last hurrah of the Free Love era - maybe it was the drugs. But whatever it was, my guy friends and I never had any problems with rejection - quite the opposite actually.

I haven't been back in years, so I envision an "Escape From New York"- kind of scenario now - scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships