Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 07:10 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
I'd say girls are both more picky and less picky.

There are lots of girls who either have a great career and feel entitled to a guy with similar (when guys don't care nearly so much about that), or who see the disproportionately large number of guys in the city with everything (looks, money, style, brains, culture, etc.) and think that this means they can get one (while ignoring the even larger disproportionate number of ridiculously pretty women involved with the modeling and creative industries) and shouldn't settle for less. These women, although occasionally lucky, tend to stay alone.

This doesn't make things any worse as a guy though. There are more single women than men in the city and the creative industries are bigger than finance in terms of sheer workforce numbers -- so much so that despite the presence of the girls described in the prior paragraph who essentially take themselves off the dating market that the city's scene is uniquely good for guys and bad for women.
Absolutely, positively true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 07:14 PM

1,361 posts, read 3,715,086 times
I've been to NYC a lot. It seems like you have a better chance of getting a ridiculously good looking woman in NYC because there are so many more women than any other city. Whenever I go to NYC, I always usually catch the eyes of pretty women when I'm walking the streets. However, I live 3 hours away in Maryland. From my experience, DC Area women are much worse when it comes to being career/education-centric and wanting to build a "power couple". There are a lot of regular everyday people in New York. For the most part, people in DC are either poor or they are rich or upper middle class highly paid prestigious overpaid government workers who are overly dressed up and formal. However, it is hard to stand out in NYC. Even though I am different and have a unique look because I am a multiracial California native, NYC makes you feel like just another face in a crowd of millions. But I have mystique and I stand out where ever I go, even NYC.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:19 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,551,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
True. If I were normal then I'd do what a normal man would do which would be to run the fluck outta here.

I'd do the same.

I have money, but I don't flash it.

Even my mom complains and says I act like I have no money. Then I reply to her, "I am broke".

Because when I did tell her I had money, she thought I was super money man.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:32 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,676,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
I've been to NYC a lot. It seems like you have a better chance of getting a ridiculously good looking woman in NYC because there are so many more women than any other city. Whenever I go to NYC, I always usually catch the eyes of pretty women when I'm walking the streets. However, I live 3 hours away in Maryland. From my experience, DC Area women are much worse when it comes to being career/education-centric and wanting to build a "power couple". There are a lot of regular everyday people in New York. For the most part, people in DC are either poor or they are rich or upper middle class highly paid prestigious overpaid government workers who are overly dressed up and formal. However, it is hard to stand out in NYC. Even though I am different and have a unique look because I am a multiracial California native, NYC makes you feel like just another face in a crowd of millions. But I have mystique and I stand out where ever I go, even NYC.
How can you post this without also posting a picture of yourself?

Old 04-28-2011, 08:53 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,443,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Men can use their income to make up for what they lack in appearance and even for their age. But women can't. I doubt you'll find many men who look at a woman and say "she's not that great looking, but she has a great job and makes a lot of money so I'll ask her out." You might be a woman in your late 30s/early 40s, a partner at a law firm, making 6 figures, etc. The problem is that, as MathGuy correctly pointed out, you're still having to compete with younger women who might be more attractive than you. Every now and then, I'll hear a woman complain about how men aren't interested in her despite the fact that she's well educated, has a successful career, owns her own homes, etc. What she fails to recognize is that that's not what men find attractive. I can respect such a woman, but whether she's a high-powered corporate lawyer making 250K or a schoolteacher making 40K isn't going to really make a difference to me. So I think women who've achieved great success in their careers shouldn't act like their accomplishments entitle them to anything. It may seem unfair, but the dating world doesn't really reward points to women for having lots of degrees or a prestigious job title.

The lady i see up there is a corporate lawyer that i met through our business dealing up there and she tells me your a stange one when it comes to being staight out truthfull about what you want and do not want when it comes to dateing ..

She goes a being truthfull sometimes is not the best thing in dateing when we where haveing dinner one night and i told her this ..it better to tell the truth than have you get hurt twice when you find out i lied to you ..

Old 04-29-2011, 09:31 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
Nyc has more dimes than the average city.

Old 05-02-2011, 12:41 AM

369 posts, read 618,174 times
Some of the NYC females on internet dating/mating sites are SO obnoxiously picky and sure of themselves that they will click on a man's profile and then block him from being able to see her if they aren't interested in the man. I know that because I'll often get a message from the site saying I had (say for ex) seven women view my profile but then I'll only see say six new pictures of women (none of whom sent me any messages or flirts)..................

The ones who block others first must think they are really irresistible and that an 'ordinary" guy like me would "bother" them if I were to see that they clicked on my pic but I probably wouldn't have been interested because superficial types don't do anything for me. Any woman can put on a quarter pound of make-up, go to the hair salon or put a wig on and look "beautiful" until you squint closely. It doesn't give them the right to be so choosy and of course "their kind of men" aren't choosing them so that's why they are on the site. But anyway I don't think very many women outside of NY and a few other similar cities are that poisoned.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:55 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That might be true... Then again, most of them probably have many of the same "qualities" - aggressive and self-absorbed career climbers.

Ha, I just noticed women outnumber men here, too, which is unusual in the West.
Ha! Not all of us are self-absorbed. Funny - the same could be said of many women I have run across here.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,008,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltHowe View Post
Not so. I honestly believe that its the males (particularly loneliness depressed single males and Illegal single males) who aren't answering the census. If you'll go around particularly outside of Manhattan, there's plenty of males around and not enough women. One particular Brooklyn neighborhood, Boro Park, what's going on over there? Because the streets at all hours of the night and day is loaded with groups of males but where are all the women in Boro Park?

I wouldn't be surprised if some SECTS over there (pun intended) refused to answer the census due to a desire to be apart from "goyim" society yet if you look at the streets there..........................
Dude - why are you looking in Boro Park? You want a chick - Bay Ridge, Park Slope, the Heights. You want Hatzolah and Matzo - then Boro Park.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 AM

369 posts, read 618,174 times
I'm not looking in Boro Park. Where did it say that I was looking for a mate in Boro Park. I was making a point on how there are more men than women in NY and Boro Park provided a good example to make my case with. Go back, read all my posts again. You'll love what you read and maybe you'll give me more rep?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships