Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 06:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
I like the suggestions offered about volunteering
You know, nothing personal, but I'm sick and tired of hearing about that volunteering deal. I don't know and I haven't heard of a single person who met his/her SO through that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,887,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You know, nothing personal, but I'm sick and tired of hearing about that volunteering deal. I don't know and I haven't heard of a single person who met his/her SO through that.
It's a particularly bad piece of advice for women. Not exactly like the gender ratio is even. Far from it.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:32 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,739,584 times
Quote:
I agree. It would be so hard to volunteer if the booty sits on a chair before a message board 24/7

Old 05-02-2011, 07:32 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,643,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
1st) DUMP John Legend
2nd) Post a Picture
3rd) Man (well, umm woman) up - The only way to START dating is to START going out there!
(sitting home, bitching about not being able to date is the first issue) Go to a show, go to a library, go out in the wild, there are a lot of single men out there (I'm one) start finding things that interest you, then find people with the same interest!
4th) Being overweight doesn't make you unattractive it just gives you an excuse.
5th) My train of thought just derailed..

Jonathan
This is WEIRD, I am quoting myself!
I see you ignored me completely.
Never once did I say "join a gym, yadda yadda yadda"
I was almost 500 lbs at one point, and had a better social / love life 'back then' then I do now.. so Losing weight is not all that its cut out to be.
BUT what I hear in your tone is a 'Pity Party' and THAT is UNACCEPTABLE
if you ask for advice you will get it, some of it will be from a$$Holés
but most people care on here.

Jonathan

Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It would be so hard to volunteer if the booty sits on a chair before a message board 24/7
But it seems to be pretty easy for desperate virgins in their 30's to find desperate women (who will kick their sorry asses soon enough) to marry on it!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 PM

3,734 posts, read 4,549,824 times
Have you tried an online dating service, like match.com? Nowadays, lots of relationships start that way.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:09 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,677,720 times
Some guys like big girls. There are dating sites devoted exclusively to BBWs as they are commonly called.

Don't be so hard on yourself unless you REALLY want change. If you want that change then make it happen. You know what to do, you did it once already. All the other advice I read here was good.

Just remember this:
You can always be somebodies dream boat. Even if the cargo shifted and the anchor fell overboard.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,394,742 times
Quote:
Dress sexy. Go to bar and guys will fly to you like honey to a beehive
Maybe she doesn't want to dress sexy or go to a bar. Why would she want to pick up on some guy in a bar, generally only looking for a one-night stand?

I disagree strongly with this advice, assuming it was not said tongue-in-cheek.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:20 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,308,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Maybe she doesn't want to dress sexy or go to a bar. Why would she want to pick up on some guy in a bar, generally only looking for a one-night stand?

I disagree strongly with this advice, assuming it was not said tongue-in-cheek.
Wasn't she just asking for advice on how to get guys to come drink from her nectar?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:31 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,063,177 times
Quote:
So sorry that you are 'sick and tired'...it depends on where a person volunteers. Just because you personally haven't heard of anyone meeting someone to date in that venue does not mean it cannot or does not happen. All avenues of getting out and about and being around other people should be explored.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships