Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:42 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,775,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
So sorry that you are 'sick and tired'...it depends on where a person volunteers. Just because you personally haven't heard of anyone meeting someone to date in that venue does not mean it cannot or does not happen. All avenues of getting out and about and being around other people should be explored.
But Katie, as a general rule, people first need to get out of the house, right? LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 06:45 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,697,183 times
You need to work on your thought process. First off, you're not too old. Lose that "i'm too old" mentality. I don't get why 30 somethings are always saying they are too old for stuff. That kind of thinking will age you fast. There's a reason at 35 I look 25 and it sure as hell isn't my diet.

As for your weight. Many men do like over weight woman, however, it is clearly effecting your self esteem and self confidence. I would suggest losing some weight simply because it would improve your mental and physical health. You'd feel better about yourself. You'd be happier. This positivity will attract people to you. I speak from experience as I was overweight for awhile myself. Lost 52 lbs and it changed everything. Many individuals come in this forum asking "why". Whether you realize it or not, people whether it sub conscience or obvious pick up on self confidence, self esteem, etc. Body language and words in your language will give you away every time. It sounds like if you did find someone right now, you wouldn't be able to keep them or you'd become too dependent on them. Get happy and they will come.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:48 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,081,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
But Katie, as a general rule, people first need to get out of the house, right? LMAO
Yep, lol, that would certainly help in meeting others...unless by chance a delivery person or home maintenance person came by that developed into a dating situation.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:54 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,775,680 times
Quote:
Yep, lol, that would certainly help in meeting others...unless by chance a delivery person or home maintenance person came by that developed into a dating situation.
The Fedex/UPS guy

Ding Dong. Package from Transylvania LMAO

Old 05-03-2011, 07:03 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,731,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlegendfan View Post
i joined a gym a few years ago. Lost all the weight that I need to lose. Got attention from one guy there that i couldn't handle. I quit the gym and I am back to my old weight again.

so you guys are basically saying that i don't have any chances unless I lose the weight. right? fine, I got that.

But I feel very lonely. what can I do about this?
Well maybe the next guy you will want to handle!
Rawr!

All these people are talking about weight. Lose it or not, but do workout. A fit thick girl is going to be way hotter than someone who is just dough. That goes for thin side of things too if thats your goal. Working out will give you a mood boost too if you do cardio for over 30 minutes daily. Being in a better mood is attractive and the first step in getting un-lonely.

Just get social! You don't have to meet "the one" as soon as you go out there. Just think of: social, fun, friends, happiness.

Growing a fresh social circle is rough. But its not going to happen if you just stay in the house. Think about things you would like to do and just go do them. Friends of like minds will follow. And maybe they have a totally hot friend they will hook you up with a few months down the line.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:56 AM

31,173 posts, read 22,204,033 times
Quote:
How can I get a date? I am very lonely in a big city and I know nobody.
life is passing me by and I don't meet any guys..
I am a bit sad and don't know what to do.
is 36 too old to start dating ? I think I look older because I am overweight. what are my chances to get dates?

I welcome any ideas and/or critics.
1) 36 is a great age!
2) You can be overweight and attractive to 35 % of the male population
3) Being passive is a turn off,
4) get out there join a club or something you like to do whether its Bowling, fishing, singing, poker, trivia pursuit, or stamp collecting.
5) It's up to you whether to stay at home or go out and mingle. Mingling sounds much more fun

Old 05-03-2011, 01:31 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,988,315 times
Quote:
That's why the lady in 2B keeps breaking her pipes.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:47 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,332,487 times
Quote:
How can I get a date? I am very lonely in a big city and I know nobody.
life is passing me by and I don't meet any guys..
I am a bit sad and don't know what to do.
is 36 too old to start dating ? I think I look older because I am overweight. what are my chances to get dates?

I welcome any ideas and/or critics.
At this point you're in dire straights if you're 36 and have never dated anyone. I'd suggest an add on Craig's list or match.com being completely brutally honest about your lack of experience. You don't have time to mess around at 36. It would likely help if you tried walking a bit and maybe got your hair done so you can look your best for that all important first impression.

As a side note I'm not telling you to lose weight in order to get a date but I am saying you'll improve your health and your self confidence if you set even a modest goal and start working towards it. You'll feel great when you accomplish your goal (even if it's just losing 5lbs or walking three days a week) and that confidence will help guys notice you more. Lastly, if you see a guy you're interested in don't be afraid to introduce yourself or hand him your phone number. Guys like women who are confident enough they don't need to play games.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:32 PM

936 posts, read 2,064,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You know, nothing personal, but I'm sick and tired of hearing about that volunteering deal. I don't know and I haven't heard of a single person who met his/her SO through that.
You're right. She probably won't find an SO while volunteering. But it will get her in contact with others, and give her a way to occupy herself so that she's not stewing about not having an SO. That'll help decrease her desperation. And not being desperate will help her attract people.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:03 PM

43 posts, read 69,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Maybe she doesn't want to dress sexy or go to a bar. Why would she want to pick up on some guy in a bar, generally only looking for a one-night stand?

I disagree strongly with this advice, assuming it was not said tongue-in-cheek.

I agree with you. I am not a bar person and will never go to a bar to pick up some guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships