Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 10:45 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I completely disagree. Any man who is age appropriate for me and is attractive, is being pursued by 10 women in addition to me. (I am speaking of men 40+). Pursuing those guys gets you nothing more than three dates , the dick and the door. Those who pursue me actually like me and treat me accordingly.

If you are under the age of 35, i see why your perspective is different. But over 35, its a whole different ball game.
I don't believe age plays a role in this game. A man does not get excited about a dead animal being delivered to his door. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it always will be, regardless of some (short on testosterone) folks' wishful thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2011, 11:11 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
Quote:
I completely disagree. Any man who is age appropriate for me and is attractive, is being pursued by 10 women in addition to me. (I am speaking of men 40+). Pursuing those guys gets you nothing more than three dates , the dick and the door. Those who pursue me actually like me and treat me accordingly.

If you are under the age of 35, i see why your perspective is different. But over 35, its a whole different ball game.
I will gladly say that your age bracket and experience in the dating world give you a lot of insight. However, I still don't see any difference between our situations. I'm 23 (soon to be 24) and any woman that is age appropriate, single, and attractive is being pursued by 10 men. Pursuing these women will get me 3 dates, sex if she deems me worthy, then the door. That's not what I'm looking for, and there are plenty of guys like me, though we may not be as common as the guys who are looking for that. That is ok too, just not my preference.

The problem is either that we do not know how to pursue correctly (the target gets bored, loses attraction, etc.) or that we are pursuing the wrong people (those whose priorities do not match our own).

Our situations are surprisingly similar. If a woman were to pursue me, I would know that she actually likes me and treats me accordingly. The trials and tribulations that you would be facing by pursuing men are something that men have to deal with every single time they pursue a woman.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:12 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,673,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't believe age plays a role in this game. A man does not get excited about a dead animal being delivered to his door. That's the way it's always been and that's the way it always will be, regardless of some (short on testosterone) folks' wishful thinking.
Well a man won't bang the dead animal he finds on his doorstep. the woman he isn't attracted to who shows up on his doorstep? yes, he will still hit it.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:13 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,550,533 times
hate em...rather have beer instead

Old 05-19-2011, 11:15 AM

at garfunkle- yes our situations are similar, but it isn't surprising at all. it is a major reason why you will see a 40 year old woman with a 25 year old man. they are in the same sexual stages (and I don't just mean libido).

Old 05-19-2011, 11:18 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,846,187 times
Quote:
Not all men view dating as a conquest. I just look for someone who makes me genuinely happy. If she falls into my arms and the feeling is mutual, it does not matter whether I feel like I conquered her or not. All I care about is the quality of the relationship.

If that last sentence was meant as a jab, I think it was unwarranted.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:22 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
yes, he will still hit it.
Sure, but I didn't think we were talking about that. Almost any woman can find that in any bar on any given day.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Sure, but I didn't think we were talking about that. Almost any woman can find that in any bar on any given day.
Yes they can. but in the context of discussing women pursuing men, it is important to note that pursuing a man who isn't interested will *seem* to yield positive results. of course he will accept a date, and of course he will cordial and affection. Why? Because he is willing to hit it. And once he does, he's off to ask out a gal he really likes. This is a common source of the "he never called me" complaints.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:30 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
I like coffee. I like dates. But for them to work together, I need something more. A bookstore! A coffee date at a bookstore works for me. If the date is boring, there are lots of interesting books to compensate. In general, though, I prefer some other meeting place, as I also like alcohol! Perhaps sushi and sake? Or baked brie and chardonnay?

Old 05-19-2011, 11:33 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Yes they can. but in the context of discussing women pursuing men, it is important to note that pursuing a man who isn't interested will *seem* to yield positive results. of course he will accept a date, and of course he will cordial and affection. Why? Because he is willing to hit it. And once he does, he's off to ask out a gal he really likes. This is a common source of the "he never called me" complaints.
This isn't always true. Also just because a man pursues a woman and she finally decides to date him doesn't mean she won't get used up and thrown away. some guys will go to any length just to get some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships