Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you look down upon women who have sex?
Yes, if it's casual sex 18 26.87%
Yes, if it's outside of a serious relationship 15 22.39%
Yes, if it's outside of marriage 10 14.93%
No, unless she had a well known negative reputation 7 10.45%
No, it doesn't matter to me at all 32 47.76%
Other (specify) 8 11.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 09:43 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,988,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Sex is meant for two people who have deep feelings and are in love. It's not meant just to get off.
Says who?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 09:46 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,024,007 times
I don't look down on women who have sex with multiple partners. My SO when she was younger had a fair amount of casual sex with multiple partners (which she is not proud of either). If I looked down on her for that, it would be impossible to be with her! Luckily, she is healthy and didn't have anything bad happen to her (like catching an std) through that part of her life.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:54 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,851,305 times
Quote:
Sex is meant for two people who have deep feelings and are in love. It's not meant just to get off.
Well if that's your take on it, why not just say that sex should only be for those who are married?

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
You're the one who brought them up, lol.
Yeah, I did, but that's not to say that they have them.

Yes, promiscuity applies to both men and women, but for different reasons. You can't convince me (or most people) for one second that the average woman has as strong an appetite for random copulation as the average man does.

Most of the women I know seem to have no real problem going somewhat long periods of time without sexual activity. Show me a man that's gone more than a month without sex and I'll show you a man on the brink of insanity.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:26 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
Well if that's your take on it, why not just say that sex should only be for those who are married?

"And they will be married in my house of worship or it will not be valid"

David Karesh 1990

I'm being facetious on the quote but people putting their morality on others is so subjective (and typically hypocritical) they will always be wrong. When I was younger and for more naive I used to think the same way.

Note" The percentages in the poll equal more than 100%????

Last edited by LS Jaun; 05-10-2011 at 10:53 AM..

Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"And they will be married in my house of worship or it will not be valid"

David Karesh 1990

I'm being facetious on the quote but people putting their morality on others is so subjective (and typically hypocritical) they will always be wrong. When I was younger and for more naive I used to think the same way.
What I'm essentially asking that poster is that if you believe that sex should be for those in love, why not just say it's for spouses?

Old 05-10-2011, 02:58 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
And you are my father or something?? Who are you to tell me what's right and wrong for me?? Sex is sex..Making love is something completely different. IF you can't see the difference between that, then that's your problem..
If you can't see that those are my beliefs and get defensive over them then that is YOUR problem not mine. I personally don't have a problem.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
What I'm essentially asking that poster is that if you believe that sex should be for those in love, why not just say it's for spouses?
Not everybody believes in marriage or sometimes "can't" be married. Totally different subject that I'm not getting into.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Not everybody believes in marriage or sometimes "can't" be married. Totally different subject that I'm not getting into.
...And not everybody believes in sex being for those in relationships. Technically, sex is meant for reproduction.

Old 05-10-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
...And not everybody believes in sex being for those in relationships. Technically, sex is meant for reproduction.
and people are entitled to their own beliefs and opinions. Good luck

Old 05-10-2011, 03:14 PM

37,474 posts, read 61,432,180 times
Quote:
Reproduction is not the only purpose of sex.

Sex is a multi-purposed exercise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships