Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2011, 05:22 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,328,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Seems like a risk one would be willing to make rather than unexpectedly siring a child, if abstinence is out of the question. My husband had no complications; I don't think most men who have the procedure experience any side effects other than discomfort during the healing process.

An alternative would be to use multiple forms of birth control at the same time, every time, but even that is not 100%. If a guy really doesn't want to ever have children or pay child support, it seems like the only reliable options are to zip it or snip it.
Exactly, just be responsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 06:01 PM

1,626 posts, read 3,904,970 times
Im 30,..... NO

Old 06-02-2011, 09:05 AM

36,690 posts, read 31,000,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
Complications, lowered testosterone production, etc.
"A major study of vasectomy side effects occurring within eight to 10 years after the procedure was published in the British Medical Journal in 1992. This study -- the Health Status of American Men, or HSAM -- was sponsored by the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD). Investigators questioned 10,590 vasectomized men, and an equal number of nonvasectomized men, to see if they had developed any of 99 different disorders. After a total of 182,000 person-years of follow-up, only one condition, epididymitis/orchitis (defined as painful, swollen, and tender epididymis or testis) -- was found to be more common after vasectomy. This local inflammation most often occurs during the first year after surgery. When treated with heat, it usually clears up within a week."

Lowered testosterone levels can also be caused by sport injuries, alcohol, aging, reat meat and tight jeans. Might want to avoid all that stuff too.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I disagree with the abortion. I personally cannot abort a fetus (which is Latin for baby) with a clear conscience. I'd put them up for adoption and meet up with them when they're older.
You do know that contact with a birth parent is up to the child. There is no guarentee that you will ever have any knowledge of a child you give up for adoption. So dont count on meeting up with them when they are older.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:03 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,486,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You do know that contact with a birth parent is up to the child. There is no guarentee that you will ever have any knowledge of a child you give up for adoption. So dont count on meeting up with them when they are older.
And if you raise a kid, that's no guarantee of contact when they get older and move out.

If someone had a bad childhood because they were raised by parents that were unfit to raise a child, they probably won't want contact with their parents when they get older.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:12 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,654,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
And if you raise a kid, that's no guarantee of contact when they get older and move out.

If someone had a bad childhood because they were raised by parents that were unfit to raise a child, they probably won't want contact with their parents when they get older.
You and 2mares make excellent points, but I would rather do what wouod be best for the child and do what would most likely make them happy by giving them to a loving home. If they don't want to see me, then that's ok. There's no guarantee either way you go.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post

Of course. Just saying either way dont think you can just waltz into an adult childs life because you want to. They may not want a relationship with you be it because you werent there for them during their childhood because of adoption or you were there but a bad parent.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Of course. Just saying either way dont think you can just waltz into an adult childs life because you want to. They may not want a relationship with you be it because you werent there for them during their childhood because of adoption or you were there but a bad parent.
So why bother keeping the baby if you know the baby (and you) will have a bad life? Why not give the baby to an adoptive parent so the baby will have a better life and your life won't be ruined?

If anything, putting the baby up for adoption shows that you are there for them. It shows that you want what's best for the baby.

Quote:
You and 2mares make excellent points, but I would rather do what wouod be best for the child and do what would most likely make them happy by giving them to a loving home. If they don't want to see me, then that's ok. There's no guarantee either way you go.
And that's exactly the point I was trying to make. If you know you're unfit to be a parent, it's better to give the baby to someone that wants to be a parent.

I assumed you would be willing to take the chance that the baby wouldn't want to see you, and you confirmed my assumption on this post.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Thats good , but for someone who is outspokenly "childfree" and advocating for "childfree" lifestyles and vasectomys all around and worried about there being 6 billion people on the planet you might want to consider tubaligation and reconsider abortion as an option in case your "childfree" life dosent work out. You dont want to add an unwanted child to world overpopulation.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Thats good , but for someone who is outspokenly "childfree" and advocating for "childfree" lifestyles and vasectomys all around and worried about there being 6 billion people on the planet you might want to consider tubaligation and reconsider abortion as an option in case your "childfree" life dosent work out. You dont want to add an unwanted child to world overpopulation.
For that matter, I don't understand how someone can be child-free and also pro-life. If you truly hate the thought of having a baby, you would support abortion. If someone hated babies as much as me, they would support abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships