Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2011, 10:31 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,657,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats good , but for someone who is outspokenly "childfree" and advocating for "childfree" lifestyles and vasectomys all around and worried about there being 6 billion people on the planet you might want to consider tubaligation and reconsider abortion as an option in case your "childfree" life dosent work out. You dont want to add an unwanted child to world overpopulation.
I would get a tubal litigation if it didn't cause more side effects than a vasectomy and the fact that most doctors won't do it on a young person. I'm sorry but I just can't reconsider abortion. I can't. There's plenty of evidence to prove that they're living in the womb. In fact, in 18-25 days after conception, the child's heart begins beating. I can't do it. And in all honesty, I disagree with the overpopulation notion. However, I do think that there are too many abandoned children as it is to bring any more into the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2011, 10:32 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,495,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I would get a tubal litigation if it didn't cause more side effects than a vasectomy and the fact that most doctors won't do it on a young person. I'm sorry but I just can't reconsider abortion. I can't. There's plenty of evidence to prove that they're living in the womb. In fact, in 18-25 days after conception, the child's heart begins beating. I can't do it. And in all honesty, I disagree with the overpopulation notion. However, I do think that there are too many abandoned children as it is to bring any more into the world.
If you hate babies, why would you care if a fetus gets aborted?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,451,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
For that matter, I don't understand how someone can be child-free and also pro-life. If you truly hate the thought of having a baby, you would support abortion. If someone hated babies as much as me, they would support abortion.
I'm childfree, but I don't hate babies -- I just don't want them. As a Christian, I believe all human life is sacred, and I don't think it's right to kill a baby for convenience when adoption is a perfectly good option.

I do think overpopulation is a huge problem, but contraception is a much better option than abortion.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
If you hate babies, why would you care if a fetus gets aborted?
I don't hate babies. They can be blessings, but they're not something that I would be qualified to take care of.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:37 AM

I guess my point of view is different since I hate babies. That's one of the reasons I'm never having kids. There's also the financial reason and the fact that I don't want to raise kids.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar22 View Post
I'm childfree, but I don't hate babies -- I just don't want them. As a Christian, I believe all human life is sacred, and I don't think it's right to kill a baby for convenience when adoption is a perfectly good option.

I do think overpopulation is a huge problem, but contraception is a much better option than abortion.
I agree.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:39 AM

5,984 posts, read 13,451,163 times
Quote:
I guess my point of view is different since I hate babies. That's one of the reasons I'm never having kids. There's also the financial reason and the fact that I don't want to raise kids.
You hate babies so much that you want them dead? I'll admit, I can't stand to be around babies or small children. I go grocery shopping at midnight to avoid being around little kids. I avoid places where there are likely to be children. I don't like babies or children at all -- but they're still innocent human beings. I don't want them to die.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:41 AM

36,822 posts, read 31,102,861 times
Quote:
So why bother keeping the baby if you know the baby (and you) will have a bad life? Why not give the baby to an adoptive parent so the baby will have a better life and your life won't be ruined?

If anything, putting the baby up for adoption shows that you are there for them. It shows that you want what's best for the baby.
I dont think I ever advocated keeping a baby you dont want or cant afford. I have nothing against adoption.
But thinking you can pick up a parent child relationship later on after placing a child up for adoption is not something to bank on.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
You hate babies so much that you want them dead? I'll admit, I can't stand to be around babies or small children. I go grocery shopping at midnight to avoid being around little kids. I avoid places where there are likely to be children. I don't like babies or children at all -- but they're still innocent human beings. I don't want them to die.
Yeah, they are innocent humans. I know it seems like a contradiction on mine and northstar22's part but still. We know that they are blessings, but we just don't want the 24/7 responsibility of raising children.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:44 AM

Quote:
You hate babies so much that you want them dead? I'll admit, I can't stand to be around babies or small children. I go grocery shopping at midnight to avoid being around little kids. I avoid places where there are likely to be children. I can't stand them -- but they're still innocent human beings. I don't want them to die.
After they're born, I don't want them killed. But as far as I'm concerned, a fetus is not life. A fetus has no rights. Your rights don't kick in until you're born and you get a birth certificate. Fetuses don't contribute toward the population count. They're not people.

I don't know what your view on the death penalty is. But I don't understand why so many pro-lifers also support the death penalty. The death penalty has killed innocent people. And they were actually living humans, there's no debating that. There's debate over whether or not a fetus is life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships