Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 09:55 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,657,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonata36 View Post
How old are you? Your position will change to both extremes a few times before you are 30. Trust me.
I'm 19 almost 20.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2011, 09:59 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,966,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
That's another thing I forgot to mention. I also realize how expensive it is to raise kids, especially in this economy. I'd rather save my money so I can pay for my own retirement. I don't want any government handouts when I'm old. That being said, I am also willing to donate to organizations that help children, go on missions trips that help children in Third World Countries or in poor neighborhoods, heck, I'll even adopt.
An adopted child is as expensive to raise as a child you give birth to.

If you don't want to have children, that's your choice and I'm sure you'll find a man who has the same feelings. Just make sure you're honest with him about it, and if you change your mind later in life, expect that he may not be on board with it.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:03 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,049,810 times
Quote:
How old are you? Your position will change to both extremes a few times before you are 30. Trust me.
Wut? Are you some sort of omniscient deity? http://rvingoutpost.invisionzone.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/scratch-head.gif (broken link)

In the future, it would be best to say "you might change your mind." A broad, sweeping "you will.." is insulting and bound to p.iss off quite a few who consider themselves early articulates.

Quite a few CFs (including me) have stated that they never wanted kids from the time they first learned about the birds 'n bees; that stance never-ever changed. In fact, some of us view it as an orientation. The desire to have children is simply null.

As to the OP - it is true that childfrees who specifically state they are Christian are hard to find. However, a CF fellow would probably not object to your belief system, just ask that you not be insistent on him joining you for the Wednesday night/Sunday a.m. observance.

Have you checked Childfree Marriages - Christian Forums
you might get a better answer there

Old 05-25-2011, 10:03 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,674,890 times
Quote:
That's another thing I forgot to mention. I also realize how expensive it is to raise kids, especially in this economy. I'd rather save my money so I can pay for my own retirement. I don't want any government handouts when I'm old. That being said, I am also willing to donate to organizations that help children, go on missions trips that help children in Third World Countries or in poor neighborhoods, heck, I'll even adopt.
That's I always laugh whenever I hear people claim that poor women in the inner city have kids in order to collect welfare. The amount of money you get from the government doesn't come close to helping you raise a child. So it's a losing proposition to have more kids just to qualify for more money. There are far better ways to get handouts than having kids.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
That's I always laugh whenever I hear people claim that poor women in the inner city have kids in order to collect welfare. The amount of money you get from the government doesn't come close to helping you raise a child. So it's a losing proposition to have more kids just to qualify for more money. There are far better ways to get handouts than having kids.
But I'm not on any government handout nor do I have kids

Old 05-25-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
Wut? Are you some sort of omniscient deity?

In the future, it would be best to say "you might change your mind." A broad, sweeping "you will.." is insulting and bound to p.iss off quite a few who consider themselves early articulates.

Quite a few CFs (including me) have stated that they never wanted kids from the time they first learned about the birds 'n bees; that stance never-ever changed. In fact, some of us view it as an orientation. The desire to have children is simply null.

As to the OP - it is true that childfrees who specifically state they are Christian are hard to find. However, a CF fellow would probably not object to your belief system, just ask that you not be insistent on him joining you for the Wednesday night/Sunday a.m. observance.

Have you checked Childfree Marriages - Christian Forums
you might get a better answer there
ya, I've gotten the "you'll change your mind" bingo before. Also, I've even gotten strange looks too. But I haven't experienced anything super hostile such as mothers yelling at me telling me I'm a kid hater or whatever. But something tells me I might experience that a lot on the near future. Which is why that I'd like to move to a more singles and CF couples environment. Hopefully I can find it somewhere near the beach because my dream is to have a penthouse apartment by the ocean.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:27 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,674,890 times
Quote:
But I'm not on any government handout nor do I have kids
I'm just talking in general.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:59 AM

19,812 posts, read 20,410,292 times
Quote:
Your position will change to both extremes a few times before you are 30.

I'm 31 and still don't want the 24/7 responsibility lol

Old 05-25-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I'm 31 and still don't want the 24/7 responsibility lol
Lol nice! I get that people, in fact DO change their minds about this matter, though I'm certain I won't.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:18 PM

379 posts, read 515,028 times
Quote:
ya, I've gotten the "you'll change your mind" bingo before. Also, I've even gotten strange looks too. But I haven't experienced anything super hostile such as mothers yelling at me telling me I'm a kid hater or whatever. But something tells me I might experience that a lot on the near future. Which is why that I'd like to move to a more singles and CF couples environment. Hopefully I can find it somewhere near the beach because my dream is to have a penthouse apartment by the ocean.
You're probably the first Cancer that I've ever heard doesn't want kids.

The bolded statement sounds like something that someone 19 or 20 would say. There's nothing wrong with what you want. Right now the things that are important to you will change drastically by the time you are thirty. You can't control it, it just happens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships