Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2011, 11:11 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,705,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
It's not playing games. It's having compassion and social grace.

But you go ahead and ask him. As I said, you will probably ruin your chances of being friends with the guy.

Which, honestly, would be doing him a favor.
Then you shouldn't have a problem with it, right? So I guess I won't be hearing your opinion anymore, which would be doing me a favor.

Everybody wins!!!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:12 AM

869 posts, read 974,934 times
Quote:
Onglet NYC wrote:

This guy is very smitten with me, and as such treats me very well. He's not my "type" but then again, I'm not so focused on dating my type anymore
The only direction such a situation can go is down. You already find him freakish. It causes concern and uneasiness. Such emotions can be detected via body language and inevitably cause the other person to feel criticized and rejected. Furthermore, if your relationbship with this fellow depends on his performance, do him a favor and let him find someone who will place more importance on character attributes. To be honest, what you seem to need is someone who is as focused on the sexual aspect of a relationship as you are and who is physically at least within the average parameters. This way you can feel at ease and convey that to your companion instead of conveying repugnance via the nonverbal aspect of communication.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:13 AM

2,650 posts, read 3,019,124 times
While "WTF is you major malfunction!?" is probably the wrong way to go about it I don't see another way to ask than to do so straight up. I would think that using an approach that doesn't include negatives with an emphasis on your concerns for the both of you as regards the issue would be the way to go. If he doesn't care he was never worth the time. If he doesn't know no matter how much it hurts you have still done him a kindness because he can then work towards fixing this which he needs to do and long run he is better off with the next girl. He may know and I think he does but for whatever reason has done nothing about it. In this case frank discussion could be the impetus he needs to start dealing with it or understand that it needs to be dealt with for his own sake.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:16 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,343,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Now that you mention it, I probably should come up with a better way to ask the question than, "What's the deal with the premature ejaculation?"

If anyone has a better suggestion, I am willing to listen!
Honestly, for me it would be awkward....especially if I am considering keeping him around as a friend. It's a sensitive subject and the outcome will probably result with him being embarrased or offended.

It will take a big man (no pun intended) to still remain friends after discussing such intimate details. Good luck.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:17 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,661,633 times
Quote:
He dry humped me and came in less than 10 thrusts, no I am not exaggerating.
You talking about your dog?

Old 06-18-2011, 11:18 AM

3,739 posts, read 5,806,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
3.5 around?
That ain't right. That's pencil thin.
That's for sure! But like she says, she's not a Carpenter. Many women (particularly Journalists) have trouble with that Diameter/Circumference thing...

Three and a half inches indiameter is more like... (skip to 1:37)
YouTube - ‪Bella Mafia ~ Jennifer Tilly ~ Pt. 1‬‏

Old 06-18-2011, 11:18 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,299,825 times
Quote:
Then you shouldn't have a problem with it, right? So I guess I won't be hearing your opinion anymore, which would be doing me a favor.

Everybody wins!!!
You're the one who, by your own admission and many posts on here, can't seem to attract and develop a healthy relationship with a good man. I've never had that problem, and you could probably learn a thing or two from me, but suit yourself: Keep doing what you're doing and keep being alone and lonely. You bring it on yourself.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:21 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,322,151 times
Quote:
"What's the deal with the premature ejaculation?"
That sounds wonderful, if you plan to word it this way! Not!

Can't you just say: X, I really enjoy our time together, but I've noticed that the few times we were intimate you came pretty fast. Is it because you haven't had sex for a long time or because you get too excited or nervous with a new partner? Has that happened to you before? Is there anything I can do to help you slow down?

Imagine if somebody fires something like this at YOU!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
While "WTF is you major malfunction!?" is probably the wrong way to go about it I don't see another way to ask than to do so straight up. I would think that using an approach that doesn't include negatives with an emphasis on your concerns for the both of you as regards the issue would be the way to go. If he doesn't care he was never worth the time. If he doesn't know no matter how much it hurts you have still done him a kindness because he can then work towards fixing this which he needs to do and long run he is better off with the next girl. He may know and I think he does but for whatever reason has done nothing about it. In this case frank discussion could be the impetus he needs to start dealing with it or understand that it needs to be dealt with for his own sake.
I am willing to bet that this is the reason why he has never been married - something he really wants. (He told me so.)

Truth is, I really felt attraction towards him building up very strongly, but it sputtered out after the sexual dysfunction. (I think it's probably gone now, but I won't know that for sure until I see him again later.) May as well tell him the truth instead of simply giving him the boot without a reason as someone just suggested. And maybe I'll get lucky and will hear about a legit reason, such as he's on some sort of medication temporarily. I doubt it, but you never know.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That sounds wonderful, if you plan to word it this way! Not!

Can't you just say: X, I really enjoy our time together, but I've noticed that the few times we were intimate you came pretty fast. Is it because you haven't had sex for a long time or because you get too excited or nervous with a new partner? Has that happened to you before? Is there anything I can do to help you slow down?

Imagine if somebody fires something like this at YOU!
Excellent, that's very well-worded!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships